• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys start using the phrase 'somethings gotta give' more. I want to get more use of of this picture.

But I don't want to see that picture, so something's gotta give.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low quality p-shop but the idea was very good lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still sickened.

Went to bed late Saturday night after just finding out a co-worker from my previous job had died. I didn't find out until they asked if I could do some part time work for them and mentioned they needed help because they no longer had her. I figured she got a new job so I asked where and was told she died in March. Of course I read that email immediately before bed. So I was upset about that and upset that her husband, someone I worked with for 15 years, moved away to be closer to his family so I didn't get a chance to see him before he left. Even though I haven’t worked there for 3 years I am now so glad they could talk me into meeting them all for lunch before Christmas last year.

Then I get up and read about a shooting in Orlando. I assumed it was more about the singer who had been shot the day before but quickly found out it wasn't. I started following it just in time to see the death toll jump from 19 to 20, then 50. I still cannot believe that number.

Then I quickly hope that something will be done finally, but that shows just how stupid I am. If 20 elementary school kids get killed and we do nothing - what are the chances any real changes are made when 50 gay people get killed? And almost another 50 shot!

Then I see arguments on facebook where people are upset that they keep reporting the shooting as happening in a gay bar and gay people were shot – why can’t they just report it as a bar and citizens? One person even responded that was the first thing they thought of when they saw the news of the shooting. That’s the first thing you thought of? Fuck you then. They were targeted at least partially because they were gay- if that makes you uncomfortable then fuck you too.

Then the politicians to varying degrees offer their thoughts or prayers. Oh how nice. One congratulates himself publicly – a gesture which should stop any decent person from ever voting for him again – and yet his followers seem to love it.

Then days of idiots making ‘so should we ban cars and planes then too?’ idiotic arguments. Or ‘we cannot do anything, it’s the constitution arguments’ that make no more sense than the car/plan arguments.

50 people killed. It could be 5000. It wouldn’t matter. We as a nation suck, and we deserve what we get. We cannot make the country safer, we cannot improve our healthcare and make it more affordable, and we cannot make education more affordable for what some would say is all the same reason –its un-American. The real reason is that we are not a good enough country to make those changes.

I’m all over the place. Sorry. Just pissed off and upset. I’ll try to make some penis jokes this afternoon.

Oh and if anyone complains about this - just go ahead and ban me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the politicians to varying degrees offer their thoughts or prayers. Oh how nice.
igorvolsky (@igorvolsky) | Twitter

Go back to Sunday in his timeline and he replies to every tweet by a politician that receives NRA funding how much they receive and how their thoughts & prayers are bullshit. Did it after San Bernardino too.

The problem is twofold - the NRA is largely funded by gunmakers who are imposing their will on an unwilling populace (support of gun control, more specifically banning assault rifle sales, is usually pegged at anywhere from 65-75%) by having the NRA lobby politicians.

Compound this with the fact that while gun money doesn't guarantee you an election victory, Democratic turnout at midterm elections is brutal compared to GOP turnout. I don't think I have to explain that the GOP is far more pro-gun than the Dems, so this essentially guarantees that the pro-gun politicians always get a boost in numbers every 4 years even if they shit the bed during Presidential election cycles.

Sadly, voter apathy has as much a part to blame for the current cycle of nonstop mass shootings as anything.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's definitely the best thing I'm going to read all day.

/I can't wait for the penis joke.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the homophobia issue and how people are trying to make it a non-issue, they did the same shit in the Charleston shootings. I don't understand it.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still sickened.

Went to bed late Saturday night after just finding out a co-worker from my previous job had died. I didn't find out until they asked if I could do some part time work for them and mentioned they needed help because they no longer had her. I figured she got a new job so I asked where and was told she died in March. Of course I read that email immediately before bed. So I was upset about that and upset that her husband, someone I worked with for 15 years, moved away to be closer to his family so I didn't get a chance to see him before he left. Even though I haven’t worked there for 3 years I am now so glad they could talk me into meeting them all for lunch before Christmas last year.

