• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clay Court Tennis

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a tricky surface. I never really cared for it. Games are too slow and tedious. Takes a lot of patience to win on this stuff. You have to have a lot of stamina to endure this surface. Always thought of clay for pottery making and growing things.
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way man! Clay is the shit to play on. You gotta be able to slide into that big forehand passing shot Rafa-style.
If there's no grass court available, clay is the only option.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay tennis is amazing to me. I think most die hards enjoy it as much as any other surface, or more because it tests every part of one's game.

Grass and hard courts have been slowed down so much over the past decade or so that clay has become a good baseline for measuring success on all of the surfaces. Tennis more than ever before is a game of movement primarily.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay tennis is amazing to me. I think most die hards enjoy it as much as any other surface, or more because it tests every part of one's game.

Grass and hard courts have been slowed down so much over the past decade or so that clay has become a good baseline for measuring success on all of the surfaces. Tennis more than ever before is a game of movement primarily.

I agree.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe my opinion of clay court tennis could be because of my age (72). I still play tennis with my grandchildren now at times, but it looks so tedious to me with the balls getting heavy with clay, etc. It appears to be a game for the young. I've never had a desire to play the clay. I have played grass in my front yard and public hard court tennis. I used to beat my nephews (men) and sons once in awhile on hard courts. Had a good first serve and could out play them with great tactics. At my age I can't hang very long now on the tennis court, however I still love tennis. Have fun guys and thanks for your opinions.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Try clay...I play doubles with 70+ year old guys all the time and it's much more forgiving than hard courts. It's softer and turning your ankle is harder to do on the clay.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Try clay...I play doubles with 70+ year old guys all the time and it's much more forgiving than hard courts. It's softer and turning your ankle is harder to do on the clay.
Might give it a try sometime, but I am a woman and probably won't be playing the guys anymore. I was younger when I was beating them. They hated it too. I remember the first time I beat my son playing and it hurt him so bad. The next time I won he met me at the net and hugged my neck. I really used to have fun playing. Even used to play 3 out of 5 sets with them. :clap:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might give it a try sometime, but I am a woman and probably won't be playing the guys anymore. I was younger when I was beating them. They hated it too. I remember the first time I beat my son playing and it hurt him so bad. The next time I won he met me at the net and hugged my neck. I really used to have fun playing. Even used to play 3 out of 5 sets with them. :clap:

Nice. :)

When your son hugged your neck (after you beat him the second time), what was his emotion? Proud of you, respectful, or disappointed in himself?

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. :)

When your son hugged your neck (after you beat him the second time), what was his emotion? Proud of you, respectful, or disappointed in himself?
He was very proud of me. I got him at the net for the win too. He congratulated me for the win. It was an ego thing after the first win. I mean a mom beating her son didn't set very well with him, as he never wanted me to beat him and really thought that I could not accomplish that. . Hey, I was in my 50's back then. I don't think I could do it now. I used to beat on my nephew so much that when he finally got me one day, he would not play me for months in order to savor the win. I had a lot of fun back then. Life is great now and I still play my granddaughter occasionally, but I would much rather watch a good match played by someone else now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was very proud of me. I got him at the net for the win too. He congratulated me for the win. It was an ego thing after the first win. I mean a mom beating her son didn't set very well with him, as he never wanted me to beat him and really thought that I could not accomplish that. . Hey, I was in my 50's back then. I don't think I could do it now. I used to beat on my nephew so much that when he finally got me one day, he would not play me for months in order to savor the win. I had a lot of fun back then. Life is great now and I still play my granddaughter occasionally, but I would much rather watch a good match played by someone else now.

It's nice that so many of your extended family enjoyed playing with you.

Did you ever play doubles with any of them?

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice that so many of your extended family enjoyed playing with you.

Did you ever play doubles with any of them?
Only once have I played doubles. I enjoyed it immensely. Most times it is hard to get enough for doubles. Everyone is do busy.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.