• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB posters off season Fishing THREAD

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know there is a fishing forum. Posting this thread here for a while to gain traction. Then we can move it to fishing forum if people are bothered by it. For now, lets leave it here.

Steelhead fishing is red hot right now on the Nestucca out here in Oregon. I had a stretch last week of 7 in 4 days. Also hooked into a Spawning Chinook way up river. Red as a lobster he was. Fought pretty good. 22-25 lbs. Of course released him.

The Steelhead have been beautys..... Lots of keeper fin clipped. And even better some really nice natives. (release mandatory)

Got out in the Dory to do a little Ocean fishing 3 or 4 times this winter. Crab pots (dungeness) have been packed every time so far. We harvested 64 in a week.

Anxiously awaiting going out for Halibut. And August cant get here soon enough for the annual Alabacore run.

What yall been up to out there?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went deep sea fishing during Bamas bye week in Pensacola. Got a shit ton of grouper and amberjack. If u want a fuckin workout go deep sea fishing it will ware you out.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to get some snapper here ... my wife told me to get back over on my side of the bed! :whistle:

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had half a can of tuna with my oats this morning.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be another month here before the Crappie are catchable. In the waters I fish they are holding around 35' deep in a lockjaw 45 degree temperature. Once the thermocline moves to 20' I will be dangling some jigs in front their mouths.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 degrees outside. Too cold to be fishing and shit...

Catfish or GTFO

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going this weekend...

species-crappie-fish.jpg

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ice fishing

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ice fishing

going to watch this vid now. This is a bucket list thing to do for me. Looks like an awesome experience.

Those fishing shacks on the ice with a little stove, a few coolies, a nice lunch, sounds like an unbelievably good time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to watch this vid now. This is a bucket list thing to do for me. Looks like an awesome experience.

Those fishing shacks on the ice with a little stove, a few coolies, a nice lunch, sounds like an unbelievably good time.

I have a buddy who has a fleet of ice houses on Devils Lake. Gas heat, satellite TV, wireless internet, Stereo and sleeping bunks. Rented by the day, they have room for 2-10 fishermen. I try to go up there every year.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know there is a fishing forum. Posting this thread here for a while to gain traction. Then we can move it to fishing forum if people are bothered by it. For now, lets leave it here.

Steelhead fishing is red hot right now on the Nestucca out here in Oregon. I had a stretch last week of 7 in 4 days. Also hooked into a Spawning Chinook way up river. Red as a lobster he was. Fought pretty good. 22-25 lbs. Of course released him.

The Steelhead have been beautys..... Lots of keeper fin clipped. And even better some really nice natives. (release mandatory)

Got out in the Dory to do a little Ocean fishing 3 or 4 times this winter. Crab pots (dungeness) have been packed every time so far. We harvested 64 in a week.

Anxiously awaiting going out for Halibut. And August cant get here soon enough for the annual Alabacore run.

What yall been up to out there?

Know those "lower holes" well on the Big Nestucca Mamba, just above the tide water to Hebo. Caught many a "Rainbow Buster" in those waters...Ya got me thinking again, that's a good thing.

Come early May, head up to River Mill dam and fish below the dam on the Estacada side. I'll be the clown on the "BIG rock just above the lower tailout fishing for the summer run of steelies there.
:yahoo::suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to do my best on geting some pics. My phone isnt the best for posting pics on line. Try to take the ol ladies iphone. Maybe time to buy a lil dig camera.

Here is some pics of what we are fishing for now and the river where we get em.

early-winter-steelhead2.jpg

985363_com_nestuccari.jpg

Here are some pics from a couple of the local guides. Never used a guide in Oregon in my life. Fish are too easy to find as is. Used a guide in SoCal Ocean once. But that is it.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba I am heading to Flaming Gorge Utah in June to dry-fly for browns. May head up to the East Alsek (SE Alaska) to wet fly for Silvers in September.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know those "lower holes" well on the Big Nestucca Mamba, just above the tide water to Hebo. Caught many a "Rainbow Buster" in those waters...Ya got me thinking again, that's a good thing.

Come early May, head up to River Mill dam and fish below the dam on the Estacada side. I'll be the clown on the "BIG rock just above the lower tailout fishing for the summer run of steelies there.
:yahoo::suds:

got 2 out of the iron gate hole on 5 casts.

Pulled one out of the Elmer Skyberg hole and another monster out of the no parkem hole.

No parkem hole is a name my Dad and I came up with. SO that is probably a wtf is he talking about comment...:lol:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a buddy who has a fleet of ice houses on Devils Lake. Gas heat, satellite TV, wireless internet, Stereo and sleeping bunks. Rented by the day, they have room for 2-10 fishermen. I try to go up there every year.

That sounds like so much fun. Now is that in Nebraska right? Too bad Oregon didnt play them in January... lol

Anyways, that game @ Lincoln in a few years I am going to have to hit you up so you can tell me where to go fish. I am going to make a few days out of it. Have to buy an out of state liscense and get some fishing done there.

What do you fish in September there?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba I am heading to Flaming Gorge Utah in June to dry-fly for browns. May head up to the East Alsek (SE Alaska) to wet fly for Silvers in September.

Oh my.... Alaska Silvers....:drool:

I watch this local tv fishing show called hawg quest. They fish in Oregon, Wash, and Alaska. They had a boat of a boat 5 fishing and they literally couldnt keep the salmon off the line. They were using herring.... They even hooked into a Halibut..

unreal

[YOUTUBE]X5T-N42fkas[/YOUTUBE]