• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen people snooze and keep their job with a talking to.

But those people were competent and it wasn't the most important meeting of the year.
It actually happens in my job fairly often, but that's usually (although not in the last year obviously) when we're traveling to far flung corners of the world and people are jet-lagged as fuck.

Even better is when you drink so much coffee to stay awake in the meeting that you miss half the meeting anyhow because you need to poop so much.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean to type pee? What kind of coffee are you drinking lol?
That too I suppose.

But no, coffee has a stimulating effect on the digestive system. Even moreso when you've had six cups on an otherwise mostly empty stomach that wonders why you're drinking coffee at what your body thinks is 1AM.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Pearl Harbor nor 9/11 was an attack committed by Americans, so yes.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
It actually happens in my job fairly often, but that's usually (although not in the last year obviously) when we're traveling to far flung corners of the world and people are jet-lagged as fuck.

Even better is when you drink so much coffee to stay awake in the meeting that you miss half the meeting anyhow because you need to poop so much.
I'll be darned.... actual coffee talk.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't help but wonder if it was possible to fix everything without raising taxes at all. Just enforce the laws that are already there. Make people and corporations pay what they are supposed to.

I've heard that argument before, but where? Oh that's right. "We don't need new gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have". Of course the battle to that is when a giant slush fund "activist group" goes and fights every existing gun law every chance they get.

One of the biggest things Joe has proposed IMO is beefing up IRS funding so they can go after wealthy tax cheats. The IRS typically pursues action against lower income people because it's cheaper to fight people who can't afford big time lawyers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't help but wonder if it was possible to fix everything without raising taxes at all. Just enforce the laws that are already there. Make people and corporations pay what they are supposed to.

I've heard that argument before, but where? Oh that's right. "We don't need new gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have". Of course the battle to that is when a giant slush fund "activist group" goes and fights every existing gun law every chance they get.

One of the biggest things Joe has proposed IMO is beefing up IRS funding so they can go after wealthy tax cheats. The IRS typically pursues action against lower income people because it's cheaper to fight people who can't afford big time lawyers.

You'd better pack your bags and move to Copenhagen with that kind of talk :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd better pack your bags and move to Copenhagen with that kind of talk :D
aCa6X8N.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, who would want to live in Copenhagen?!?

5e4d2c646ad9f308b12cc512

5e4d2a90bbdfeb3ebf0ac612

5e4d39aa6ad9f30c33494594
[/img]

And Malmo, Sweden is just a short trip away as well.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too I suppose.

But no, coffee has a stimulating effect on the digestive system. Even moreso when you've had six cups on an otherwise mostly empty stomach that wonders why you're drinking coffee at what your body thinks is 1AM.
I have an uncle who every year at holidays when asked if he wants a cup of coffee always states "I have one cup in the morning to make me crap, thats all. "

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Malmo, Sweden is just a short trip away as well.
Most wouldn't consider that a perk actually.

It's like oh cool, you get to go to Sweden. It's not the fun part. Or the super pretty part. But hey, it's there I guess.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most wouldn't consider that a perk actually.

It's like oh cool, you get to go to Sweden. It's not the fun part. Or the super pretty part. But hey, it's there I guess.

If memory serves, puck went there with his dad for the World Juniors.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legitimately I don't think that would do it. Much of what is being done is legal under current law. The law itself is the problem really because it has either been intentionally written to benefit those with the resources to exploit it or it has just failed to keep up with inflation and new ways people make money.

Tax rates right now are still historically low compared to almost the entire period since the great depression, except for the very end of the Reagan/beginning of Bush I years, and the failed Reaganomics experiment.

The problem is that we've fallen so far behind on infrastructure and social programs that not only do we need to get to a rate that could sustain things, we also need an initial much higher rate to get things under control.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, puck went there with his dad for the World Juniors.
Yeah, but when your biggest claim to fame is being close to Copenhagen...

Maybe take the train across the Öresund (or Øresund for our Danish friends) and back because that's cool at least.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legitimately I don't think that would do it. Much of what is being done is legal under current law. The law itself is the problem really because it has either been intentionally written to benefit those with the resources to exploit it or it has just failed to keep up with inflation and new ways people make money.

Tax rates right now are still historically low compared to almost the entire period since the great depression, except for the very end of the Reagan/beginning of Bush I years, and the failed Reaganomics experiment.

The problem is that we've fallen so far behind on infrastructure and social programs that not only do we need to get to a rate that could sustain things, we also need an initial much higher rate to get things under control.
I guess that's a good point. Let's revert the rules back to the end of the Clinton Administration and THEN enforce them with an iron fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.