• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris - Torn ACL

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

We can't catch a break on the injury front.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang It! We have now lost Harris, Vickerson, Miller, Moore, and Wolfe on defense. Champ is going to have to really step up and one of Carter, Webster, or Jammer is going to have to play the game of their life.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..... that sucks. Hopefully Bailey is up to the task of taking Harris' place. Leaves our secondary even thinner though :L

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least they got Champ back. Denver has a chance as long as they don't get torched through the air, although I think this game will benefit Denver if it turns into a shootout. Neither of these teams have the greatest D

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

We can't catch a break on the injury front.

That really hurts. We saw how his absense directly contributed to SD comeback. All I can say is Champ better put his big boy pants on from here on out because if we have to rely on Jammer or the rookie Web.......that secondary is going to have some troubles. The D line is going to also have to get more pressure on Brady to help compensate for Harris loss also. Sh@T!!!!!!

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really hurts. We saw how his absense directly contributed to SD comeback. All I can say is Champ better put his big boy pants on from here on out because if we have to rely on Jammer or the rookie Web.......that secondary is going to have some troubles. The D line is going to also have to get more pressure on Brady to help compensate for Harris loss also. Sh@T!!!!!!

Jammer got roasted multiple times by Rivers, Brady will pick the secondary apart if Denver plays like they did in the 4th quarter vs. San Diego.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit sucks. I'm so sick of watching this team get decimated by injuries. We just don't have enough depth to maintain the level of play with our best players on IR. WTF is going on with this team? It seems like every year we lead the league in injuries, especially season-ending injuries. The "Next Man Up" mantra is getting fucking old.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks. Time for a Tony Carter sighting. (I actually have more confidence in Carter than I do Jammer and Webster)

Silver Lining: At least we don't have to worry about Gronk.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks. Time for a Tony Carter sighting. (I actually have more confidence in Carter than I do Jammer and Webster)

Silver Lining: At least we don't have to worry about Gronk.

:agree:

This. Tony Carter looked pretty damn good last year. I know he's fallen out of grace with the coaches but I would have more confidence with him on the field over Jammer or Webster.

MH64

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks ass.

So now what? Is Champ gonna start at LCB, DRC at RCB and have Webster in the nickel?

Damn these injuries.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks ass.

So now what? Is Champ gonna start at LCB, DRC at RCB and have Webster in the nickel?

Damn these injuries.

I think Champ should play nickel. The Patriots don' really have a deep threat. They make their living in the passing game over the middle and in the seam on short routes.

I expect to see a lot of Danny Amendola and Julian Edleman running routes close to the LOS or no more than 7-10 yards deep and some sideline routes.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Champ should play nickel. The Patriots don' really have a deep threat. They make their living in the passing game over the middle and in the seam on short routes.

I expect to see a lot of Danny Amendola and Julian Edleman running routes close to the LOS or no more than 7-10 yards deep and some sideline routes.

So does that mean with stick with Jammer at LCB? Or do we play the rook there again and see how he can do? Activate TC?

Do we have any word on Nacho yet? He went down, but was able to kind of limp off without much help.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that mean with stick with Jammer at LCB? Or do we play the rook there again and see how he can do? Activate TC?

Do we have any word on Nacho yet? He went down, but was able to kind of limp off without much help.

If I remember rightly, he was back in the game....

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would activate Tony Carter and have him and DRC at R/LCB and Champ in the nickel, maybe spelling Carter with Webster in run situations.

Jammer was horrid at pass coverage.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would activate Tony Carter and have him and DRC at R/LCB and Champ in the nickel, maybe spelling Carter with Webster in run situations.

Jammer was horrid at pass coverage.

Sounds good to me, and likely the most viable option. Champ has looked good at nickel and he's more prone to hug the LOS which is great in run support cause dude can still tackle with the best of them.

Jammer just made me sad.....especially that 4th and 5 when Allen pulled the okie doke on him and flat out made him look stupid. Should've had a safety back there, but it was an all out blitz if I remember correctly. It's hard to imagine he was once an upper tier DB.:think:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Carter filling in. He has played some very good ball the past couple of years, he is a former Pat, and he had the misfortune of that punt bouncing off his leg in OT at NE that set up the game-losing FG. I think it would be akin to poetic justice for Carter to play a key role in knocking off the Pats!

Barrelman Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This injury sucks. Especially because Chris has become a player everyone can love. But I think we still have pretty good matchups in the secondary this weekend.

Edelman is by far their best WR. He's not quite Wes Welker, but he's good and he will have a good game. Pretty simple solution is put DRC on him whenever he's outside, and stick Champ on him when he's inside. Those two guys can at least limit him. Amendola? He's capable, but he hasn't been a game changer by any means this season. I think you try to get him with Bailey as much as possible, or go with Tony Carter.

Kayvon gets a ton of praise from the coaches, but this whole season he has been getting worked when he's on a team's #1 or #2. Jammer just can't handle it. I don't want to see either of those two guys on their top two WRs.

There's not a TE we have to worry about. They have a good passing attack with their RBs, but I can't recall many games this season if any where RBs hurt us in the passing game. Trevathan is fast enough, but also strong enough to match up with their guys.

If we get to the Super Bowl, the real problem we see without Chris is if we get San Francisco. Crabtree, Boldin, and Vernon Davis is a top 5 core in the league. That will be an ugly game defensively especially with what Kaep can do with his legs.
If we get to the SB and meet Seattle, again I think our secondary still is superior to their receiving game.

I know he's lost some of his step, but having Champ Bailey as your "backup" is probably one of the best situations to have in the NFL. As long as he's not covering guys that are known for speed, I still think he can be a very good CB. I don't think I have to say anything about DRC. He's locked down whoever he's on this entire season. What an incredible signing.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Im all for next man up but soon there will be no man up at this rate. This loss is bigger then Von Miller's.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a tricky one. #1....Drc has to be on best NE threat to go deep. I know Dobson was out last gm but they still have a rook with speed but lacks in route running and has drops ( Tompkins I believe) but can be problem with his height and speed, then the other concerning wrs are Amendola and Edelman. There small so I think the bigger Jammer&Carter can make a dif if they get in their face,jam them and throw off rhythem at least. I think the best option for Denver opposite DRC is Webster ( obviously Champ has garnished some concerns or it would be a no-brainer) but Rio better have a safety watching his back on at least, for sure passing situations. The best help this depleted secondary can get is an aggresive pass rush to try and make Brady hurry his throws or Denver will have some probs. Best case scenario I see in this game is.... shootout with Denver getting last last shot or Brady having and off day, we stymie the run and get a few balls to bounce the right way for us. Anyway you look at it...NE vs Den......is always a friggin crazy game. Manning and O just has to out score Brady. GO BRONCOS...MAKE US PROUD....YOU CAN DO IT!!!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The short term answer is the team has to find a way to carry on. I don't foresee any of the teams remaining offering any sympathy and the Broncos team I root for doesn't need it anyway. The team has a week to scheme around Harris' absence.

NOW, these injuries, especially to Von Miller and Harris, are beginning to shape the defense next season as well. An ACL surgery is no small thing, and it won't surprise me to see Miller and Harris both miss some playing time next year as their recovery time will probably cut into the early part of next season. To me, this means bolstering the LB core and secondary this off season may become a bigger priority than it other wise needs to be.

What are you thoughts on the long term ramifications of these injuries?