• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Announcement is in ..........

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what I already did? USC, TCU, Syracuse, Col St, Fresno St, Oregon St. I'm looking back at Ole Miss's ooc matchups and I am NOT impressed. Troy, Idaho, Presbyterian, Tenn-Martin, Louisiana-Layf, Southern Alabama, Woffard, SE Missouri St, Memphis, that's 13 games over a 5 year period. Texas, Boise St, FSU and Fresno St are all you can claim over those 5 years. I'd put UMn up vs Ole Miss any and every year and come out ahead more often than not. UT's always overrated. TCU and USC were both rated when UMn played them. As was FSU. Can Ole Miss claim that? I doubt it.
I guess you forgot that Minnesota has played the likes of Indiana St., Colorado St., Buffalo, MTSU, New Mexico St., Miami-OH, South Dakota St., Georgia Southern & Bowling Green, Huh? I will give you credit for scheduling Fresno St. since they are occasionally pretty good, but playing two MAC teams in one season is not a good look, even if other Big-10 teams sometimes do the same thing.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 25 teams produced in the 6 years from 2015-2020.

SEC = 30
B1G = 30

Bama is superior to everyone, the rest of the SEC is pretty average.
Pretty close, but not totally accurate. In the past 8 years Alabama has lost 10 games. 7 were to other SEC teams, 2 to Clemson, 1 to Ohio St. The SEC has had 10 teams in the playoffs in 8 years (represented by 3 schools). Only once did one of those schools fail to make the championship game. In 2017 two SEC schools played for the National title, and both of them had lost a regular season game to fellow member, Auburn.

During that same period, the Big 10 has placed teams in the playoffs 6 times, representing 3 schools, and has produced one champion & one runner-up. And this season is yet to finish playing out.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you forgot that Minnesota has played the likes of Indiana St., Colorado St., Buffalo, MTSU, New Mexico St., Miami-OH, South Dakota St., Georgia Southern & Bowling Green, Huh? I will give you credit for scheduling Fresno St. since they are occasionally pretty good, but playing two MAC teams in one season is not a good look, even if other Big-10 teams sometimes do the same thing.
I didn't forget anything. But I do know about google and it's not hard to look up other team's schedules. Austin Peay, NMSU, SIU, Kent St, Louisiana-Monroe, S Alabama, WOFFORD, Tenn-Martin, Louisiana-Lafayette, Idaho, SE Missouri St, Troy, Tulane, UTEP are most of the teams one of your SEC giants played in the ooc, and I didn't mention any of the FCS teams they played or...

PRESBYTERIAN???

Oh, but they played Pac juggernaut Cali, and Memphis, yeah, Memphis known world wide for it's college FOOTBALL??? Yet Memphis accounted for half of the ranked teams played in the ooc for this team? Never meant to claim UMn played a totally hardcore ooc schedule, just that this Mississippi team doesn't have any right to call any other teams out.

You mentioned in conference competition? The B1G West has produced 37 teams getting votes in the AP poll in the last 12 seasons. That is at least 3 a year. 4 this year, all Top 30. Four in 2016 as well. Got to go back to 2011 to only find 2. 21 Top 25s. 28 Top 30s. Only the B1G East and SEC West has produced more, so the B1G West aren't slouches. The SEC West is better, granted, but it's not as big of a difference as your SEC bias would tell you it is.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't forget anything. But I do know about google and it's not hard to look up other team's schedules. Austin Peay, NMSU, SIU, Kent St, Louisiana-Monroe, S Alabama, WOFFORD, Tenn-Martin, Louisiana-Lafayette, Idaho, SE Missouri St, Troy, Tulane, UTEP are most of the teams one of your SEC giants played in the ooc, and I didn't mention any of the FCS teams they played or...

PRESBYTERIAN???

Oh, but they played Pac juggernaut Cali, and Memphis, yeah, Memphis known world wide for it's college FOOTBALL??? Yet Memphis accounted for half of the ranked teams played in the ooc for this team? Never meant to claim UMn played a totally hardcore ooc schedule, just that this Mississippi team doesn't have any right to call any other teams out.

You mentioned in conference competition? The B1G West has produced 37 teams getting votes in the AP poll in the last 12 seasons. That is at least 3 a year. 4 this year, all Top 30. Four in 2016 as well. Got to go back to 2011 to only find 2. 21 Top 25s. 28 Top 30s. Only the B1G East and SEC West has produced more, so the B1G West aren't slouches. The SEC West is better, granted, but it's not as big of a difference as your SEC bias would tell you it is.
The Big 10 West currently has one team ranked in the Top 25. The SEC West has four. It doesn't matter how many were briefly ranked during the regular season.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 10 West currently has one team ranked in the Top 25. The SEC West has four. It doesn't matter how many were briefly ranked during the regular season.
Season's not over dude. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Purdue are all among the Top 30 vote getters and bowl game wins could easily move 2 or 3 of them up into the Top 25 and both Texas A&M at #25 and Arkansas could lose and drop out. A&M's playing a pretty good team and most likely will be considered the underdog, and Arkansas should be the favorite in their game vs PSU which means a big drop if they blow it and lose.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACT same # of Top 25 teams produced by B1G and SEC from 2015-2020.

That's POST bowl games.
Yep, the two conferences had the same # of ranked teams at the end of the bowls and the SEC is ONLY Alabama.
I just have one tiny question, how did the 30 teams fare in the Bowls?

Big Ten: 30 ranked teams, 30 Bowl Games, 17W- 13L (1 Did not play). In games of ranked Big Ten teams vs all ranked opponents the Big Ten was 10-12 and the ranked Big Ten teams vs unranked opponents the Big Ten was 7-1. But, in games between ranked Big Ten teams and ranked SEC teams the Big Ten teams were 2-6. In games where Big Ten was ranked vs unranked SEC the Big Ten teams were 3W - 1L. Overall, the ranked Big Ten teams were 5-7 vs the SEC. Rankings are AFTER the Bowl Games

SEC: 30 ranked teams, 37 Bowl Games, 27W- 10L If we remove the Alabama vs Georgia game then the number of bowls is 35 with a record of 26W-9L. In games of ranked SEC teams vs all NON SEC ranked opponents the SEC teams were 21-9. In games between ranked SEC teams and unranked opponents the SEC was ranked 5-0. But in the games between ranked Big Ten teams and ranked SEC teams the SEC was 6-2. In games between the ranked SEC and unranked Big Ten teams the SEC was 2-0. Overall the ranked SEC teams were 8-2 vs the Big Ten teams. Rankings are AFTER the Bowl Games