• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chargers vs. 49ers

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when they'll make the switch to Santa Clara 49ers? No ties to SF anymore.

Around the same time the Jets and Giants change to New Jersey, Buffalo changed to Orchard Park, and Dallas switches to Arlington.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully raft drive will give Gabbert some confidence. He looked horrible before it. Defense and special teams are solid to this point

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH no's not Marcus Martin I was sure it would be a guy somewhere down the depth chart not our potential starting safety so late in the game.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncle Rico our number QB? Just saying....

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its starting to look like Romo is going to throw 45 times and we should grab 3 of them. The offense will need to score enough! Go 49ers!!

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, this board has become a ghost town. Those of us remaining ought to make an effort to post more.

Our o-line better get it together or we are in trouble. Kap about got killed, any of those shots could take him out and then we are toast. Lets hope we get boone and davis back soon.

Hyde looks like the real deal and that is fantastic. Gore just cannot go much longer, and he will be better off with fewer carries to boot.

I think if Kap connects on that throw to macdonald the offense looks a lot better. That would have given them some mo and put the defense on its heals.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like how we look. we need Boone back.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like how we look. we need Boone back.

One of the 49er beat writers stated this morning that the sum of Boone's fines are approaching his salary. Don't know if this is true but it seems like he is passing the point of no return.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the 49er beat writers stated this morning that the sum of Boone's fines are approaching his salary. Don't know if this is true but it seems like he is passing the point of no return.

Teams sometimes compromise by waiving fines but not changing the contract (or if so, just moving pay early). Even if the fines are waived, if they don't change the deal, he just lost preparation time and gave his backup more reps and goodwill (a non-holdout until you do).

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax guys. It's not that you're bad this year. It's just that the Chargers have finally once again assembled a god squad and there's not a team on the west coast who compares. :)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the o-line looks horrible, what is wrong with Itaupi is he hurt or just reverted to complete shit
I missed the game but have been hearing that he was not up to the challenge after his injury. Is that what you guys saw or was is something else?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this board has become a ghost town. Those of us remaining ought to make an effort to post more.

Our o-line better get it together or we are in trouble. Kap about got killed, any of those shots could take him out and then we are toast. Lets hope we get boone and davis back soon.

Hyde looks like the real deal and that is fantastic. Gore just cannot go much longer, and he will be better off with fewer carries to boot.

I think if Kap connects on that throw to macdonald the offense looks a lot better. That would have given them some mo and put the defense on its heals.
And I hope you will for the bolded part. Hyde is the real deal .I like that kid. Mac is a good back-up TE and will make the roster. The 9ers O-line has some things to works out but I feel will be ready for the season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

but this is really the main (not only) problem, Kaep isn't as sharp a passer as we need. yes, if he completes a few more passes like these - each game - big difference. big difference for D and ST, as well as O. this isn't to say Kaep is totally bad, but we're in SB mode and that requires better passing.

there were a few complete 'Iupati' breakdowns, so that isn't on Kaep. but when there is time, we need more crucial completions. with the no contact rule being enforced, we can't take advantage of it without accuracy.