• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CM PUNK tells his story

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CM punk just did an interview with Colt Cabana and tells his side of the story.

Skip to 8:55

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't listened to the 2 hour podcast yet but I've read most of the transcripts.

Basically, CM Punk just did this to WWE:

tumblr_mjfyeaBg5S1s7fctio1_500.gif

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to whole thing.

Great find wt. Very intriguing hearing Phil's story.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah incredibly interesting. I was in support of his decision at first. Then after a while with him saying nothing it made me somewhat bitter since i supported him for so many years. Now to hear his side it makes sense. He didnt do anything i wouldnt have done.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how Ryback responded to Punk's claims about him.
B3ea2dHCcAA3yD_.jpg

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ryback plans to eventually tell his side of the story

Ryback Says He Will Tell The Truth About CM Punk - WrestlingInc.com

I'm glad Punk cleared the air on why he left but burying a mid card guy still trying to work his way up the ladder seemed unnecessary.

Also I'm disappointed he never plans on working for another company. If Punk and Heyman showed up on New Japan, TNA or ROH the WWE can finally have some legitimate competition

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its easy to talk one sided from a podcast. So far I got to about 58 minutes where he took credit for the shield. Seems every suggestion he had was a home run that Vince or Hunter took credit for. I can see their side of it trying to deal with a guy that thinks he has all the answers and can set the course of that mighty ship. Rock wanted to work with a heel so they gave him Cena at wrestlemania?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Punk you forgot your nuts, STUPID!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad Punk cleared the air on why he left but burying a mid card guy still trying to work his way up the ladder seemed unnecessary.

Also I'm disappointed he never plans on working for another company. If Punk and Heyman showed up on New Japan, TNA or ROH the WWE can finally have some legitimate competition

I see your point, but I don't see New Japan or Ring of Honor ever competing with WWE by gaining 1 big name superstar and manager. The problem NJ and ROH will have is they wouldn't have any other superstar that will rise to Punk's level unless they reach the top level in WWE and then go back.

WWE to Ring of Honor is basically the same as NFL to Arena Football. Arena is not affiliated with the NFL, but is basically NFL's minor league. Aaron Rodgers and Pete Carroll can go to arena football and still won't come close to challenge the NFL in anything.

Now TNA does have enough established wrestlers (Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Dudleys, Hardys, Mr Anderson, MVP) that could equal Punk. Jim Ross always talks about how TNA could challenge WWE on his podcast. I don't think TNA needs Punk/Heyman, they just need to go different directions in things.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see your point, but I don't see New Japan or Ring of Honor ever competing with WWE by gaining 1 big name superstar and manager. The problem NJ and ROH will have is they wouldn't have any other superstar that will rise to Punk's level unless they reach the top level in WWE and then go back.

WWE to Ring of Honor is basically the same as NFL to Arena Football. Arena is not affiliated with the NFL, but is basically NFL's minor league. Aaron Rodgers and Pete Carroll can go to arena football and still won't come close to challenge the NFL in anything.

Now TNA does have enough established wrestlers (Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Dudleys, Hardys, Mr Anderson, MVP) that could equal Punk. Jim Ross always talks about how TNA could challenge WWE on his podcast. I don't think TNA needs Punk/Heyman, they just need to go different directions in things.

Just to be clear, when I bring up Heyman I don't mean as a manager, but as someone whose creative vision played a huge part in the biggest boom period in wrestling history ie ecw/attitude era.

I think that combination of Heyman running creative and CM Punk as the top wrestler could give one of the secondary companies a huge shot in the arm. Do I think anyone can beat WWE in the foreseeable future? No, but there's needs to be a legitimate alternative for the fans, the wrestlers etc.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever he says, I'm believing Punk 100%. What he said goes hand in hand with all the dirt sheet rumors about Ryback from the last 2 years; that he's incredibly green and works way too stiff because he doesn't quite know what he's doing.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh turkey there are many reports of him hurting guys I think he was just honest he didn't really talk shit just said what happened. Besides he broke his rib, fuck him. That's what I say. People forget how ducking hot cm was for so long, to hear him wreck his body and not even as so much to get anytime echoes the story of Kurt and many others. Fuck cena

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whatever he says, I'm believing Punk 100%. What he said goes hand in hand with all the dirt sheet rumors about Ryback from the last 2 years; that he's incredibly green and works way too stiff because he doesn't quite know what he's doing.

