• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Teddy boy had to go back home to Texas and left his college roommate in Cancun with his wife.

I am sure that's fine.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah just imagine if either country took it serious then.
Pretty much every country has its “we’ve got this shit on lock” moment that looks terrible in hindsight. Everyone took this lightly to some degree.

Trump’s moment just sounds much dumber because it’s him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every country has its “we’ve got this shit on lock” moment that looks terrible in hindsight. Everyone took this lightly to some degree.

And I would argue being the "most powerful country in the world" if he took it serious others would have followed suit.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0_eee.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

So Teddy boy had to go back home to Texas and left his college roommate in Cancun with his wife.

I am sure that's fine.
so to be clear:

the trip was a long time plan, that came up at the last minute
it was the kid's fault
packed a suitcase for a day-trip
totally meant to come back the next day, even though return ticket was changed at 6:30 that morning
brought the college roommate down for a day trip (or planned for roommate to spend a week with his wife?)
It's ok, because his wife is ugly anyway.
handed out water when he got back (wait, why didn't he quarantine?)
water that AOC raised $ to pay for.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so to be clear:

it was the kid's fault
totally meant to come back the next day, even though return ticket was changed at 6:30 that morning
brought the college roommate down for a day trip (or planned for roommate to spend a week with his wife?)
I am being told that US students in Mexico were in danger so the US was forced into thinking about invading Mexico. Heroically trying to avoid a conflict Ted Cruz went down there to intervene. I am also hearing that Snowflake would have accompanied him but there was an incident in Mexico during 2019 with Snowflake and a chihuahua, who shall be referred to a Juan Doe for his safety, so Ted was sadly unable to bring his dog. Rest assured Snowflake had the best dog-sitter Blackwater had to offer.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so to be clear:

it was the kid's fault
He also abandoned his dog

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah just imagine if either country took it serious then.

Well there is a difference. One of the two people in question basically admitted that they assessed the threat poorly and acted accordingly. The other person is an orange, degenerate, criminal fuckwit.

To compare the two is disingenuous or plain stupid.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a difference. One of the two people in question basically admitted that they assessed the threat poorly and acted accordingly. The other person is an orange, degenerate, criminal fuckwit.

To compare the two is disingenuous or plain stupid.
Not really, you are adding in foreshadowing on what they learned. My comment was solely based on that point in time. If any country took it more seriously we wouldn't have gotten to the state of admitting they are wrong.

Trump on the other hand we knew there was no hope: Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, you are adding in foreshadowing on what they learned. My comment was solely based on that point in time. If any country took it more seriously we wouldn't have gotten to the state of admitting they are wrong.

Trump on the other hand we knew there was no hope: Coffee Talk V: The Final Battle

It WAS a new virus. We can go back farther and farther but if we're comparing those two, at that point, we would have to include most of the world as well.

I was certainly confused that Canada wasn't closing their border sooner. That was an obvious one to me. Basically the whole world went down that path and we're paying for it. But Tam and Trump are not uniquely connected by early bad decisions WRT the pandemic file, so why compare just them?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so to be clear:

it was the kid's fault

I'm surprised that "Partisan Democrats dividing the country" has not come into play yet, but the month isn't over yet.

Meanwhile, win and nice dig by Patagonia, one of the best clothing companies out there...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It WAS a new virus. We can go back farther and farther but if we're comparing those two, at that point, we would have to include most of the world as well.

I was certainly confused that Canada wasn't closing their border sooner. That was an obvious one to me. Basically the whole world went down that path and we're paying for it. But Tam and Trump are not uniquely connected by early bad decisions WRT the pandemic file, so why compare just them?
I didn't just compare them was a response to a comment and I agree there are many more to blame for all of this. But in context it was just discussing those two countries.

As for the new virus not sure if this is really a good excuse. How countries handle pandemics in general is awful and is proven over and over leadership doesn't learn from experiences.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't just compare them was a response to a comment and I agree there are many more to blame for all of this. But in context it was just discussing those two countries.

As for the new virus not sure if this is really a good excuse. How countries handle pandemics in general is awful and is proven over and over leadership doesn't learn from experiences.

I wasn't really being critical of your take.

More that some of the less smart people in Canada (OK basically conservative meatheads) will look at anything and say "yeah but the liburrals did this!".

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really being critical of your take.

More that some of the less smart people in Canada (OK basically conservative meatheads) will look at anything and say "yeah but the liburrals did this!".
Oh I didn't think you were honestly. :suds:

Thought the same as you on this.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I might not be flying anywhere until 2021 with this coronavirus!

Boy... looking more and more like it won't be until 2022 this thing is over and I'll be flying again.

See you in 2028, airlines!!

Status
Not open for further replies.