• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ron has earned another year. Last night was soul crushing, but the culture has definitely changed. We rarely get blown out. I've yet to see any of his teams quit on him in a game or a season.

Just finished coming off of a 6-1-1 heater with no QB. Right or wrong he tried to get Russ. Offered the Lions more for Stafford than the Rams did. The Wentz thing was Dan imo.

I am in no way ready to say he is the long term answer. He coached in a Superbowl. Jay never did that. Marty never did that. Spurrier never did that. Zorn never did that. Norv never did that.

I think he's earned next year. After that............
Those coaches you mention didn't have this kind of talent either. Our offense is loaded yet, we continue to not score and lose very winnable games.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those coaches you mention didn't have this kind of talent either. Our offense is loaded yet, we continue to not score and lose very winnable games.
Some of those coaches had QBs though. Kirk....Brad. Ron is trying to win in a QB league without a QB. Marty had Bernie and Trent.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR and crew need to go. You can’t come into a playoff game, after a bye, at home, and be so excessively unprepared to win against a team that you are better than. Every year, we seem to be unprepared after the bye week.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams need good backup olinemen too. Charles played relatively well when he played as far as I can recall.
I agree. Teams need good backups. Charles played in a total of 11 games his first 2 years starting 4. This year he's at least on pace to play in all 16. Given the state of the OL though. It'd be nice imo if the highest drafted OL in the RR Era was a better than serviceable back up on a shitty pass blocking OL on a good day.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chase going to make his debut against my Niners?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ron has earned another year. Last night was soul crushing, but the culture has definitely changed. We rarely get blown out. I've yet to see any of his teams quit on him in a game or a season.

Just finished coming off of a 6-1-1 heater with no QB. Right or wrong he tried to get Russ. Offered the Lions more for Stafford than the Rams did. The Wentz thing was Dan imo.

I am in no way ready to say he is the long term answer. He coached in a Superbowl. Jay never did that. Marty never did that. Spurrier never did that. Zorn never did that. Norv never did that.

I think he's earned next year. After that............
RR the HC isn't terrible. RR the GM on the other-hand......that is where the real issue is. He clearly, at least imo, doesn't put much value in the OL or LBs n it shows, particularly in the OL. Holcomb getting injured hurt the defense. Bostic did OK as a back up, but he shouldn't be the first n only option if a starting LB goes down.

The OL pass blocking-wise was/is terrible and Turner's play-calling amplified the issue. That said.

Until the selling of the team happens, if it happens at all. The Skins are in a kinda limbo and if Snyder isn't completely severed from the team. They could bring back Vince Lombardi to coach n not much would change.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR the HC isn't terrible. RR the GM on the other-hand......that is where the real issue is. He clearly, at least imo, doesn't put much value in the OL or LBs n it shows, particularly in the OL. Holcomb getting injured hurt the defense. Bostic did OK as a back up, but he shouldn't be the first n only option if a starting LB goes down.

The OL pass blocking-wise was/is terrible and Turner's play-calling amplified the issue. That said.

Until the selling of the team happens, if it happens at all. The Skins are in a kinda limbo and if Snyder isn't completely severed from the team. They could bring back Vince Lombardi to coach n not much would change.
I'm not a "Ron guy" but I'm not as down on him as everyone else. We are literally a QB, RT, and maybe a G away from competing for a SuperBowl. Changing course right now save Bezos buying the team and bringing in Payton, I'm good.

Culture has changed. We have adults on the team. We don't get blown out. We don't quit in-game or in-season.

If Sean Payton is on deck, I'll pack Ron's stuff for him. Other than that, gambling on a young coordinator with a roster this close doesn’t work for me right now. I could be wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a "Ron guy" but I'm not as down on him as everyone else. We are literally a QB, RT, and maybe a G away from competing for a SuperBowl. Changing course right now save Bezos buying the team and bringing in Payton, I'm good.

Culture has changed. We have adults on the team. We don't get blown out. We don't quit in-game or in-season.

If Sean Payton is on deck, I'll pack Ron's stuff for him. Other than that, gambling on a young coordinator with a roster this close doesn’t work for me right now. I could be wrong.
can RR take us to and win a superbowl . if yes keep him , if no then bye . if i am a new owner i want my guys

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm, I dunno, I think the OL needs more than a RT and maybe a G. Among a few more positions, they need 5 to 7 players that can stay injury-free for a season. Didn't Collingsworth say the OL was on it's 9th different starting line up this season.