I would have no issue with him complaining about that. Bret Hart had a life altering concussion that probably led to his eventual stroke. He's blamed it on a kick he took working with Goldberg while he was green. Hart also never made it personal. Injuries are part of the deal and he most likely paid a worse price than Punk ever will. Punk BURRIED Ryback calling him a roidhead, an idiot, even saying he might have done it on purpose, etc. That part of the interview seemed way over the line.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no issue with him complaining about that. Bret Hart had a life altering concussion that probably led to his eventual stroke. He's blamed it on a kick he took working with Goldberg while he was green. Hart also never made it personal. Injuries are part of the deal and he most likely paid a worse price than Punk ever will. Punk BURRIED Ryback calling him a roidhead, an idiot, even saying he might have done it on purpose, etc. That part of the interview seemed way over the line.

Yeah, while I do believe a lot of what Punk was saying was true, he still came off like an insecure egomaniac to me. Punk was a green rookie himself once upon a time, as were all the top stars. Burying Ryback was bad for business, instead of going that route, maybe he could spend more time working with the guy to make him better

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh turkey there are many reports of him hurting guys I think he was just honest he didn't really talk shit just said what happened. Besides he broke his rib, fuck him. That's what I say. People forget how ducking hot cm was for so long, to hear him wreck his body and not even as so much to get anytime echoes the story of Kurt and many others. Fuck cena

From what I have seen, there are two guys working in the ring. The guy kicking and the guy getting kicked. Just like the slammed wrestler helps the slammer get him up, just like Cena jumps high for choke slams, its Punks job to back away at the point of contact to make it look like a hard kick. If you just stand there, yes, you are going to be kicked hard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This CM Punk thing needs to hurry up and end quickly and let us focus on guys who are on the WWE roster and working their asses off.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Punk made some good arguments/points and some poor arguments/points

Good

* If it is true about the doctor, the WWE should fix that. CM Punk having shingles, if true, is not a good thing.

* I thought he made a good point about facing the stars that are not on the roster - The Rock, Taker, Lesnar - in major PPVs.

* He attacked McMahon and HHH a lot. I think it is fair to go after those who are upper management of the business. Part of being the boss is to be responsible for the goods and bads of the business.

* I thought he was pretty informative on how the business is now. If you watch many of the documentaries on WWE Network, you will see that it is an improvement.

Bad

* Going after Ryback. I'm no pro wrestler or pro wrestling expert, but I know that there is a term "kayfabe" and what it means.

* He complained he didn't get as much as HHH, Taker, and those other superstars in the PPV? I would say HHH and Taker earned their money by having moments after moments for well over a decade before that PPV Punk was talking about. Also, the veterans at the time HHH and Taker came in just hoped the check they got, if they got it, wouldn't bounce.

* I got tired of him trashing his critics on social media. They had no impact on anything you talked about on that podcast. It was fair talking about blocking WWE and all, but going after just normal fans that have auto correct on their phones was stupid.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, that was a good interview. I like CM Punk a lot more after that. He even made me not like 2K sports anymore. Good luck to him in the future.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone has been to a doctor for a follow up visit before being released back to work, its basically a waste of time. Major back surgery usually requires xrays before being released. No mention whether or not Phil had any xrays or scans sent to the surgeon that would suffice to release. Dr Andrews is a busy man, Phil thinks he deserved to be at the top of every list.

He complained about pay per views, he complained about Batista getting a main event too. His whole tone thru the whole thing was he was the guy with the belt, every aspect of the business should have gone thru him. Thats when the inmates are running the asylum. He did what he was good at and basically abandoned the only place he can ever make that kind of money again. If he wanted to be a movie star, he should not have argued to go on the european tour because he was the champ, he could have stayed, rested, done Marine 2 and nobody would have minded. He is a me first guy, firmly believes he is the best in the world, and was one of the least believable champs in wwe history.

I'm surprised he didnt expect to sit on the board of directors since he was the champ.

I think the most interesting part was all money. His worrying about the network and what happens to the pay at the pay per views when nobody is paying for them anymore? He figured the wrestlers pay is gonna go down when 200,000 or 2 million households are no longer paying 50 bucks to see one event.

I was reading an article that said Lesnar is being paid 5 million dollars in his contract and he plans on leaving the WWE in April at Wrestlemania and returning to the UFC when his contract expires.

Undertakers pay was 874,000 a year for basically doing wrestlemania.

I think the best way for the WWE to combat this Phil Punk is to let out how much money he made and people would stop feeling sorry for him.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saying that, I think CM PUnk made a pretty big impact on RAW yesterday, Rybacks kicks were very short and never got close to anyones midsections when he was kicking in the corner yesterday. Big Shows right hands were also very short and clearly phantom. It was a terrible main event.