• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney at it again.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I don't think I've ever driven 90. I'm not sure if that's sad or not.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the highest i went was 80 so i could pass somebody :L.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have gone 95 in my own car and I have been in a car that was going 130mph. The 130 was on a test drive while trying to sell a car to a blind man.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised and impressed. Sorry to say I can't join your ranks. Have been guilty of excessive speed on several occasions. Not so much anymore, however when I owned fast bikes and fast cars, it's hard not to see what they will do.
I am surprised like you. I thought that was a normal rite of passage for guys to see how fast their car will go, always faster than the car should.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This turning into " Bush did it so it's okay for Obama to do it." Any of you guys been up to be drafted top 5 in the NFL, when you went above 100 mph?

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agent to NFL " He's a troubled soul that just needs some guidance, he is not a trouble maker or problem in the making"

NFL GM's " Yeah right, We know a risky pick when we see one"

This kid has NFL virus, big time ego and possible bust written all over him. His 15 minutes of fame is eating him up and he cant handle the pressure of being in the spotlight. He's not even the best defensive player on his team, much less the NCAA, which is what he was supposed to be.

I've been saying that he bought into his own hype. Last year was a good year but that hasn't translated very well to this year. Everybody had him at a lock at #1 this year and he bought into it, hook, line and sinker.

View attachment 8011

I'll admit I've only seen him play once or twice this year, but he was completely invisible in that time. About the only thing I've ever seen him is do is that play against Mich.

That being said, I won't cast stones at him for the speed....did it way too many times myself in my youth. Of course I didn't have as much to lose as he does, but still...

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has not driven a car 100+, please raise your hand.

BINGO!!! I don't care about speeding (unless it's residential). I would shy away from Clowney in the first and maybe the second round, but not due to speeding.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agent to NFL " He's a troubled soul that just needs some guidance, he is not a trouble maker or problem in the making"

NFL GM's " Yeah right, We know a risky pick when we see one"

This kid has NFL virus, big time ego and possible bust written all over him. His 15 minutes of fame is eating him up and he cant handle the pressure of being in the spotlight. He's not even the best defensive player on his team, much less the NCAA, which is what he was supposed to be.
Nick Fairly cleaned his act up and it looked like he was headed for disaster, and embarrassed our fan base in the process, so there is some hope for Clowney.

I still take him but it wouldn't be my first pick.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Fairly cleaned his act up and it looked like he was headed for disaster, and embarrassed our fan base in the process, so there is some hope for Clowney.

I still take him but it wouldn't be my first pick.

He was arrested last year, just because he has made a calendar year without being arrested, I wouldn't say he has cleaned his act up.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was arrested last year, just because he has made a calendar year without being arrested, I wouldn't say he has cleaned his act up.
That's unfortunate I thought he had cleaned up his act. Hopefully he will come to his senses but somehow I think this is going to be one of those guys that gets out of the league broke and starts causing problems for everyone.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I also wont get on a motorcycle on public roads. I value life too much. No disrespect to those who love their bikes. To each their own.

A quad in the mtns here in Oregon, I do that from time to time. But never push the limits.

Just never have been a speed freak. Have friends that were and drove at high speeds while I was in the car. Before they could get going too fast I demanded they let me out of the car immediately. They did every time. Made for some long walks. Homey dont play that game.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your handle may not be the most appropriate one in the world. Not trying to be a dick, just thought I'd try to help.

No pun intended. :suds:
How original.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's trying to get suspended so he won't have to play and risk injury.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that he bought into his own hype. Last year was a good year but that hasn't translated very well to this year. Everybody had him at a lock at #1 this year and he bought into it, hook, line and sinker.

View attachment 8011

Think about it, he's being pimped out for making one play, where he wasn't blocked by anyone and had a free shot at Michigan's RB. It's not like he broke through a double team and made that play. Any one of us out of shape posters could lay the wood on that RB if we weren't blocked and had a free shot. Clowney is going to get owned in a severe way at the next level.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier's comments are classic.

Clowney's license will be suspended. It will take about 30 days for the paperwork to get through the system. Unless, someone steps in.

If his license is suspended, he won't stop driving, that is for sure. he will be arrested again for driving on a suspended license.

South Carolina law

12 to 15 points: suspended for three months

After you've earned six points on your record, the DMV will send you a letter advising you to drive more carefully and warning you of the consequences should your license be suspended.

After 12 points, you will receive notice that your license is suspended and ordered to surrender it immediately to the DMV. If you do not respond within the given time frame, you will face hefty fines and possible jail time.

Criminal Charges for Driving on a Suspended or Revoked License

You may be charged with a misdemeanor if you drive while your license is suspended or revoked. (S.C. Code § 56-1-500.)

For a first offense, the maximum sentence may involve:
a $300 fine, and 30 days in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(a).)

For a second offense, the maximum sentence may involve:
a $600 fine, and 60 consecutive days in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(b).)

For a third or subsequent offense, the maximum sentence may involve:
a $1,000 fine, and between 90 days and six months in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(c).)

Let's guess how many times he is arrested before the NFL Draft.

he will race to make the plane for the NFL combine. He won't be attending school anymore, so he will have plenty of time to drive around on his new agent's front money.

I will guess four.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try going 140+ in an old skool Z28 Camaro on a country road with someone with borderline Down's Syndrome driving while both of you are at the tail end of taking a blunt to the head.

I have no idea how I made it through my teenage years. :dance:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier's comments are classic.

Clowney's license will be suspended. It will take about 30 days for the paperwork to get through the system. Unless, someone steps in.

If his license is suspended, he won't stop driving, that is for sure. he will be arrested again for driving on a suspended license.

South Carolina law

12 to 15 points: suspended for three months

After you've earned six points on your record, the DMV will send you a letter advising you to drive more carefully and warning you of the consequences should your license be suspended.

After 12 points, you will receive notice that your license is suspended and ordered to surrender it immediately to the DMV. If you do not respond within the given time frame, you will face hefty fines and possible jail time.

Criminal Charges for Driving on a Suspended or Revoked License

You may be charged with a misdemeanor if you drive while your license is suspended or revoked. (S.C. Code § 56-1-500.)

For a first offense, the maximum sentence may involve:
a $300 fine, and 30 days in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(a).)

For a second offense, the maximum sentence may involve:
a $600 fine, and 60 consecutive days in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(b).)

For a third or subsequent offense, the maximum sentence may involve:
a $1,000 fine, and between 90 days and six months in jail. (S.C. Code § 56-1-460(A)(1)(c).)

Let's guess how many times he is arrested before the NFL Draft.

he will race to make the plane for the NFL combine. He won't be attending school anymore, so he will have plenty of time to drive around on his new agent's front money.

I will guess four.

He will hire an attorney. The attorney will have him do defensive driving, along with community service, along with a fine. The speeding will then be reduced to "under 10 mph over" which will not go on his DL points.

He will not even lose his license. 0 arrests.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100? Shit I've done 140.

Multiple times.

But when I was a teen, I didn't get speeding tickets. I got told on.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I hit 100 at least monthly. It kinda goes along with the territory with my career choice though. I'm kinda surprised at how many people here say they haven't. Good for you guys for being responsible when you were younger. Testosterone and horsepower usually is impossible to overcome.

P.S. Mamba drives a Prius.