• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul's last chance?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be 38 when the 2023 finals roll around, going to be tough.

Would like nothing more than this post to age poorly and the Suns come back, but holy shit.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns ended the season with consecutive blowouts. Shows the dangers of putting your feet up with a 3-2 lead in Game 6 on the road.

This will be the biggest challenge for Chris Paul. Toughest loss of his career, will be interesting to see how he responds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns ended the season with consecutive blowouts. Shows the dangers of putting your feet up with a 3-2 lead in Game 6 on the road.

This will be the biggest challenge for Chris Paul. Toughest loss of his career, will be interesting to see how he responds.
They didn’t put their feet up. The faced the best player on the planet in this postseason and they got outcoached. Plus the Mavs have been playing ridiculous.
Tell D-Book and his boys don’t talk shit if you can’t back it up. You can talk all the shit you want if you play like Luka did. He is one of those guys that thrives under pressure it seems, the Mavs got a generational type of player.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t put their feet up. The faced the best player on the planet in this postseason and they got outcoached. Plus the Mavs have been playing ridiculous.
Tell D-Book and his boys don’t talk shit if you can’t back it up. You can talk all the shit you want if you play like Luka did. He is one of those guys that thrives under pressure it seems, the Mavs got a generational type of player.
Not to mention that trade the Mavs did with Washington to get Dinwiddie & Bertans for Porzingis turned out to be gold.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, they played game 6 like they thought they could just win game 7 at home. Then they learned why you have to try to close a team out the first chance you get. Especially when the best player in the series is on the other team and has a history of showing big in elimination games.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention that trade the Mavs did with Washington to get Dinwiddie & Bertans for Porzingis turned out to be gold.
That was a really good trade and Kidd showed he can coach better than he did in NJ and Milwuakee.

Sad the Lakers let him go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, they played game 6 like they thought they could just win game 7 at home. Then they learned why you have to try to close a team out the first chance you get. Especially when the best player in the series is on the other team and has a history of showing big in elimination games.
I think it's WAY more than that.

Kidd exposed the Suns. CP3 was worn out and/or mentally fragile at this point. All credit to Mavs defense more than "they took it easy on the Mavs and thought they could win game 7 at home". I don't believe that for one second.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's under contract in Phoenix so no way it's his last chance.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the least popular star players ever

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kidd exposed the Suns. CP3 was worn out and/or mentally fragile at this point. All credit to Mavs defense more than "they took it easy on the Mavs and thought they could win game 7 at home". I don't believe that for one second.

Oh, I agree that Kidd (remember when we all thought he couldnt coach? lol) figured something out. But remember, the Mavs had lost 9 straight games in Phoenix going into that game.

I thought they came out with more energy yesterday than in game 6, but it didnt matter because the Mavs had figured something out and the Suns never adjusted. Add to that the fact that it was a game 7 and all of the pressure was on the Suns and they didnt respond well at all.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a game 7 and all of the pressure was on the Suns and they didnt respond well at all.
Understatement of the year. That was an ass whooping from tip off to buzzer.
All three of their stars just disappeared. I think a performance that atrocious in a game 7 at home cements Paul as an also ran; a great regular season guy, but can't get it done in the playoffs even with talent around him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's under contract in Phoenix so no way it's his last chance.

You think the Suns are getting better or worse next season?

Or better question, do you think other teams might stand a better chance than the Suns next year.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree that Kidd (remember when we all thought he couldnt coach? lol) figured something out. But remember, the Mavs had lost 9 straight games in Phoenix going into that game.

I thought they came out with more energy yesterday than in game 6, but it didnt matter because the Mavs had figured something out and the Suns never adjusted. Add to that the fact that it was a game 7 and all of the pressure was on the Suns and they didnt respond well at all.

Yeah, Kidd is like most NBA coaches.

You get him with the right roster at the right time and he can excel. Put him in the wrong situation and he will fail.

As for the game, for most of the 1st half, I kept saying:

“Man, Phoenix is lucky to only be down … whatever”

Then, Dallas actually got hot at the end of the 2nd quarter and it was almost completely out of reach.

What a crazy game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this morning it's now being reported CP3 had a quad injury that limited his mobility in the series. But this series loss is devastating for his career.

His teams have now lost five playoff series after being up 2-0, the most all time. And it spans three decade- '08, '13, '16, '21 + this season.

And last night was the second biggest loss by a team with the best record in an elimination game all time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Kidd is a really damn good coach, I think most thought the opposite. Kudos to him.

One thing that people might not think matters but I think it absolutely had a factor in turning that switch. After PHX was up 2-0, they started talking mad shit to Luka and Dallas bench. I think Luka loves being in a corner up against the wall, kinda like Lebron. This motivated not just Luka but the entire team. I know this always doesn't workout and guys just aren't hitting their shots but I thought this was at least a little factor. The energy aspect is definitely part of it also. CP3...I don't know he didn't look the same towards the end of the series. Nerves? Injury? Hard to say.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kidd is a really damn good coach, I think most thought the opposite. Kudos to him.

One thing that people might not think matters but I think it absolutely had a factor in turning that switch. After PHX was up 2-0, they started talking mad shit to Luka and Dallas bench. I think Luka loves being in a corner up against the wall, kinda like Lebron. This motivated not just Luka but the entire team. I know this always doesn't workout and guys just aren't hitting their shots but I thought this was at least a little factor. The energy aspect is definitely part of it also. CP3...I don't know he didn't look the same towards the end of the series. Nerves? Injury? Hard to say.

Yep, agree with all of this. I mentioned after game 6 that he looked tired. Dude is 37 years old and I think the Suns leaned on him a bit too much and he ran out of gas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere, the Bucks are thanking their lucky stars that the Suns didn't show up and took them off the headlines for melting in their own game 7.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere, the Bucks are thanking their lucky stars that the Suns didn't show up and took them off the headlines for melting in their own game 7.

Maybe. But the Bucks were on the road and missing their 2nd best player. Phoenix can't say the same.