• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Davis suspended for amphetamine use

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my thought is that maybe he automatically accepted it and will try to appeal and get a shorter sentence? Take the suspension now since we pretty much have the division locked up and hope it gets cleared up by the time the postseason arrives?

He got suspended because he didnt have a TUE. There is no appealing that.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my thought is that maybe he automatically accepted it and will try to appeal and get a shorter sentence? Take the suspension now since we pretty much have the division locked up and hope it gets cleared up by the time the postseason arrives?

It's practically "season over" for Davis... since the 25 games carry into the postseason, it could be as early as the 2014 ALCS and as late as April 2015 before he would be allowed to play again.

Last edited by a moderator:

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main insult is that he would still be doing it if he wasn't caught -- which makes him untrustworthy and a liar in the realm of Miguel Tejada. :tsk:

Completely disagree. Tejada took roids, Davis took Adderall, not even in the same ballpark as steroids...

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's practically "season over" for Davis... since the 25 games carry into the postseason, it could be as early as the 2014 ALCS and as late as April 2015 before he would be allowed to play again.
Not true. He will miss the last 17 games of the regular season, and 8 postseason games. If their first series goes the distance and they win, he'll be eligible to return in game 4 of the ALCS.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. Tejada took roids, Davis took Adderall, not even in the same ballpark as steroids...

Yes Tejada's first suspension was for roids, but the suspension last year was the same as Davis's. Tejada neglacted to renew his TUE last year and got popped for that, same as Davis.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the vast majority of the people that have posted here on this topic no little to nothing about Adderall.

It can't be that big of a deal to MLB as they allow exceptions to take this drug. Chris has had ADHD for years and had been granted use by MLB, for all we know he thought he had an active exemption and had stopped taking it earlier in the season thinking he was able to function normally without it.

Any one that knows the true effects of ADHD would know what he has been dealing with. I'm willing to bet most of you don't know the meaning of ADHD.

Adderall is not even close to roids. Get a clue

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the vast majority of the people that have posted here on this topic no little to nothing about Adderall.

It can't be that big of a deal to MLB as they allow exceptions to take this drug. Chris has had ADHD for years and had been granted use by MLB, for all we know he thought he had an active exemption and had stopped taking it earlier in the season thinking he was able to function normally without it.

Any one that knows the true effects of ADHD would know what he has been dealing with. I'm willing to bet most of you don't know the meaning of ADHD.

+1

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to pile on but the NFL just reclassified adderall from PED to substance abuse.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't know if Davis really has 'ADHD' or just said he did to get a prescription. Many players have the same doctor's-note permission to use Adderall. It's a drug that improves clarity, plain and simple. No one compared it to 'roids', except a poster that knew nothing of Tejada getting suspended for the exact same thing as Davis.

So, you might want to reserve judgement on what others might 'know' and 'don't know'.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see where I should agree. Tejada failed for steroids prior to that suspension last year, not to mention he admitted lying under oath...

Uh ... maybe the part of Miggy getting suspended for the use of Adderall? Just guessing ...

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh ... maybe the part of Miggy getting suspended for the use of Adderall? Just guessing ...

Uhhhhhhh...maybe you forgot the fact that in 2007 Tejada was listed in the Mitchell Report, and in 2009 admitted to Congress that he lied to about his and Palmerio's steroid usage...

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhhhh...maybe you forgot the fact that in 2007 Tejada was listed in the Mitchell Report, and in 2009 admitted to Congress that he lied to about his and Palmerio's steroid usage...

I 'forgot' nothing. You're the only one that brought up steroids because you didn't know about Miggy getting busted for the same thing Davis did, last season -- which I provided a link for you to read, by the way -- and assumed you had a point. What Miggy did, years ago, just proves he has a history of being a liar and user -- which I already said. We're talking about Adderall, not steroids. Stay on topic.