• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Announcement is in ..........

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 10Htownrebs. Yesterday when I mentioned the other teams in the top 10 below the Bearcats all have at least two losses (except N.D. obviously) he mentioned something about SoS. So I guess that 4th CFB playoff spot should have been filled by a team with a better SoS than Cincy regardless of how many losses a team has.
Forget the losses for a minute. No team below them has a TRUE ROAD victory against a top 10 opponent. Maybe if P5 schools weren't too busy dodging high quality ooc games, someone else would have their spot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the losses for a minute. No team below them has a TRUE road victory against a top 10 opponent. Maybe if P5 schools weren't too busy dodging high quality ooc games, someone else would have their spot.

I just find the argument against Cincy in the CFP laughable. They belong there this season. But the fairy tale season ends in a couple of weeks when they get a reality check from Bama.

Whatever happens in that game it shouldn't diminish what the Bearcats accomplished. And I think Fickell should be national COY for getting a G5 team into a playoff that's clearly supposed to be for the P5 programs only.

And I think had Okie State not come up a few inches short in the Big XII title game they would have gotten in instead.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Poll Total points by Conference

2015 - SEC #3 with 3432 poll points. B1G #1 with 4996 poll points.
2016 - SEC #4 with 3190 poll points. B1G #1 with 4403 poll points.
2017 - SEC #2 with 4619 poll points. B1G #1 with 4833 poll points.
2018 - SEC #1 with 6159 poll points. B1G #2 with 3005 poll points.
2019 - SEC #1 with 5982 poll points. B1G #2 with 5466 poll points.
2020 - SEC #1 with 4757 poll points. B1G #2 with 3710 poll points.

Total - SEC avg rnk 2.0, B1G avg rnk 1.5.

Total # of teams - SEC = 30. B1G = 30.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find the argument against Cincy in the CFP laughable. They belong there this season. But the fairy tale season ends in a couple of weeks when they get a reality check from Bama.

I agree with your first and second sentences. Not so sure I agree about your 3rd sentence. I think Cincy just may be able to hang with Bama. Might not win, but I don't see a blowout coming. If the line remains 13.5-14 I might just put some money down on Cincy to finish closer than that?
Whatever happens in that game it shouldn't diminish what the Bearcats accomplished. And I think Fickell should be national COY for getting a G5 team into a playoff that's clearly supposed to be for the P5 programs only.
Well, I'll wait to see how Notre Dame does vs a ranked team in their bowl game and how Cincy handles playing a team like Bama before I go crowning Cincy as anything more than WMU under Fleck or Miami of Ohio with Rothlisberger or UCF, etc..
And I think had Okie State not come up a few inches short in the Big XII title game they would have gotten in instead.
That would have been a shame as I don't think either Baylor or Okie St deserved to be in the playoffs, although I only saw that game so my opinion is based on too small a sample to mean much. I was hoping Cincy would lose to Houston so no G5 team would ever get into the cfp, but after watching that Houston/Cincy game, I think Cincy really is a good team and deserves a shot, they might surprise us all? Cfb probably needs to be shaken up as UC beating Bama would do.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your first and second sentences. Not so sure I agree about your 3rd sentence. I think Cincy just may be able to hang with Bama. Might not win, but I don't see a blowout coming. If the line remains 13.5-14 I might just put some money down on Cincy to finish closer than that?

Well, I'll wait to see how Notre Dame does vs a ranked team in their bowl game and how Cincy handles playing a team like Bama before I go crowning Cincy as anything more than WMU under Fleck or Miami of Ohio with Rothlisberger or UCF, etc..

That would have been a shame as I don't think either Baylor or Okie St deserved to be in the playoffs, although I only saw that game so my opinion is based on too small a sample to mean much. I was hoping Cincy would lose to Houston so no G5 team would ever get into the cfp, but after watching that Houston/Cincy game, I think Cincy really is a good team and deserves a shot, they might surprise us all? Cfb probably needs to be shaken up as UC beating Bama would do.

I hope Cincy does hang with Bama.

I'm still very surprised N.D. named Freeman HC. He's never been a HC anywhere. Irish are taking a big gamble with this hire. He's a former Buckeye so I hope he's successful.

I'm glad a little guy crashed the party. This is just another reason to expand the playoff. Four playoff spots isn't enough. And however you respond don't try to bring Ohio State into this thinking I'm saying 8 teams so they could have gotten in this year. They had no business in the CFP, the D is terrible.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Cincy does hang with Bama.

I'm still very surprised N.D. named Freeman HC. He's never been a HC anywhere. Irish are taking a big gamble with this hire. He's a former Buckeye so I hope he's successful.

I'm glad a little guy crashed the party. This is just another reason to expand the playoff. Four playoff spots isn't enough. And however you respond don't try to bring Ohio State into this thinking I'm saying 8 teams so they could have gotten in this year. They had no business in the CFP, the D is terrible.
Dude, I don't object to things you say when what you say makes sense, lol. I'm basically in total agreement with all in this post. I was also surprised by ND's picking Freeman, but the players seem to like him and hiring him could stabilize a situation that is not so bad right now?

