• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris trade buzz

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5th? No way we trade him for a 5th..

I'd say a 2nd.

I said I was no good at it. Philly offered a 2nd for Cooper. Maybe they will offer the 2nd for Thomas or maybe a 3rd given the contract.

I still say Elway stands pat hoping we make a run. I don't know that I discount that idea. The talent is there and there have been flashes. Just got to put it together, or we continue to see flashes without the wins. THe next 2 weeks will be important. Got to win 1 of them prior to the bye if there is a chance to make a run toward the playoffs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is younger then DT, but if we took a 3rd I'd want another pick with it. That's just me. We could take less to get the contract off our bag.

Cooper is younger and isn't locked up. But the Cowboys do have to pay the 5th year option that is now off the Raiders bank. So while IMO DT is better then Cooper we won't get the same deal with those things being said. I just don't trade him now for a 5th, if that is the case I would trade him in the off-season to get rid of his contract and not at the midway point this year. If we trade him before the deadline it needs to be worth our time, IMO because if we want to just give him away we can wait until after the season to do that. Just my take! I could be way off.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want mid range 2nd and would not budge .

I would keep DT if not .

With NE I would want some kind of add on

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I think Amari Cooper deal for Dallas is HORRIBLE!

The Raiders finally win a trade here.

I love how Jason Garrett keeps saying this is the price you have to pay for a #1 WR.

A #1 WR? Yes, Cooper has a lot of talent we saw it in college. But what has he proven in the NFL? He has struggled as a #1 WR in Oakland. He wasn't really a great #2 with Crabtree there. He is going to demand a high contract after his 5th year option.. Maybe a change of scenary will do well, but feels like desperation to me. I don't get this trade at all. Plus they have to pay him the 5th year option cap hit.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas was a legit SB team I might see #1 pick. Dumb move for avg team how bout them Cowboys. Jerry your da best lol

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is younger then DT, but if we took a 3rd I'd want another pick with it. That's just me. We could take less to get the contract off our bag.

Cooper is younger and isn't locked up. But the Cowboys do have to pay the 5th year option that is now off the Raiders bank. So while IMO DT is better then Cooper we won't get the same deal with those things being said. I just don't trade him now for a 5th, if that is the case I would trade him in the off-season to get rid of his contract and not at the midway point this year. If we trade him before the deadline it needs to be worth our time, IMO because if we want to just give him away we can wait until after the season to do that. Just my take! I could be way off.

If we wait until the offseason to trade DT we might not get any offers as teams will assume he will be cut anyway. Personally I would rather see if we can restructure DT's contract to be reasonable. He wants to stay in Denver but he will have to give up some major money to do so. He has made enough to live comfortably the rest of his life so it is something that he could do, but will he. Lets say we restructure him to a 5 year 25 million deal with a no trade clause. DT could probably get 3 to 5 million more on the open market, but he has to understand there is only so much cap space and we have younger and cheaper player already on the roster. We give him the ability to stay in Denver but he has to give up a substantial about of money.

I think DT has a lot of value on the team, but his cap hit is too high with the depth and younger players on the roster.

At some point we need to stop getting rid of the veteran leadership on the team. DT is not a vocal leader but other players do look up to him form what I have read.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is trading more than a 5th for a player who has a cap charge in 2019 of $17,533,334. DT could be a rent a player.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report is Packers offered a 3rd. It would be a late 3rd. Denver holding off for now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wait until the offseason to trade DT we might not get any offers as teams will assume he will be cut anyway. Personally I would rather see if we can restructure DT's contract to be reasonable. He wants to stay in Denver but he will have to give up some major money to do so. He has made enough to live comfortably the rest of his life so it is something that he could do, but will he. Lets say we restructure him to a 5 year 25 million deal with a no trade clause. DT could probably get 3 to 5 million more on the open market, but he has to understand there is only so much cap space and we have younger and cheaper player already on the roster. We give him the ability to stay in Denver but he has to give up a substantial about of money.

I think DT has a lot of value on the team, but his cap hit is too high with the depth and younger players on the roster.

At some point we need to stop getting rid of the veteran leadership on the team. DT is not a vocal leader but other players do look up to him form what I have read.

I see where you’re coming from and I agree it is a risk if we REALLY want to get rid of him. But we are also talking about a 5th round pick here. I would take my chances. There is a chance DT would play for less. I would rather see how he does the second half of the year see what we can afford with him next year based on play/money and risk cutting him and getting nothing in return then giving him away to a playoff contender for a 5th rounder. I am not saying the Broncos agree with me either.

DT is a leader. You don't see it on the field, but like you said other players look up to him and he is a good teammate and a proven player. You put him on another team with a good situation with a good QB and he is worth way more than what we can get for him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Apple to the Saints for a 4th and 7th. He has been a cancer to the Giants, once upon a 10th overall pick. I had high hopes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta be open for the right price though.

It doesn't sound like we are not getting the type of offer we would want to move him, which is what I figured would happen. Denver wants a higher pick then those being offered. Good for Denver.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on sundays outcome a close loss or win he'd stay. A blowout loss and Elway might trade him for whatever. I still believe nothing happens.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take a 3rd for DT. Sutton has proved he can be his replacement and a 3rd even a late one is fine with me. Plus doesn’t it fee up quite a bit of cap space?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it stops the Chiefs from making the SB I am all for DT to the Pats. ;)
I like Mahomes. Nothing seems to phase the kid. Not sure I want NE back in the SB. I want NE to have to go on the road for the AFCC game and see if they have the stones to win. I seriously doubt it.

The Patriots are 8-4 in AFC Championship games since 2001. Strangely, that's 12 of 17 seasons. They lost to the Ravens at Gillette, and that was their only loss at home. They lost 3 on the road. They were successful enough to play in 8 Super Bowls and win 5 which were all on the road. How many AFC Championships have the Chiefs won since 2001 and how many playioff games have they lost in Arrowhead? How well have the Broncos done on the road in AFC Championships??

It's statements like yours that confirm that hate twists the mind.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors swirling here in the northeast that Belichick and Elway have been in discussions about Shane Ray. Is there anything being said out in the Denver area?? The Patriots have not been able to get to a QB for the past couple of weeks and BB is looking to cut someone and add a threat.