• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny, the only three letters Bobo knows is GED...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Georgia (the one in Europe just to avoid any confusion).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how the conclusory statement is a complete nonsequitur that has no point.

I also love the general sentiment that the country with one of the lowest tax burdens among OECD countries is somehow "bloated," especially when three quarters of that spending goes to income support (for old/poor people), health care (for old/poor people), and military spending. The three-letter agencies are a pretty small portion of spending by comparison, but politicians from both parties have failed to work towards meaningful reform of those big areas for decades (with the lone exception of Obamacare which needs improvements, but has since been ridiculed instead of reformed).

It's the equivalent of focusing heavily on what your household spends on sponges, streaming apps, and shoes specifically while ignoring child care, mortgage, and car payments.

What a dumb dumb.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how the conclusory statement is a complete nonsequitur that has no point.

I also love the general sentiment that the country with one of the lowest tax burdens among OECD countries is somehow "bloated," especially when three quarters of that spending goes to income support (for old/poor people), health care (for old/poor people), and military spending. The three-letter agencies are a pretty small portion of spending by comparison, but politicians from both parties have failed to work towards meaningful reform of those big areas for decades (with the lone exception of Obamacare which needs improvements, but has since been ridiculed instead of reformed).

It's the equivalent of focusing heavily on what your household spends on sponges, streaming apps, and shoes specifically while ignoring child care, mortgage, and car payments.

What a dumb dumb.
And also: Who the fuck cares what the founding fathers wanted? It's a different fucking world with different fucking problems (catfishing :() than a bunch of drunk slaveowners could ever have imagined.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is maybe my favourite answer from a politician ever.

“I’m not precluding in any way ruling out that it could come to a point that we’ve got to exercise that ability. That’s something we absolutely have the ability to do,” Singh said in the interview.
Singh demanded a public inquiry today and it looks like Trudeau isn't going to do that. I can't see how the NDP can keep supporting the government after that and I can't see how Polievre doesn't table a non-confidence motion to force Singh's hand.

Could be election time. Again.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW 338 still has the Liberals winning a minority gov't although NDP support this time wouldn't be enough to govern. Only way either party would be able to govern would be with BQ support.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Singh demanded a public inquiry today and it looks like Trudeau isn't going to do that. I can't see how the NDP can keep supporting the government after that and I can't see how Polievre doesn't table a non-confidence motion to force Singh's hand.

Could be election time. Again.

While I really don't want to head to the polls again, Junior going 4-for-4 in elections might cause Theo's head to explode lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I really don't want to head to the polls again, Junior going 4-for-4 in elections might cause Theo's head to explode lol
It's going to happen whether this spring or in a year or two.

He's shown zero inkling to resign or allow a new leader to take over and the opposition are all terrible so he's not going to get voted out. I thought for a minute Polievre might have enough leash to win a minority but he sounds exactly like Scheer and that didn't work the first time.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Jamie Sales too :)

I am in

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste. She was so cute.

Homewrecker - She broke up her skating partner's marriage and then she divorced him to hook up with former NHLer Craig Simpson. They are now divorced. Bad news is what I'm saying.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Second verse, same as the first!

I live in Clark County, Ohio. This happened on the East side of Springfield, next to the industrial park. I don't know why it became national news, other than reporters trying to scoop East Palestine, part 2.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i00anrff87ma1.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00