Then I get up and read about a shooting in Orlando. I assumed it was more about the singer who had been shot the day before but quickly found out it wasn't. I started following it just in time to see the death toll jump from 19 to 20, then 50. I still cannot believe that number.

Then I quickly hope that something will be done finally, but that shows just how stupid I am. If 20 elementary school kids get killed and we do nothing - what are the chances any real changes are made when 50 gay people get killed? And almost another 50 shot!

Then I see arguments on facebook where people are upset that they keep reporting the shooting as happening in a gay bar and gay people were shot – why can’t they just report it as a bar and citizens? One person even responded that was the first thing they thought of when they saw the news of the shooting. That’s the first thing you thought of? Fuck you then. They were targeted at least partially because they were gay- if that makes you uncomfortable then fuck you too.

Then the politicians to varying degrees offer their thoughts or prayers. Oh how nice. One congratulates himself publicly – a gesture which should stop any decent person from ever voting for him again – and yet his followers seem to love it.

Then days of idiots making ‘so should we ban cars and planes then too?’ idiotic arguments. Or ‘we cannot do anything, it’s the constitution arguments’ that make no more sense than the car/plan arguments.

50 people killed. It could be 5000. It wouldn’t matter. We as a nation suck, and we deserve what we get. We cannot make the country safer, we cannot improve our healthcare and make it more affordable, and we cannot make education more affordable for what some would say is all the same reason –its un-American. The real reason is that we are not a good enough country to make those changes.

I’m all over the place. Sorry. Just pissed off and upset. I’ll try to make some penis jokes this afternoon.

Oh and if anyone complains about this - just go ahead and ban me.

Comeds: I appreciate your heartfelt post, even though I am not sure I would conclude that we "suck".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go back to Sunday in his timeline and he replies to every tweet by a politician that receives NRA funding how much they receive and how their thoughts & prayers are bullshit. Did it after San Bernardino too.

The problem is twofold - the NRA is largely funded by gunmakers who are imposing their will on an unwilling populace (support of gun control, more specifically banning assault rifle sales, is usually pegged at anywhere from 65-75%) by having the NRA lobby politicians.

Compound this with the fact that while gun money doesn't guarantee you an election victory, Democratic turnout at midterm elections is brutal compared to GOP turnout. I don't think I have to explain that the GOP is far more pro-gun than the Dems, so this essentially guarantees that the pro-gun politicians always get a boost in numbers every 4 years even if they shit the bed during Presidential election cycles.

Sadly, voter apathy has as much a part to blame for the current cycle of nonstop mass shootings as anything.

I saw a lot of that, the numbers for some of them are huge.

I've always voted since I could, but honestly I can't really argue with people not voting as I can understand people thinking their vote doesn't really matter. I do not agree with that, but I can certainly understand it. A lot of the problems we have now were some of the same one politicians campaigned on when I could first vote almost 30 years ago.

Comeds: I appreciate your heartfelt post, even though I am not sure I would conclude that we "suck".

I guess I could have thought of another way to put how we keep allowing horrible things to happen without any real efforts to curb them and how despite almost everyone thinking medical and education costs are too high they still seem to go up every year with few efforts to change things - but I had to pee.
BTW - I am not happy I feel that way, it bums me out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunman's Wife Tried to Talk Him Out of Attack

So she'll be in prison until she's 75, right?

I saw an interview with some former co-worker who said he knew this was a matter of time because the shooter would straight up say he was going to kill gay people. Saw this on TV. How is he not in custody either? THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT YOU CALL THE FUCKING POLICE OVER MORONS, NOT WHEN THE MC DICKS DRIVE THRU FORGETS YOUR BBQ SAUCE!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw an interview with some former co-worker who said he knew this was a matter of time because the shooter would straight up say he was going to kill gay people. Saw this on TV. How is he not in custody either? THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT YOU CALL THE FUCKING POLICE OVER MORONS, NOT WHEN THE MC DICKS DRIVE THRU FORGETS YOUR BBQ SAUCE!

Man, if this is true, that's just terrible.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His ex wife has said its possible the killer was gay

Status
Not open for further replies.