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep dreaming. Neither one of those teams would be in the CFP if they played in the SEC. SEC = Superior to Everyone Conference.

This is proof that when your team sucks so bad, you have hang your hat on the conference...

Last edited:

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did the 12-team this year it would look something like this (top-4 spots to the highest ranked conference champions)...
(1)Alabama (12-1)*
(2)Michigan (12-1)*
(3)Cincinnati (13-0)*
(4)Baylor (11-2)*

(5)Georgia (12-1) v (12)Pitt (11-2)*---winner v (4)Baylor
(6)Notre Dame (11-1) v (11)Utah (10-3)*---winner v (3)Cincinnati
(7)Ohio St (10-2) v (10)Michigan St (10-2)---winner v (2)Michigan
(8)Ole Miss (10-2) v (9)Oklahoma St (11-2)---winner v (1)Alabama

Not a fan, but it'd be better than just four. I prefer 8.
(*)conference champion

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it will unfortunately... If they get blown out, a G5 will never be considered to play for a national championship again. Until expansion at least and that's a maybe even with expansion. Which is bulls*** because it has been mass blowouts in the semis. But that's just the way it is.

Imagine a program having to shoulder the weight of 65 other small programs. Not only the present, but also defending those great Boise State, UCF, TCU, Utah teams that never got the chance from the past.

Its heavy for just a sport. Especially for 18, 19, 20 year old kids. Luckily, they have a coach that's all about focus. If it was humanly possible, they shouldn't even watch TV or listen to the radio until game day. But the sh*t is everywhere.

Just pray for them :yahoo:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it will unfortunately... If they get blown out, a G5 will never be considered to play for a national championship again. Until expansion at least and that's a maybe even with expansion. Which is bulls*** because it has been mass blowouts in the semis. But that's just the way it is.

Imagine a program having to shoulder the weight of 65 other small programs. Not only the present, but also defending those great Boise State, UCF, TCU, Utah teams that never got the chance from the past.

Its heavy for just a sport. Especially for 18, 19, 20 year old kids. Luckily, they have a coach that's all about focus. If it was humanly possible, they shouldn't even watch TV or listen to the radio until game day. But the sh*t is everywhere.

Just pray for them :yahoo:

Yeah you're right. If Cincy gets blown it's gonna be a bad look for all G5 teams in the future as far as getting into the playoff. It was more wishful thinking on my part.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're right. If Cincy gets blown it's gonna be a bad look for all G5 teams in the future as far as getting into the playoff. It was more wishful thinking on my part.
I honestly don't believe Cincy will get blown out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe Cincy will get blown out.

I hope you're right. But after what Bama did to Georgia in the SEC title game it's not looking good for the Bearcats.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for an Ohio State/N.D. bowl game. Thought it would have made an interesting storyline if Freeman's first game as Irish HC was against his alma mater.
It would have but his first regular season game is at Ohio State next year so that is something.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did the 12-team this year it would look something like this (top-4 spots to the highest ranked conference champions)...
(1)Alabama (12-1)*
(2)Michigan (12-1)*
(3)Cincinnati (13-0)*
(4)Baylor (11-2)*

(5)Georgia (12-1) v (12)Pitt (11-2)*---winner v (4)Baylor
(6)Notre Dame (11-1) v (11)Utah (10-3)*---winner v (3)Cincinnati
(7)Ohio St (10-2) v (10)Michigan St (10-2)---winner v (2)Michigan
(8)Ole Miss (10-2) v (9)Oklahoma St (11-2)---winner v (1)Alabama

Not a fan, but it'd be better than just four. I prefer 8.
(*)conference champion

I'm okay with 12 or 8, obviously 12 helps Notre Dame more being independent.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lines are out:
UGA (-7),
Bama (-13.5)

UGA didn't look real athletic on O yesterday. And Bama's OL kept their front 7 at bay. Michigan is ok on both lines, I don't mind their chances there. They do have to get better play out of their QB, though. Cincy is a long shot, but typically the way to beat one of Nick's teams in a bowl game is to get out in front quick.
You mean the way Georgia usually does when they meet up with Bama in a high-profile game? How many times has that worked out?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have but his first regular season game is at Ohio State next year so that is something.

Well damn. Didn't realize Ohio State opens next season with Notre Dame.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn. Didn't realize Ohio State opens next season with Notre Dame.
It should be a fun game, Notre Dame is young this year so they should have a lot of players back.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a fun game, Notre Dame is young this year so they should have a lot of players back.

Tickets will probably be tough to get. And I hope it's a good game.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Ole Miss fan talking about SOS? lol Name me the last time an Ole Miss team scheduled a quality ooc opponent?
That's laughable that a Minnesota fan would challenge anybody about playing a quality OOC opponent. The Gophers have played only 3 Power-5 OOC opponents in the last 5 full seasons - all of them perennial cellar-dwellers. The Rebels have faced at least one in each of those seasons, along with a number of games against decent backyard rivals like Memphis. And that's on top of playing Alabama, Auburn, LSU & Texas A&M every season.