• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Petersen to step down, Jimmy Lake named new Huskies head coach

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there seems to be no question Hamdan is out, or at least gonna be demoted for a new OC. Already reports that Kwiatkowski is retaking his spot. Only mention of Hamdan is “we won’t be making any changes until after the bowl” as a follow up to “my aggressive attitude will bleed through to the offense.”

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your attitude, but god damn...

Brutal schedule next year too. Open with Michigan, @ USC, @ Oregon, @ Utah, @ WSU (not like that one’s mattered in a long time).

Herbert will be gone from Whoreville
SC is a dumpster fire
Utes will losing a lot this year from graduation

and WSU :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah makes total sense they wont change anything until after the Bowl game and that is how it should be.

I get folks want Bush out, but there is a line that has not been brought up yet and that is, "How much did CP interject into the plays being called?"

I get the feeling there was a override on blitz's and play selections from the head man. Which is very common

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert will be gone from Whoreville
SC is a dumpster fire
Utes will losing a lot this year from graduation

and WSU :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

yeah, and we’re gonna have a new coach, and a brand new offense, from staff to players.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah makes total sense they wont change anything until after the Bowl game and that is how it should be.

I get folks want Bush out, but there is a line that has not been brought up yet and that is, "How much did CP interject into the plays being called?"

I get the feeling there was a override on blitz's and play selections from the head man. Which is very common
I’ve always got the impression Petersen intervened very little on the play to play stuff. Could be wrong, but he seemed very much to have the let everyone do their job approach.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve always got the impression Petersen intervened very little on the play to play stuff. Could be wrong, but he seemed very much to have the let everyone do their job approach.

There is no head coach in this world that will ever admit they "interject" but they do.
I think with Bush it was hands on, they kept him reined in cause he was younger and not experienced enough.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this last night and I think it might go back to Eason transferring here.
I don't think CP was all in, and might have had whispers in his ear about bring this guy home.
I think the mast exit in the QB's room after Eason was named the starter helped make his decision.

This guy isn't a 4 star/5 star coach, and wouldn't blame him. I've said it time and time again these kids are screwed up in the head sometimes with all this attention they get cause of these stars! Not all of them but a majority of them.
Look at the very late offer to Adams, Gee Scott!

He likes the diamonds in the rough and molds them into sometime!

In all honestly I hope he stays at this "advisory role" for a while and when Jimmy get's the NFL itch he slips back in and the program doesn't miss a beat!

I agree. I get the impression Petersen hates all the shit with transfers and recruiting. The fact that Eason and Haener had such a close "competition" makes me think that Petersen might have actually preferred Haener but figured there would be such a huge backlash if he didn't start Eason over Haener given Eason's pedigree and that he transferred here likely knowing he would get the starting job. This is purely speculative, but I think when Sirmon and Yankoff entered the transfer portal they might've believed Haener to be the better QB and didn't really see the whole process as a legitimate meritocracy.

Regarding your last sentence, I had a weird idea in my head that if the Lake thing doesn't work out and/or leaves for a bigger promotion that Petersen would come back. Who knows at this point though. If Petersen gets the itch to come back to coaching maybe he would prefer a fresh start somewhere else and/or would want to be at a smaller program without a ton of pressure.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Jimmy is the perfect guy moving forward!
He knows this program, he knows the kids, he knows the philosophy installed by Petersen, and he know's how to turn the heat up now on getting this thing over the hump.

If Eason returns next year, they are going to be in the playoffs!

I feel weird saying this because of everything that Petersen has done for us but I really couldn't imagine a better replacement for Petersen than Jimmy Lake. I always figured he'd make a great head coach somewhere.

I'm probably just convincing myself that this is what's best for the program, but one thing that had me really excited about Jimmy Lake taking over was this quote:

"Lake repeated on Tuesday that he plans to “copy the recipe” Petersen concocted both at Boise State and Washington. He said that he will carry Petersen’s Built For Life program into the future and maintain the “uncommon unity” that set Petersen’s programs apart.

But, on the field, there will also be changes.

We’re going to have a different style on offense. We’re going to have a different style on our special teams,” Lake told a crowd of reporters following the formal press conference. “We’re going to be aggressive. We’re going to attack, and this place is ready to roll.”"

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great presser. I think in the end coach was flat out burned out!
I was shocked this goes back to the Rose Bowl and how he didn't enjoy any of it. Which to me is a clear sign he was done.
I think there is so much more to this man then just coaching x's and o's and I would be shocked to see him back coaching in the next four to five years!

As for Jimmy, sit down strap in and lets watch this whole thing go to the next level. He sent a message loud and clear today to the coaching staff, "if you're going to stick around we are going to go balls to the wall!"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see CP go since he put UW back on the map but I do like Lake as the new HC. Just by reading bits and pieces here he seems like he'll bring a lot of energy to both sides of the ball. The one thing I hope he does different is in the way of recruiting. They've done a great job finding talent on the west coast and keeping top in state talent to the team, but in order for this team to get back to the CFP they need to expand farther east.