And while the culture may've changed one thing still seems to be present. That being if Snyder isn't part of the known management team. He hires 1 man to be the GM/HC who's secretly willing to take the bullet for an undercover Snyder move. That seems to be the case far as A) RR starting Haskins (who was a Snyder pick) when he clearly wasn't ready to be a starter and later that season proved wasn't ready to be a back up either, And 2 curious aspects involving point B) trading for Wentz. While RR continues to say that this was his move n his alone there's been too smoke saying it was really a Snyder play. And ythe most curious thing to me is. RR continuing to play Taylor. If Wentz was truly a RR play why is Tayl;or still playing? Don't get me wrong, while trhis belief continues to fade away, I do think Taylor is aa better option right now than Wentz is. But I'm not one who says he traded for Wentz or mysteriously n not too wisely decided to pay his full 28 million dollar salary for the year. Cuz lets face, whatever luster Taylor had is quickly fading n if I were HC and had traded supposedly for my guy to be the starting QB. You'd think that guy would be the starting QB.

So here we are once again, another season with a team more resembling an afternoon soap opera than a professional football team. Maybe the culture hasn't changed all that much.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can RR take us to and win a superbowl . if yes keep him , if no then bye . if i am a new owner i want my guys
Ron has proven he can get a team there and if Cam jumps on the football Ron might have a ring.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron has proven he can get a team there and if Cam jumps on the football Ron might have a ring.
Again it didn’t happen as far as Cam goes . so you think he can do it again with this team ?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I dunno, I think the OL needs more than a RT and maybe a G. Among a few more positions, they need 5 to 7 players that can stay injury-free for a season. Didn't Collingsworth say the OL was on it's 9th different starting line up this season.

And while the culture may've changed one thing still seems to be present. That being if Snyder isn't part of the known management team. He hires 1 man to be the GM/HC who's secretly willing to take the bullet for an undercover Snyder move. That seems to be the case far as A) RR starting Haskins (who was a Snyder pick) when he clearly wasn't ready to be a starter and later that season proved wasn't ready to be a back up either, And 2 curious aspects involving point B) trading for Wentz. While RR continues to say that this was his move n his alone there's been too smoke saying it was really a Snyder play. And ythe most curious thing to me is. RR continuing to play Taylor. If Wentz was truly a RR play why is Tayl;or still playing? Don't get me wrong, while trhis belief continues to fade away, I do think Taylor is aa better option right now than Wentz is. But I'm not one who says he traded for Wentz or mysteriously n not too wisely decided to pay his full 28 million dollar salary for the year. Cuz lets face, whatever luster Taylor had is quickly fading n if I were HC and had traded supposedly for my guy to be the starting QB. You'd think that guy would be the starting QB.

So here we are once again, another season with a team more resembling an afternoon soap opera than a professional football team. Maybe the culture hasn't changed all that much.
Solid post. I will say draft a RT or sign Conklin from Cleveland to play on that side. Kick Cosmi inside to RG, give Roullier another shot, draft a guard in the 2nd or 3rd and Leno is good enough.

I think Ron should get props for moving on from Haskins as fast as he did. Remember he took a lot of shit from the media for that.

Taylor has the locker room, so as long as he's winning, Ron's hands are tied. Ron has already admitted he was about to bench Taylor until he led that scoring drive after the half.

Dan wanted Wentz, but Ron was smart enough not to extend him. Remember Dan wanted Alex and Bruce went and gave Alex the bag. Ron was smart enough not to do that.

Tried like hell to get Stafford. Lucked out that Russ felt he was too good for us. Ron has tried to fill the position and once he does we might have something.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it didn’t happen as far as Cam goes . so you think he can do it again with this team ?
Not sure. Under the current ownership can anyone? Mike Shanahan had two rings and flamed out here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Under the current ownership can anyone? Mike Shanahan had two rings and flamed out here.
well we are talking about a new owner arent we ?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR and crew need to go. You can’t come into a playoff game, after a bye, at home, and be so excessively unprepared to win against a team that you are better than. Every year, we seem to be unprepared after the bye week.
It appears they took the whole week off returning the following Monday concerned with injuries, not game planning for a familiar opponent. A very lack luster undisciplined performance by a team coming off a bye week but hey, let's make excuses for the L.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we are talking about a new owner arent we ?
I mean we just came off of a 6-1-1 heater with and XFL QB. If everyone feels firing Ron is the answer, I guess that puts me in the minority of the fanbase.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to dans testimony at the clown show, Hurney is the one that actually went after Wentz

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We finally have a quarterback."

~Dan Snyder

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really an RR guy either but this team is a QB and a two or three OLineman away from being very good.