• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cohen's absence.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, before I go on I'll preface by saying that Cohen being out is really really sh*tty...even moreso now because I believe we have a QB playing that is more likely to give him opportunities to make plays with better decision-making. And that really sucks, because reek is definitely a playmaker. So there's no doubt this is a big blow to our team.

That said, there might be some positives that come out of this. Nagy's personnel decision-making at RB has had me scratching my head plenty of times. Montgomery is a back that is capable of carrying a load and has that ability to make plays in the pass game. Cohen's absence should force Nagy to lean on Montgomery more, which I see as a good thing. Kind of a "get Nagy out of his own way" deal.

Also, Miller taking some punt returns might be a good thing as well. Get him some touches that keeps him in the flow of the game and make a few less of those "shouldn't be" errors.

That said, not sure I'm that excited about Patterson getting many more touches as a pound it running back, but that was happening anyway. My guess is we see some more of Nall as well.

Just riffin' here...but really the main jist is that hopefully this means Montgomery breaks out for us. Run blocking has been reasonable and QB should get a lot more respect from D coordinators out there....soooo...it's ripe for the picking for him. *crosses fingers*

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen brings a dynamic we won’t have without him. I think you can use Mooney/Ginn a little more now.

Not having him returning punts might be a good thing...I hate Cohen on punt returns.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works for me, have Montgomery on my FF team.

*selfish posting FTW*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy as this sounds, I'm thinking Patterson is the perfect candidate to fill in at Cohen's spot. with Nall primarily taking over the plays designed for Patterson. For years before officially being named a full time RB, Cordarrelle was a WR, altho not a great one. If I recall, the only area where he really wasn't good tho was when going downfield. But he was fine when it came to handling short or even intermediate passes. This is Cohen's territory when we're talking air ball. Plays where Cohen would begin in the backfield but then shoot out wide before the snap - why not Patterson doing just that. The same with screens, which BTW I have no idea why the Bears don't utilize this play more often. Who knows, maybe they will now that Foles is lining up under center.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Patterson in the pass catching role out of the backfield. I think we can do well with him. It will be a different style than Cohen but I think that's okay.

Gotta feel for Tarik. By all accounts he's a super hard worker and super good kid. I hope he comes back strong next year.

Good for him on getting paid before this happened.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we bring back Tarquan Mizzell?
Not in the slightest. As much as it sucks to lose Cohen we could find someone to fill the role a little bit. Montgomery would be a much bigger loss at this point.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that the Bears bring up Artavis Pierce from the practice squad. He showed some Cohen-esque flashes during camp.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that the Bears bring up Artavis Pierce from the practice squad. He showed some Cohen-esque flashes during camp.
I mean, there's no truly "good" outside help available at this point. Might as well give Pierce a shot.

I like Cohen but I honestly don't think we're going to look up in a month and be like "Fuck! Why god!? Why did we have to lose Cohen!?"

Like, I'm sure he would have made some more plays downfield with Foles at QB. It's not a totally meaningless loss, but we can get past it rather smoothly. IMO. Montgomery is a good receiver. As is Patterson who used to be a primary WR, obviously.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there's no truly "good" outside help available at this point. Might as well give Pierce a shot.

I like Cohen but I honestly don't think we're going to look up in a month and be like "Fuck! Why god!? Why did we have to lose Cohen!?"

Like, I'm sure he would have made some more plays downfield with Foles at QB. It's not a totally meaningless loss, but we can get past it rather smoothly. IMO. Montgomery is a good receiver. As is Patterson who used to be a primary WR, obviously.
I've been pleasantly surprised by how Patterson has looked as more of a full-time RB/kick returner. As a WR, Patterson isn't a great route runner or catcher. As a running back he's more than adequate, it's just a matter of being able to run those routes from the backfield.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pleasantly surprised by how Patterson has looked as more of a full-time RB/kick returner. As a WR, Patterson isn't a great route runner or catcher. As a running back he's more than adequate, it's just a matter of being able to run those routes from the backfield.
Yeah, it's definitely a different set of routes and method of running routes all together. It is not the same as WR, in the least. But he's caught onto the position well and with more playing time/practice reps. I think we should see a continued positive trajectory.