• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CHI/Philly late thoughts

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started because "early" has left us.

I'd be much more confident if Vick was still playing as we've owned him. Two teams playing for the exact same thing.

It's a road game vs a team that can run the ball. It does not look good even with Briggs back. Gotta stay with them and win a close one.

LETS GO BEARS, YOU GOT THIS SHIT.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for the Bears. Have to imagine that at least some Bears fans aren't at least a bit worried about Cutler's hubris wrecking their shot.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for the Bears. Have to imagine that at least some Bears fans aren't at least a bit worried about Cutler's hubris wrecking their shot.

Most ignorant fans are worried about Cutler. But rest assured, He's not, nor has he ever been the problem.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Much more worried about the D, and McCoy.

I can see that. Philly has some weapons, Shady is foremost among them, and this year's version of the Bears defense certainly isn't mistaken for the '85 vintage. Still, were I Bears fan, I'd certainly be concerned about Jay's propensity for coming up small when it matters most.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most ignorant fans are worried about Cutler. But rest assured, He's not, nor has he ever been the problem.

Are you calling me ignorant? Okay, I can live with that. Just let me know when 6 comes up big when it matters. LOL

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. Philly has some weapons, Shady is foremost among them, and this year's version of the Bears defense certainly isn't mistaken for the '85 vintage. Still, were I Bears fan, I'd certainly be concerned about Jay's propensity for coming up small when it matters most.

This year, I think that's when he's played his best ball. It's the slow starts that are killing him.

He's been pretty dominant in the 2nd half, and particularly the 4th quarters of games this year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, I think that's when he's played his best ball. It's the slow starts that are killing him.

He's been pretty dominant in the 2nd half, and particularly the 4th quarters of games this year.

Maybe he will prove to be clutch down the stretch. He certainly has a strong cast to help him do that. My impression of Cutler is that he cares more about displaying how talented he is than he does about playing smart football. Of course I could be wrong about that. We shall see.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes , Philly has weapons. Going against the worst rushing D in the league.
But the Bears have the most productive pair of WRs in the league, going against 1 of the worst pass Ds in the league. They also have a pretty good back in Forte and a Te who is having a career season.
I think it just comes down to who protects the ball better (TOs). And who's D can get of the field fastest.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he will prove to be clutch down the stretch. He certainly has a strong cast to help him do that. My impression of Cutler is that he cares more about displaying how talented he is than he does about playing smart football. Of course I could be wrong about that. We shall see.

I agree Jay takes chances, but lately they have been paying off. They don't say he has a gunslinger mentality w/out resason.
You're not wrong about that.
I disagree w/your impression of Jay. Instead of displaying his talent. Just think he looks for the big play. Every QBs thoughts. But he has the talent to make it work.
Just a couple examples of what I'm talking about.
Jeffery breaks open ( I mean wide open, nobody w/in 10 yards of him) 10-15 yards down the middle field. Jay decides to throw a back shoulder throw to Marshall 30 yards down field and covered pretty well. BM makes the catch. Many Qbs would have gone to Jeffrey.
The TD he threw to Jeffery in the Cleveland game. Shouldn't have been thrown, IMO but he threw it while being hit, the ball looked like a dying quail but Jeffery comes up with it.
Just sayin he makes plays when other QBs put in the same position wouldn't.
Would I like for him to smarter w/ the ball, hell yes. It would put a few more years on my heart.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started because "early" has left us.

I'd be much more confident if Vick was still playing as we've owned him. Two teams playing for the exact same thing.

It's a road game vs a team that can run the ball. It does not look good even with Briggs back. Gotta stay with them and win a close one.

LETS GO BEARS, YOU GOT THIS SHIT.

Yeah, We pretty much owned Vick. Though he made some games scary ( I can't forget that TD throw to the TE ) in 1 of those games.

Philly's pass D is on par w/our run D.
Just think it comes down to who's D steps up & STs.
Love what Ratliff has been doing. Add in Briggs .I give an edge to our D. STs in my mind is up in the air.
Go BEARS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is we need to score early and often. I do not see a def game on either side.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you calling me ignorant? Okay, I can live with that. Just let me know when 6 comes up big when it matters. LOL

Heres one right off the top of my head. Pretty sure he saved us from being swept by the Vikings.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler is the highest rated 4th quarter QB in the league this season, and has the 3rd most 4th quarter comebacks since 2007. So what you say makes NO sense. Jay plays his best in the 4th quarter when it matters most. God Bless...

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is we need to score early and often. I do not see a def game on either side.

I don't see a D game either. But somebodies D is going to have to make a stop or 2.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense needs to force some field goals early and O needs to get TDs. If we get up and control the tempo, its a lock. Also when Dallas loses, Philly locks up the NFCE, and rests Foles and McCoy in the 2nd half. #fingerscrossed

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense needs to force some field goals early and O needs to get TDs. If we get up and control the tempo, its a lock. Also when Dallas loses, Philly locks up the NFCE, and rests Foles and McCoy in the 2nd half. #fingerscrossed

Fuck finger crossing I just want to see my Bears kick the shit out of those Philly fagots.
Yeah I had a few too many. AGAIN.
But will stand behind my posts once sober.:lol:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a great SNF match-up. obviously huge for both teams' playoff chances.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say but the only butt whipping will be the Bears. If the Bears manage to pull this road game out it will be a close game. Philly is a better scoring defense than ours. They have a better run defense than ours. They just need to control the clock with the run game and it should be an easy victory for them. Of course no one evers sticks to the script. Philly has a worse pass defense than ours which doesn't help because I believe the team controlling the clock in this one will win and it would make sense that the team that uses the run effectively will win
.....:omg:
:wtf2:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say but the only butt whipping will be the Bears. If the Bears manage to pull this road game out it will be a close game. Philly is a better scoring defense than ours. They have a better run defense than ours. They just need to control the clock with the run game and it should be an easy victory for them. Of course no one evers sticks to the script. Philly has a worse pass defense than ours which doesn't help because I believe the team controlling the clock in this one will win and it would make sense that the team that uses the run effectively will win
.....:omg:
:wtf2:

Easier said than done. The Eagles are one of the worst ball-control teams in the NFL.