• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cheech gets another PTO

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on the Wor. Sharks web site. I thought a player could only get 2 PTO and when its over, he either gets a contract or released.

I thought it was weird that Cheech gets another PTO, I'm sure he wants to get paid, not play a entire year for free. :confused:

He just got married over the summer, so I'm sure the wife needs some money....:o

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
maybe he is choosing to do so to give him flexability to sign with any team in the NHL im assuming he wouldnt have to clear waivers in that situation. But thats better left for Cmon or Sjrules i don't know that stuff so good

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My understanding is that he can sign as many PTO's with the team as he wants but can only play 50 games under a PTO with one team. So he technically has three more games before he'd have to sign an actual AHL level SPC.

EDIT: A PTO length goes by games the team has played not the player. The team just hit the 50 game mark but Cheechoo had only played 46 games at that point so he was eligible for another PTO which, if my understanding of how they work is correct, will last until he plays his 50th game of the season.

Last edited by a moderator: