• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris' life

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So found this article about Chris Harris and just how much this kid has had to fight to get where he is today. After reading this article I'm actually thinking about investing in a Chris Harris jersey. Anyway the article is long but well worth the read.

The Spirit of the Broncos: Pitbull Defender Chris Harris Jr. Can't Be Held Down | Bleacher Report

If you don't care to read it here are a few of the highlights...grew up in a single parent household with him being the oldest child. Wanted more for his life than that so pushed himself beyond what others were doing.

Only got one scholarship offer and that was University of Kansas. Made the switch to safety his senior year so teams only evaluated him as a safety. Tried to get tape out of his game but the Broncos were the only team that showed any interest in him and even there it was very little. For training camp they had one final spot to fill and 3 Corners on the board to pick from. Denver Scouts told John Fox he could either have the fast one, the big one, or the smart one. He chose the smart one (obviously Chris Harris).

After only a few days of practice Champ Bailey already knew the kid was going to be special. Even told reporters during that first training camp that Harris would be a Corner for the Broncos long after Bailey would retire.

Now onto this recent season. His torn ACL in the playoffs...I think we have really not bragged enough of how amazing this kid has come back. 7 months after having surgery where he could hardly even walk (just to give an idea Narvarro Bowman had surgery around the same time...now given he had a more serious injury but he couldn't even play this season) he was starting against the Colts in week 1. Not only was he starting but he was playing at a very high level. Heck I have no issue saying that Chris Harris here at the end of the year is the best Corner in the league. He doesn't brag about it like Sherman or demand huge contracts like Revis but all he does is go out and shut down any receiver on the field. Heck he does things that at least Sherman cannot do at a high level in his ability to cover the slot at the highest of levels.

Anyway already getting long but this kid is special. So glad we have him locked in as a Denver Bronco for years to come.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful, CD. Implying that Sherman is not the best CB ever is fighting words for some people of the northwest.

I am glad we got Harris. I can even look past his KU stint. He is what I want out of most players, a lot of talent without the big mouth. The guy has a great story and I am glad things are paying off for him. And to get praise from Champ Bailey has got to be huge. One of the best at the position saying your going to be special has got to feel better than a top draft position or massive paycheck.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true that statement might not sit well with a few opposing fans. And I will admit they have an argument for sure but I think Harris has just as much of an argument as that of those other guys. He isn't the high profile loud mouth or the diva but just the guy that shows up to work everyday working to get better and lets the play on the field do the talking. Honestly his way of handling things probably cost him about $2-3 million a year in salary. He could have easily got that kind of money if he really wanted to push for it and somebody would have paid it. Thankfully the guy continues to remain humble through everything and instead of looking for that top money just appreciates what he has here in Denver. I think when you factor in how much less he is making than those other Corners and the fact that he is playing at just as high of a level if not more then it to me is an easy argument for who is best. He is best for the team and as a player combined.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris, Roby and Talib have the chance to become a great secondary. I think Ward is a very good player and although he's had some bad moments Moore is solid.

These guys are exactly why I get on JDR's case. I think they're capable of even more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris, Roby and Talib have the chance to become a great secondary. I think Ward is a very good player and although he's had some bad moments Moore is solid.

These guys are exactly why I get on JDR's case. I think they're capable of even more.

The great thing about this group is they should stay together for the next 3 or so years. All are under contract at least so the Broncos should continue to have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Really we just need to find a Free Safety at some point and this group could rival the best secondaries in the NFL. Heck they could be close to that already.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on all the above except the Moore praise. I for one thought he was going to be good and didn`t take that Raven game as a indication of his potential,etc. But I`ve been watching him alot closer as of late and I see a tenative, unaggressive safety lately. I`ve watched him hesitate to engage in "tackle support" and that bugs me. I see alot more from Carter and Bolden recently. I will not be surprised at all if Moore is gone next yr. I really had high hopes for the guy but something is missing and he`s really been mediocre at best this yr. Disappointed in his performance this yr.