• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

college football

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a mess

lsu and alabama again? i'd rather watch a pie eating contest

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a mess

lsu and alabama again? i'd rather watch a pie eating contest

Haha, I'd rather watch my dog watch you watching a pie eating contest. In Soviet Russia, pie eats you.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares about russia, they suck at hockey

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boise State doesn't miss that kick this would have been the year they played for the national title. Or at least the best chance they would ever have had.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter... Georgia will beat one of them in the SEC CG. :becky:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can gripe all they want about LSU v. Bama part II, but the other teams with a shot aren't taking care of their business.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does alabama deserve a shot more than other teams? they didn't take care of business, and weren't they on home field as well?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully at some point they go with a playoff style system. best thing is create 8 conferences and have the top 2 teams from each play for the conf title. then have an 8 team playoff ranked by bcs standings. or even extend it to top 4 teams instead of 2 for the conf title. so that would put 32 teams in the playoffs.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does alabama deserve a shot more than other teams? they didn't take care of business, and weren't they on home field as well?

They lost by 3 to the top team in the nation and they lost once. These other teams are either dropping to unranked teams or taking their second loss.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most folks were okay giving Oregon a shot vs. LSU and they had already lost to LSU......they were on track to do so until they got beat a second time. Oklahoma was creeping back into the discussion until Baylor beat them. Alabama does have one small advantage at this point in time. Because they are in SEC West and they lost to LSU, they will not have to play in the SEC Championship game. At this point, it appears all they have to do is get by Auburn. Records don't matter in that game. Auburn would LOVE to take Bama out the BCS championship picture.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What happens if Arkansas beats LSU next week?

That's what I'm rooting for since it would make for such an awesome mess and even though it won't happen it still would be a nice little nudge for playoffs.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully at some point they go with a playoff style system. best thing is create 8 conferences and have the top 2 teams from each play for the conf title. then have an 8 team playoff ranked by bcs standings. or even extend it to top 4 teams instead of 2 for the conf title. so that would put 32 teams in the playoffs.

Yeah at this point Nascar has a better championship system than the BCS.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's what I'm rooting for since it would make for such an awesome mess and even though it won't happen it still would be a nice little nudge for playoffs.

How are the playoffs a good thing? Will they really decide the best team in the nation?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How are the playoffs a good thing? Will they really decide the best team in the nation?

The NFL playoffs don't always decide the best team in the league either (98 Vikings losing to the Falcons)

But it would be a more accurate and closer than the current ranking system is. I mean if the NFL had the same ranking system than Green Bay last season wouldn't even be in one of the major bowl games let alone winning a championship.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The NFL playoffs don't always decide the best team in the league either (98 Vikings losing to the Falcons)

But it would be a more accurate and closer than the current ranking system is. I mean if the NFL had the same ranking system than Green Bay last season wouldn't even be in one of the major bowl games let alone winning a championship.

And Arizona never would have won the NFC.

How about the college basketball tournament? Were the best two teams in the country last year UConn and Butler? Has Butler been the second best team in then country two years in a row?

How many times has a playoff system in any league or sport produced a final matchup of the best 2 teams?

The argument that a playoff will determine the best team in the nation is ridiculous. We've just been conditioned to accept a playoff in sports.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And Arizona never would have won the NFC.

How about the college basketball tournament? Were the best two teams in the country last year UConn and Butler? Has Butler been the second best team in then country two years in a row?

How many times has a playoff system in any league or sport produced a final matchup of the best 2 teams?

The argument that a playoff will determine the best team in the nation is ridiculous. We've just been conditioned to accept a playoff in sports.

I don't disagree with you but at least in a playoff system you've earned your right to be in the championship game.

Granted to a certain extent you do earn that spot in college football with your season play but it just leaves to many teams that you can argue should be in it out.

I mean let's say Arkansas beats LSU this weekend which will leave a bunch of quality 1 loss teams and if the season ends with a bunch of one loss teams you have to narrow it down two 2 teams with formulas and stats.

Wouldn't you much rather see a system where these teams play each other and decide it out on the field than by deciding it with computers and calculations?