• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charlie Strong: "we're going to streamroll everyone. "

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has won the same number of national championships as Texas has in the past 10 years

Yeah, but has your coach fucked married women and gotten away with it?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly easy for people to laugh, easy to say he wont do it.

Let's look at a few facts people don't want to look at: CS has had two recruiting classes, and they are both very good classes. He walked into a shit storm, a AD who's job was to cut everything and shake the department up. The players he walked into the situation with were bad, with a handful of exceptions. Most importantly, the experienced QB was knocked out of football entirely right off the bat. That alone, combined with the fact Mack had completely botched the QB situation (along with the OL situation) meant they were not going to win games.

He's had TWO recruiting classes, the first producing three Freshman ALL Americans.

This class, he got the top QB in the state, and he enrolled early. At worst, he'll be a competent backup this year.

He was given schedules that were some of the toughest in the nation: if he had Baylor's schedules, and didn't have to start the year in South Bend, it would have been a little easier.

I'm going to enjoy the next couple of years, and I wont even say "I told you so"... okay, I will say it. Loudly, more than likely.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Stoops has singlehandedly cost us at least a dozen losses since he came back. But he's golden as long as Big Brother is the HC. People act shocked that we lose to poor teams like Texas but if they just had a realistic attitude they would notice a long trend of these losses to teams we should have beaten because our defense didn't get off the bus. And nothing will change this year. You can bet we will lose a game or two because someone lights us up while Mike is having a conniption fit in the press box.

this is an old story on this topic, but interesting. It hammers OU for not following the Case rules. I am not sure it is so much that the defense did not get off the field, but the fact that they did not game plan to stop Texas from doign the 1 or 2 things they are capable of doing.

The Case Rules - Why Observant & Talentless Trumps Stubborn and Talented; How To Defend Texas with Case McCoy

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports out of Austin indicate that Charlie just steamrolled someone.

Her name is Cindi. She's a married mother of three.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly easy for people to laugh, easy to say he wont do it.

Let's look at a few facts people don't want to look at: CS has had two recruiting classes, and they are both very good classes. He walked into a shit storm, a AD who's job was to cut everything and shake the department up. The players he walked into the situation with were bad, with a handful of exceptions. Most importantly, the experienced QB was knocked out of football entirely right off the bat. That alone, combined with the fact Mack had completely botched the QB situation (along with the OL situation) meant they were not going to win games.

He's had TWO recruiting classes, the first producing three Freshman ALL Americans.

This class, he got the top QB in the state, and he enrolled early. At worst, he'll be a competent backup this year.

He was given schedules that were some of the toughest in the nation: if he had Baylor's schedules, and didn't have to start the year in South Bend, it would have been a little easier.

I'm going to enjoy the next couple of years, and I wont even say "I told you so"... okay, I will say it. Loudly, more than likely.
Fair points but Texas has always brought in top notch talent with not a ton of legitimate results. Recruiting will always be any programs bloodline, but at some point it strictly becomes about what you do on the field.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points but Texas has always brought in top notch talent with not a ton of legitimate results. Recruiting will always be any programs bloodline, but at some point it strictly becomes about what you do on the field.

that's true. My point is, his two classes will be freshmen and sophomores this year. I'm looking for better results starting this year, better next year, etc.

Thus, the results on the field from two young classes can only begin this year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but people that follow the program know how bad the the late Mack Brown classes turned out. Most of the those classes were just complete disasters. Rankings are nice, but attrition and out-right poor evaluation happened at an alarming rate

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's true. My point is, his two classes will be freshmen and sophomores this year. I'm looking for better results starting this year, better next year, etc.

Thus, the results on the field from two young classes can only begin this year.

Oklahoma has been recruiting much better in the trenches recently. Texas isn't the only team expected to improve in areas of deficiency.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about CS, is he can evaluate and develop talent-he has a proven track record and a bunch of NFL players to prove it.

Just read that in their last practice, they ran 70 plays in 10 minutes.

Yes, we are going to steamroll some people, starting at some point this year. Bookmark it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but people that follow the program know how bad the the late Mack Brown classes turned out. Most of the those classes were just complete disasters. Rankings are nice, but attrition and out-right poor evaluation happened at an alarming rate

this is true. Look at the last few senior classes. Look at the current senior class.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about CS, is he can evaluate and develop talent-he has a proven track record and a bunch of NFL players to prove it.

Yes, we are going to steamroll some people, starting at some point this year. Bookmark it.

upload_2016-3-23_13-17-59.jpeg

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I know. I'm on the cool aid again. :L

but I think I've got the timing correct this year. :thumb:

I mean it's got to happen before I leave this earth, so I'm doing all I can to speed this train up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I know. I'm on the cool aid again. :L

but I think I've got the timing correct this year. :thumb:

I mean it's got to happen before I leave this earth, so I'm doing all I can to speed this train up.

Its the preseason, every team is undefeated. Every new starter is killing it. Hope springs eternal.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kansas. You've been warned.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Strong is just going all in because he knows no matter what if they don't have a good season he is done for.

Nothing to lose.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ol' Charlie doesn't plan on getting shut out by Iowa St. this year?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an old story on this topic, but interesting. It hammers OU for not following the Case rules. I am not sure it is so much that the defense did not get off the field, but the fact that they did not game plan to stop Texas from doign the 1 or 2 things they are capable of doing.

The Case Rules - Why Observant & Talentless Trumps Stubborn and Talented; How To Defend Texas with Case McCoy

How dare we mortals ever question Mike Stoops. But I will say this: when we have an employee who under performs the way Stoops does he/she is let go and replaced. That's why I don't hire family in sensitive jobs that might affect an entire organization. I need the ability to make a hard choice about terminating someone without being concerned I'll have to sit at the same Thanksgiving table with them.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domination = 1-1 with a 7 point win. Got it.

C'mon now, even you boys know damn well ya'll had no business winning in Charlie's 1st year, hence the reason ya'll didn't run your mouths that much on this board after that game. Last year was pure domination as well, we just didn't have the offense to run up 60 + pts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now, even you boys know damn well ya'll had no business winning in Charlie's 1st year, hence the reason ya'll didn't run your mouths that much on this board after that game. Last year was pure domination as well, we just didn't have the offense to run up 60 + pts.

Doesn't matter. You can't claim pure domination when you lose. Hell, you can't claim "domination" on a 7 point. You can say they physically outplayed them without a doubt. Physically manhandled? Sure. But any 7 point win is not domination.