• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly Felt The Eagles' Offense Was 'Too Slow' Vs The Redskins

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philadelphia Eagles' fast-breaking offense was the talk of the football world Monday night, but coach Chip Kelly wasn't pleased with the pace of his first NFL game.

"I felt like it was slow to be honest with you," Kelly said, via NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala.

The Eagles' 53 plays through two quarters Monday night were the second most of any team since 1991. Kelly believes his team can not only sustain that pace but also do a better job of keeping its foot on the gas pedal while playing with a lead.

The primary questions are whether that approach will work with the NFL's smaller rosters and longer season.

"I've never been a part of anything like this," Michael Vick said, via TheMMQB.com. "When the first quarter was over, I thought we were about to go into halftime. Unreal. The only thing I could tell myself was, 'It's going to be a long season.'"

Source: NFL.com

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I chuckled during Vick's interview. McCoy is going to
be a fantasy king this year and I called it. His numbers are going to be through the roof. Jackson will have well over 1000 yards receiving. If only our defense can keep us in games, we will be just fine.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im looking forward to see how this offense works out the rest of the season

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that didn't take long to go down in flames. KC played a vanilla basic scheme and the Eagles offense looked putrid.

All this focus on Chip Kelly's fast paced offense is clouding the fact that the Eagles defense is in disarray.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morpheus, the Eagles defense was on the field for 40 minutes, any team can get worn down under those conditions. I saw some defensive improvements against the Chiefs, and I think it will continue to get better each week. The Eagles turned the ball over 3 times,that is what the real problem is!