• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris - Torn ACL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty confident that Champ is up to the task of moving outside if we go that route. He has looked good covering the slot the past several weeks and I don't think that the Pats have the speedy WRs that Champ has seemed to struggle with most the past year or so. If we do move Champ to LCB in the base defense, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move back inside in nickel and dime packages. Hopefully he and all of the other defensive players have outstanding games. I really feel like we will score a lot of points, so limiting the Pats offense is a likely key to victory.

Yeah I agree I think he plays outside on the base defense then inside on the nickel defense. The Patriots have played Edelman at the Slot spot almost 50% of the time this season and I would much rather have Champ on their best receiver than that of either Webster/Jammer/Carter. This is definitely going to be one of those games that Champ is going to have play his heart out. If there is anybody on the team that I trust to step up when we absolutely need it though Champ is my guy. They have had him on a pitch count lately but this is one of those games you just have to tell him he is going to have to play as much as humanly possible and know he will have 2 weeks off before the next game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things that I guess take with a grain of salt kind of thing...Champ Bailey is the one who moved up the depth chart with Harris out. Could mean something in that the Broncos plan to play him in the base defense not just the nickel. Also Chris Harris today on 102.3 thinks Tony Carter will be the one to replace him at least in the nickel defense.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things that I guess take with a grain of salt kind of thing...Champ Bailey is the one who moved up the depth chart with Harris out. Could mean something in that the Broncos plan to play him in the base defense not just the nickel. Also Chris Harris today on 102.3 thinks Tony Carter will be the one to replace him at least in the nickel defense.

The coaches obviously have the best information for making the decision about who to play. Based on what I've seen, though, I have more confidence in Carter than Webster or Jammer. Carter played very well nearly all of last year. As far as I know he is healthy, so I see no reason that he's not capable of doing so again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches obviously have the best information for making the decision about who to play. Based on what I've seen, though, I have more confidence in Carter than Webster or Jammer. Carter played very well nearly all of last year. As far as I know he is healthy, so I see no reason that he's not capable of doing so again.

Here is how I see it. Webster is better if the Patriots decide they want to run it but since our nickel defense will usually be in when we think they are going to pass I think Carter offers the better match up against the Patriots in the pass game. He is not big but neither are the Patriot receivers so we don't have to worry about him getting beat by a big receiver. He is quick and works well in the short field area where the Patriots like to pass it. Also throw in the refs for this upcoming game have actually been some of the better refs at keeping their flags in their pockets and letting the players play. Since Carter likes to get handy I think this game plays to his strengths at least in pass coverage.