• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul To Return Sunday

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOS ANGELES -- Point guard Chris Paul, who has been sidelined since Jan. 3 with a separated right shoulder, likely will return to the starting lineup Sunday when the Los Angeles Clippers play the Philadelphia 76ers.

[+] Enlarge Glenn James/Getty ImagesClippers point guard Chris Paul hasn't played since suffering a separated right shoulder on Jan. 3.

Paul has been participating in contact drills and shootarounds, but the Clippers have not had a full practice in almost two weeks, preventing him from practicing with the team.
The Clippers canceled practice Thursday and are expected to sit Paul for Friday's game against the Toronto Raptors. If Paul practices Saturday without any problems, he will play Sunday.
"He did some one-on-ones today at shootaround and looked pretty good, so I think he's very close," coach Doc Rivers said Wednesday. "I don't think he'll play Friday but he could play after that. He took contact today in one-on-ones, but it's still not a 5-on-5."
Paul was voted into the All-Star Game in New Orleans as a reserve and recently said he planned on playing in the game because it's in the city where he played his first six NBA seasons and his first All-Star Game in 2008.
"The All-Star Game is in New Orleans, and that's a part of me," Paul said. "That's where I played my very first All-Star Game, and anytime you have that opportunity, I'm not going to pass it up, because it's not guaranteed to happen next year."

Chris Paul of Los Angeles Clippers expected to return Sunday - ESPN Los Angeles

Great news for the Clippers.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that they won a few more games without CP3 than I thought they would.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin has been playing out of his mind for the most part since CP3 went down.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Griffin struggled leading his team to wins before Chris Paul came along, even though he put up crazy stats and had numerous appearances on sportscenter's top 10.

He's doing it now though, and I'm more impressed than I've ever been. I wonder how much of that credit belongs to Doc Rivers.