• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clock Management

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score tied 9 to 9 ......1:26 to go in the game....COWBOYS 1st down on Washington 15 yard line
........Wash had 2 timeouts

You're the coach, you make the call

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did right. I can't fault DMC for going out of bounds on the first one. He bounced it outside and got 9 yards. At that point you now had to get the first down because they had two timeouts. He ran it up the middle and scored. As well as our defense had played I loved it. The problem was the kickoff. Cold weather= kickoff returns. The face mask hurt as well. Singling Claiborne with Jackson was stupid IMO. Mo , I thought played well.

If we take 3 knees and kick- we kickoff with 36-40 seconds left. All they need is a fg. I understand the second guessing though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to kill him for it, but DMC should have fallen down or made sure to stay in bounds when it was clear he would have gained no more yards and was about to go out. I couldn't have been the only one yelling "stay in" for a good 3 yards when it became obvious what was going to happen.

On the bigger picture they would have been wrong to kneel 3 times IMO. You'd give the ball back up 3 with like 30 seconds left? I want the TD there unless I can get it to around 10 seconds. How long did it take Wash to get into FG range (not much)? Now if DMac stays in and we don't score but get the first on the TD run, yeah...I kneel 3 times no doubt

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to kill him for it, but DMC should have fallen down or made sure to stay in bounds when it was clear he would have gained no more yards and was about to go out. I couldn't have been the only one yelling "stay in" for a good 3 yards when it became obvious what was going to happen.

On the bigger picture they would have been wrong to kneel 3 times IMO. You'd give the ball back up 3 with like 30 seconds left? I want the TD there unless I can get it to around 10 seconds. How long did it take Wash to get into FG range (not much)? Now if DMac stays in and we don't score but get the first on the TD run, yeah...I kneel 3 times no doubt

I was pissed when he hit the sideline, cheered for about 2 seconds on his TD than said WTF, you should have secured the 1st, forced the Eagles to waste TO's and kicked the FG if no TD is scored. Lucky's return was huge in that win.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pissed when he hit the sideline, cheered for about 2 seconds on his TD than said WTF, you should have secured the 1st, forced the Eagles to waste TO's and kicked the FG if no TD is scored. Lucky's return was huge in that win.

Yes it was. We can't go back and change it but I would have loved to seen what would have happened if the Skins didn't get their big return and the facemask. Even with that, I still thought the only way they would score was if we did something stupid. Of course we left Mo by himself we DJax.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for kicking the FG for selfish reasons, cause it would have meant a shot at big $ for me. After bitching about it and reflecting later, you score if you can. We have all seen bobbled snaps/holds on FG and theres not a guarantee even on 20 yarders these days. All that said wish Dmac had stayed in bounds on the first run or they found a way to run a little more clock, before the TD. Can't have it both ways, I guess.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was. We can't go back and change it but I would have loved to seen what would have happened if the Skins didn't get their big return and the facemask. Even with that, I still thought the only way they would score was if we did something stupid. Of course we left Mo by himself we DJax.
You do know hasn't been a bad CB this year. Get over the fact he was a high pick and injured yearly and grade the guy on 2015.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Mo has played well. I thought he played well last night too.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame Garrett for McFadden's stupidity.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame Garrett for McFadden's stupidity.

Going out of bounds or scoring? I'm not sure he could have stopped himself from scoring- he had to get the first down. Maybe so though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the scoring part. The goal there was a first down. You need to play football and if you play passive bad things happen. yes, I immediately realized if he went down at the 1 it was probably better, but I had no problem at all with that. It put us up 7 and in a no lose situation. If you kick the FG with 5 seconds left and they return the KO 105 yards you lose. Goes both ways.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had a game winning kick blocked there before that Sean Taylor scooped and we grabbed his face mask and set them up for the win

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also remember a field goal from about the same spot, actually closer, - damn long snapper made a terrible snap. Our poor holder at the time did all he could to get a hand on it to knock it down. He picked it up and got tackled at the one. Hell of an effort. That was a long time ago though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sports anything could happen. A lot more often guys have fumbled running the ball at the goal line...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the scoring part. The goal there was a first down. You need to play football and if you play passive bad things happen. yes, I immediately realized if he went down at the 1 it was probably better, but I had no problem at all with that. It put us up 7 and in a no lose situation. If you kick the FG with 5 seconds left and they return the KO 105 yards you lose. Goes both ways.
There was nothing at all wrong with scoring. When we get to the point where a scrub team like Washington can't go right down and score in 1 minute at the end of the game, the Cowboys will have a good team

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This type of thing has happened way too much in the Garrett era. The COWBOYS got away with poor clock and game management vs the Wash......They haven't and won't get away with it vs better teams. How many years is Garrett signed for?

Four fumbles... Three lost
Third down conversions.........One out of NINE
and pathetic game management

The COWBOYS were playing a team that has been given a great gift of having no Romo for most of the year.........and they wouldn't receive it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agendas remain the worst of all
same song, third verse
maybe you get your wish. Jerry wasn't happy with the offensive coaching staff after the Washington game. Big News on the DFW airwaves this week.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't run out-of-bounds and you go down as soon as you've gotten the 1st down. You don't score a TD. That was what was best for the team. The Giants are 5-7 rather than 7-5 because their players made bad choices in games that shouldn't have been lost. McFadden made back-to-back bad choices. He shouldn't have been on the field after the 1st bad choice. That's on Garrett.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't run out-of-bounds and you go down as soon as you've gotten the 1st down. You don't score a TD. That was what was best for the team. The Giants are 5-7 rather than 7-5 because their players made bad choices in games that shouldn't have been lost. McFadden made back-to-back bad choices. He shouldn't have been on the field after the 1st bad choice. That's on Garrett.
On fairness to McFadden he didn't have a 1st on the out of bounds run, had he dropped in bounds it would have been 2nd and 4 vs 2nd and 3, but it would have forced Wash to use their 2nd TO. And on the TD he hit the whole hard and either Wash let him score or they blew the play because he wasn't really touched. It all worked out but getting a 1st and being able to run clock would have been great. I'd bet money they let him score and if he had went down in bounds a play earlier Wash would have played better to stop the 2nd down run.