• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cohen more meaningful carries than Howard

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy is realizing what I've always said: Howard is not that good and Cohen is a better playmaker/explosive back. We're seeing Cohen starting to get more and more carries to the detriment of Howard. Once again the genius proving his genius. Deal with it idiots.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha...…….love you too man.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy is realizing what I've always said: Howard is not that good and Cohen is a better playmaker/explosive back. We're seeing Cohen starting to get more and more carries to the detriment of Howard. Once again the genius proving his genius. Deal with it idiots.
Let’s see what they do in the second half before you start claiming victory.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game out of 20. You see a pattern? dumbass

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spielman said Howard was dealing with a wrist injury today.

Wins are all that matters, not some meaningless internet prediction that your dumbass has been predicting for 3 years now. Derp

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spielman said Howard was dealing with a wrist injury today.

Wins are all that matters, not some meaningless internet prediction that your dumbass has been predicting for 3 years now. Derp

Yeah because I'm sure if Howard led the league in TDs you wouldn't be saying anything (rolls eyes)

Figure it out already. Howard is severely overrated in this forum. Cohen should be the every day back.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because I'm sure if Howard led the league in TDs you wouldn't be saying anything (rolls eyes)

Figure it out already. Howard is severely overrated in this forum. Cohen should be the every day back.
Not sure of using Cohen as a primary running RB. But I loved the way he was utilized today. This was what I'm sure many of us were envisioning when Nagy was brought in to modernize the offense. I was a little concerned with his play the previous three games, altho I placed as much blame, if not more, on Nagy for not taking full advantage of what this kid has to offer. It was a joy to see him perform today. Shit, it was a joy to see the entire offense perform.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still Chicago and the weather will turn to $hit and Howard will earn his money. DC's will figure Nagy out like they did trestman and I really don't think Cohen would survive a full season if he had to be a short yardage, ball control back. fun to watch tho'.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if there's anything to this, it's that Nagy's system is far better suited for a back that's got some big speed, shiftyness, elusiveness and receiving ability. Even if Howard can physically catch the ball, he doesn't scare defenses when he's coming out of the backfield cause he's not a guy who can make people miss and take it the house.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Howard can physically catch the ball, he doesn't scare defenses when he's coming out of the backfield cause he's not a guy who can make people miss and take it the house.
But that can be a good thing. He gets open because teams are not afraid. Did you see TB double Cohen and we threw it elsewhere to open WRs.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that can be a good thing. He gets open because teams are not afraid. Did you see TB double Cohen and we threw it elsewhere to open WRs.
It's a good thing that you have a running back that defenses don't feel is worthy of respecting in the passing game because he isn't explosive? I suppose it's fine from a "moving the chains" standpoint but it doesn't help with explosiveness. Wouldn't a guy like Kareem Hunt look better in that role along with Cohen? For most situations, yes. Howard is a power running back and if we're not going to base the offense around him, then he's not ideal for this offense. It's no different than what was discussed before the season: does Howard fit when he's not a great passing game weapon? Not ideally, no.

Look around the league and guys like him are found occupying backup spots as short-yardage and goal-line backs. Guys like LeGarrette Blount, Chris Ivory, C.J. Anderson and the like. You've got some guys like Marshawn Lynch and Carlos Hyde occupying starting spots and they're fine. The Titans brought in Dion Lewis when they had Derrick Henry. Royce Freeman has largely lost out to a more versatile back in Philip Lindsay. Adrian Peterson doesn't play if the Redskins are down at all. Latavius Murray is a clear backup to Dalvin Cook (when he's healthy). Matt Breida has played over Alfred Morris in San Fran. Alex Collins can't take hold of the Ravens job.

Not saying Howard sucks cause he doesn't. He's the best of the lot i listed. But his inside running style and his lack of versatility and explosion at a replaceable position are going to render him somewhat unimportant here; it'll happen sooner or later. And as evidenced by our offensive bonanza partly fueled by leveraging the shift, elusive passing-game back: it very well could be sooner.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on how the offense looked yesterday, it does seem as if Howard doesn't fit the pattern as to what we would want out of our lead RB. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's a Bear and as was pointed out earlier, when the weather gets nasty we'll be glad to have someone of his running style. I just have this sneaking feeling it's his last season as a Bear.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard was never a explosive back, him and Cohen have different skill sets. You cant fit a square into a round hole. Nagy needs to adjust to the players he has on the team. There will always be a need for a power work hoarse of a back. Howard can catch too I don't need him to be explosive, I need him to wear down defenses and sustain drives. Nagy's trickery will get figured out by defenses like all hot systems do. It's the teams that can beat you in many ways that have staying power. I love Cohen but he is not a NFL RB. He would not last 3 games as a starter. Howard is nursing a wrist and that is the only reason Cohen got so much work last game. I have not checked but it seems like Howard has more receptions then Cohen this year. Howard may be gone after his rookie contract because we need to recoup some picks and you can only pay big money to so many players. But it will be a big mistake as he is a stud RB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I screwed up that post above but I'm very talented that way.