• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christian Folin

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I just talked to Ryan who said they didn't even really get that much time with him and his agent. Folin must have made up his mind before. This blows because he could have really been giving a huge role here next season. Now the Flyers need to trade for an impact defense men this offseason unless Morin becomes a beast over night.

Next season he probably would have had a bigger role here but right now the Wild have more of an open spot for him than the Flyers would - he wouldn't crack the Flyers lineup right now and he's ineligible for the playoffs so he probably wasn't looking at which team would make a deeper run - the Wild have more of a need at this point

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season he probably would have had a bigger role here but right now the Wild have more of an open spot for him than the Flyers would - he wouldn't crack the Flyers lineup right now and he's ineligible for the playoffs so he probably wasn't looking at which team would make a deeper run - the Wild have more of a need at this point

I'm 99% sure he could have been used an one of the emergency call-ups for the Flyers (I know Laughton can at least). Also if one of our Defense men went down I'd rather have him in the lineup then Gus or Gill & his cap hit was so insignificant it would have easily fit now. I really have to believe he just liked Minny better for some reason, I mean he could make an impact now I suppose but we'll have to see what Minny's plan is.

I'm just really surprised the Flyers didn't just strike out but apparently weren't really given any serious consideration. Like i said now the Flyers need to turn their attention towards acquiring another young defense men to help solidify the defensive corps moving forward.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's ineligible for the playoffs

That seems to be correct. Don't know the reasons behind it, though:

@JulieRobenhymer: UML's Christian Folin signs 2yr ELC with Minnesota. The 23 yr old, 6'2, 220 d-man will join the team in CHI. Not available for the playoffs.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be correct. Don't know the reasons behind it, though:

@JulieRobenhymer: UML's Christian Folin signs 2yr ELC with Minnesota. The 23 yr old, 6'2, 220 d-man will join the team in CHI. Not available for the playoffs.

You have the be on the roster by the trade deadline (March 3) to be eligible for playoff roster.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever been or played up there? It's a hockey hot spot. The north stars would have never left if their local economy hadn't took such a severe hit. They really pushed to get the Wild there. It's almost like the Toronto of the US as far as hockey fans go (if you can make that kind of comparison). I'm kinda not surprised he ended up there but I am disappointed.

Nope I haven't. But I figured it was only a matter of time. I know it's huge up there. I have cousins that grew up in Wisconsin and it was huge there. Just unfortunate for the flyers!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea awaz Minny is phenomenal.

Knowing now he can't play I'm the playoffs I'm even more confused why he chose Minny. He would have basically been guaranteed a starting role here next year. So frustrating but time to move on I suppose. Now let's go win a cup to make him feel silly for signing there.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea awaz Minny is phenomenal.

Knowing now he can't play I'm the playoffs I'm even more confused why he chose Minny. He would have basically been guaranteed a starting role here next year. So frustrating but time to move on I suppose. Now let's go win a cup to make him feel silly for signing there.

Why should we be seeking payback because a guy didn't sign here? It's not the end of the world that he didn't sign here, there's still Ghost, Sam Morin and Robert Hagg waiting in the wings

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should we be seeking payback because a guy didn't sign here? It's not the end of the world that he didn't sign here, there's still Ghost, Sam Morin and Robert Hagg waiting in the wings

Not payback, I more meant as let's refocus to a new discussion topic since this one is obviously closed. However he may feel silly that he didn't sign with a team that went on to win a cup. I don't know the guy but some people are funny like that.

I do like our prospect pool though finally. It's starting to look like Ghost may be NHL ready btw and from some reports Morin isn't too far behind maybe another year.

Is it too much to ask that the Sabres, Oilers and Panthers all trade us their 1st rounders for say Rosehill, Gill, and Downie?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not payback, I more meant as let's refocus to a new discussion topic since this one is obviously closed. However he may feel silly that he didn't sign with a team that went on to win a cup. I don't know the guy but some people are funny like that.

I do like our prospect pool though finally. It's starting to look like Ghost may be NHL ready btw and from some reports Morin isn't too far behind maybe another year.

Is it too much to ask that the Sabres, Oilers and Panthers all trade us their 1st rounders for say Rosehill, Gill, and Downie?

Flyers are a strong team but that doesn't make them an instant cup contender - Minnesota is a solid team as well and they have a bright future - it wasn't a bad decision on his part - and why would he feel silly - if he really wanted to sign in Minnesota, then that's his decision