• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics..Brad Stevens might be OK

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Danny made a good move picking up Stevens as coach. Hows this for being a leader? The guy went down to Orlando summer league just to talk and meet with the players specifically Rondo. Establishing rapport is one of the first things he needed to do as a coach. He also spent time going over film to see where he could adjust to what the players are already comfortable doing while integrating his philosophy. Sounds like a good coach. You guys are lucky.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me while I hurl. :rolleyes2:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad they went in this direction rather then pick from the collective nba "talent". I am also intrigued on how the players in brooklyn will take to Kidd who was a player last year... that could be a train wreck..

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad they went in this direction rather then pick from the collective nba "talent". I am also intrigued on how the players in brooklyn will take to Kidd who was a player last year... that could be a train wreck..

That is odd isn't. How is KG and Pierce going to respect Kidd as a coach? There were some battles in the early 2000's between Kidd and Pierce. Should be interesting.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Brooklyn they are all grownups, passionate about winning. They will be fine.

As for Boston this guy is a free roll and a fall guy. There isn't much coaching talent in the NBA so why not try something new? If he turns out to be ok during your tanking season then you found a coach, if not you were probably firing this guy in 2 years anyways and you knew that when you hired him.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J-Kidd has to make this work. He wont make it on the outside of the NBA. He has tons of respect amongst the players in the league so I dont think that will be a problem but it is a valid concern.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for the Nets this year. So much respect for KG and PP