• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College football OT is dumb as hell.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say to fix it the schools should the cheerleaders mud wrestler and which ever squad wins that school wins the game. It’s just exciting as college OT and actually determines a winner unless the NFL.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say to fix it the schools should the cheerleaders mud wrestler and which ever squad wins that school wins the game. It’s just exciting as college OT and actually determines a winner unless the NFL.
Yes, you are probably drunk.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerleaders mud wrestling sounds cool, but also something I can get on the internet during half time.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cheerleaders mud wrestling sounds cool, but also something I can get on the internet during half time.

Sure, but you can leave the stadium and interweb how dumb the college OT is. I mean this is an amazing system when the game turns out like that but most of the time it is just a lame OT that comes down one OT and the better kicker. Football isn’t fucking soccer.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC OT game ratings would go through the roof

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has made a tweak to college football's overtime rules. If a game reaches a 5th overtime, teams will begin to run alternating 2-point plays rather than offensive possessions starting at the 25-yard line. This was done to limit the number of plays run overall.

Call it a response to the 2018 LSU-Texas A&M game, which went into seven overtimes last season and resulted in a 74-72 win for A&M. By the end of the game, both sides were clearly beyond gassed. Safety and recovery both need to be taken into account when discussing overtime periods in college football.

...and the rules get dumber.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has made a tweak to college football's overtime rules. If a game reaches a 5th overtime, teams will begin to run alternating 2-point plays rather than offensive possessions starting at the 25-yard line. This was done to limit the number of plays run overall.

Call it a response to the 2018 LSU-Texas A&M game, which went into seven overtimes last season and resulted in a 74-72 win for A&M. By the end of the game, both sides were clearly beyond gassed. Safety and recovery both need to be taken into account when discussing overtime periods in college football.

Fucking vegas has to go meddling with everything! er i mean ncaa

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This new rule will probably make OT more exciting if any game happens to get to a 5th OT period. But it's also going to make college OT an even worse way to decide the better team.

That's always been the big tradeoff with college OT and the NFL. College is more exciting, but it's a really shitty way to decide a winner.

You don't play 60 minutes of one game and then fundamentally change the game when you go to OT (it essentially becomes Arena football in college OT). It doesn't make any sense. You don't move the fences 100 yards in if you go to extra innings in baseball.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This new rule will probably make OT more exciting if any game happens to get to a 5th OT period. But it's also going to make college OT an even worse way to decide the better team.

That's always been the big tradeoff with college OT and the NFL. College is more exciting, but it's a really shitty way to decide a winner.

You don't play 60 minutes of one game and then fundamentally change the game when you go to OT (it essentially becomes Arena football in college OT). It doesn't make any sense. You don't move the fences 100 yards in if you go to extra innings in baseball.
You do take players off the ice in hockey, you play shorter periods in basketball and NFL football.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M 74, LSU 72. Enough said. Do it like the NFL does. Damn.
Would bullshit this if our new found bitch ass members didn't bitch so much the bullshit emoji got taken away.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do take players off the ice in hockey, you play shorter periods in basketball and NFL football.

Well yeah you play shorter periods. You don't play a whole extra game for over time. And the extra periods have the same rules in the case of basketball. In the NFL the rules are basically the same now that they've cut OT down to 10 minutes. In either case you're not fundamentally changing how the game is played. Baseball is a pure extension of the game.

They do change the rules in Ice Hockey. I forgot they even do that. The rule is pretty new though and I think that's just the NHL. Not sure I'd have an opinion on it, haven't seen enough of the rule in action.

The closest thing to what college OT does is the penalty shootout in soccer. That's also a terrible way to decide a winner but in soccer they generally only go to that after an additional 30 minute extra period. And that's only so the players don't die of exhaustion before somebody scores.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

id say its in response to having 2 consecutive years with 7 OT games. also a couple others that reached 5 in the last 3 years

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would bullshit this if our new found bitch ass members didn't bitch so much the bullshit emoji got taken away.
You had your chance. It's been up since last November.