• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever want to know the kind of terror people must feel as the plane they are in is going down, I think I'd have a panic attack or go into shock.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I flew in a couple of turboprop planes this past weekend (Bombardier Q400s), thankfully no issues. I always get a little nervous when you see the smoke billowing out of the engines on startup.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, air travel is incredibly safe for the number of people they move.

But you could not pay me enough to board a plane anywhere in Asia at the moment.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, air travel is incredibly safe for the number of people they move.

But you could not pay me enough to board a plane anywhere in Asia at the moment.

That's not entirely fair. There are some absolutely phenomenal airlines in Asia that make some of the US carriers look like shit. And I don't mean just from a service/comfort perspective, but in the condition of their airplanes.

Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong), Singapore Airlines, and EVA Air (Taiwan) all made the list of top 10 safest airlines. Not a single North American carrier made the list.

/In fairness, Alaska and Jet Blue both made the low-cost carrier list.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not entirely fair. There are some absolutely phenomenal airlines in Asia that make some of the US carriers look like shit. And I don't mean just from a service/comfort perspective, but in the condition of their airplanes.

Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong), Singapore Airlines, and EVA Air (Taiwan) all made the list of top 10 safest airlines. Not a single North American carrier made the list.

/In fairness, Alaska and Jet Blue both made the low-cost carrier list.

I like Alaska Airlines, good service and one of the best air miles programs out there.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Alaska Airlines, good service and one of the best air miles programs out there.

Never flown with them personally.

Here in Charlotte we're locked into USAirways/American (post-merger) since they operate something like 94% of flights.

I travel enough to make brand/alliance loyalty worthwhile too.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruise ships on the other hand; I have no desire to be near those floating disease factories.

Royal Caribbean cruise cut short by illness - CNN.com

Its funny, I ride by that dock every morning. When I saw the ship docked the other day it was about 20 degrees out and I thought I would like to be getting on that ship and going somewhere. An hour or so later I heard the news report.

I did go on another Royal Caribbean ship out of Baltimore and had a fine time and returned home mostly disease free. We did run into some really bad weather and tons of people were seasick. Some of the staff who had been sailing for 10 years said it was the roughest they every felt it. My mother and my wife both couldn't sleep and were sick. Me, slept like a baby!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Waitangi Day! I love Waitangi day! It was on Waitangi Day that I first touched a (human) breast. I was a young fresh faced 32 year old shopping at Target not watching where I was going while reaching for some Gold Bond and BAM! I plowed right into a woman. Or as I like to think she saw an open hand and rushed to fill it with her breast. My mom agrees with this theory. The smile was stuck on my face even through the burn of the mace which the woman generously sprayed on me. What a day!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not going to be the best Waitangi day. On the way home I have to go to the airport and pick up my sister in law who will be staying with us for 9 days!

Send good thoughts please. And or cash.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not going to be the best Waitangi day. On the way home I have to go to the airport and pick up my sister in law who will be staying with us for 9 days!

oh man ... i skimmed from the top of this thread ... then your post ... saw Waitangi ... airport ... sister in law staying with us for 9 days ... and read the bold as cRash

and i was about to call you the most horrible person yet at the same time understand where you were coming from :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So she'll be with you over Valentines Day? Hmmm, aren't you pretty close to Virginia and don't they say Virginia is for lovers?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man ... i skimmed from the top of this thread ... then your post ... saw Waitangi ... airport ... sister in law staying with us for 9 days ... and read the bold as cRash

and i was about to call you the most horrible person yet at the same time understand where you were coming from :noidea:

I'm not that bad now. Who knows how I will feel in 4 or 5 days......

So she'll be with you over Valentines Day? Hmmm, aren't you pretty close to Virginia and don't they say Virginia is for lovers?

And Maryland Is For Crabs. Oh what an wonderful and itchy Valentines Day it will be.

fatandyz_43131323308722.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that hermaphrodite still works at Casa Mia, send you sister in law for subs and then phone ahead and say she's "curious" about him/her.

She will run screaming back to wherever she came from.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always read that one wrong too :L

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that hermaphrodite still works at Casa Mia, send you sister in law for subs and then phone ahead and say she's "curious" about him/her.

She will run screaming back to wherever she came from.

My sister in law is from Texas, I don't want to get the Casa Mia's "girl" shot! Then if that happened some customers would probably draw and fire. It would get ugly fast. Either way, "she" no longer works there.

I miss her. I have absolutely no problem with people like her but I am still immature enough that I had to fight back a smile when she waited on me.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Waitangi Day! I love Waitangi day! It was on Waitangi Day that I first touched a (human) breast. I was a young fresh faced 32 year old shopping at Target not watching where I was going while reaching for some Gold Bond and BAM! I plowed right into a woman. Or as I like to think she saw an open hand and rushed to fill it with her breast. My mom agrees with this theory. The smile was stuck on my face even through the burn of the mace which the woman generously sprayed on me. What a day!

I always tear up when you tell the story of how you met your wife.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: six minutes left in a good 1-1 game and they come in to watch "Shark Tank".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your momma is so fat her sleep number is 3.14! Pi like in pie! Hilarious huh? Just wait until I finish working on this Avogadro's number joke, its going to be tremendous.

Oh yeah? I got your Planck's Constant right here!

Status
Not open for further replies.