• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Celtics At Milwaukee Bucks, November 30,2013

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Laker fans no their is no guarantee & understand it's part of the game, but at least Lakers management has done a far better job then the Celtics over the past 32 years, but this is not about the Lakers or their fans, we are talking about Ainge here don't change the subject. I'm just clearly explaining to you that Ainge is just blowing smoke to Celtic fans. His a horrible GM...FACT!!

Your latest post is not consistent with your earlier one. In which you said there WAS such a guarantee.

You are a dreamer, not a realist.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your latest post is not consistent with your earlier one. In which you said there WAS such a guarantee.

You are a dreamer, not a realist.

Your comment is irrelevant, I think your comprehension is off, this is what i clearly stated ("And will it guarantee that you will win another title in the next 25 years ?? NO it wont") so yea i'm on topic & consistent with my opinions (nothing is guaranteed.)

So how i'm I dreamer ?? explain to me in clear detail for I have not said anything about whats going to bare fruit.

The only one here dreaming is you Believing in Ainge, but who knows ?? maybe you're right about him,but chances are Ainge will remain an idiot.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Boy, all your attempts to deflect energy to Danny to hide from the Lakers bungled trades and deals over the last few years may work with others, but not I. Those deals were done, live with the results, and be angry at the decision makers, not the messenger.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Boy, all your attempts to deflect energy to Danny to hide from the Lakers bungled trades and deals over the last few years may work with others, but not I. Those deals were done, live with the results, and be angry at the decision makers, not the messenger.

Wouldn't LALakersDREAMERboy24.7 fit a certain poster better than his current username?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahmsian. The LA posters on here are a loyal bunch and I respect them for that. If you go to their own teams threads inside sportshoopla many complain about all the LA management decisions. But on the main board, some, not all take a different position and get very defensive when someone else highlights the illogical planning, poor PR management, infighting and bad deals.

The Kobe one for me was the final step of complete lunacy. This just after begging for than trashing Dwight in the press, and after handing 8 picks away for nothing. For months I heard " we will have the money to sign two max players to go with Kobe". And then they gave the dude 25M a year.

Its turned into fun for me, and some are getting testy

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahmsian. The LA posters on here are a loyal bunch and I respect them for that. If you go to their own teams threads inside sportshoopla many complain about all the LA management decisions. But on the main board, some, not all take a different position and get very defensive when someone else highlights the illogical planning, poor PR management, infighting and bad deals.

The Kobe one for me was the final step of complete lunacy. This just after begging for than trashing Dwight in the press, and after handing 8 picks away for nothing. For months I heard " we will have the money to sign two max players to go with Kobe". And then they gave the dude 25M a year.

Its turned into fun for me, and some are getting testy

I don't doubt that their are intelligent, reasonable posters on the Laker board, but DREAMERboy24.7 does not seem to be one of them. Not to me anyway off what I've seen so far.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we were talking about Danny Ainge this is not about the Lakers or fans...I was not hiding any info on them or deflecting any bungled trades i didn't even talk about them until Brahmsian brought up the Lakers, when all i clearly said was that Ainge is a horrible GM. & to pretend he is great is pretty irrelevant IMO!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't LALakersDREAMERboy24.7 fit a certain poster better than his current username?

I asked how i'm i being a dreamboy ?? or are you just calling names now because i gave you my opinion on Ainge & you didn' t like it?? we are just talking basketball....deal with it Celtic future does look bleak & it has nothing to do with the Lakesr buddy.

If you want to change the topic about from Celtics to Lakers then okay, but we where not even talking about the Lakers.

Last edited by a moderator:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that their are intelligent, reasonable posters on the Laker board, but DREAMERboy24.7 does not seem to be one of them. Not to me anyway off what I've seen so far.

REally explain to me how in details please?? because not once did i say Lakers made a nice trade or signing that was superb...I have given pretty well explanation & opinions on laker management over the years & wether there good or bad. If you were to say Jim Buss is an idiot I would say of course he is because it's the truth thats being a realist not a dreamer...So if I say Ainge is horrible IMO I think a lot of Celtic fans would agree that are reasonable (nothing wrong with that) it's just using common sense. It's the same way as me knowing Lakers wont win another title for a long time..so how i'm I a dreamer ??

So please explain once again how i'm I not a reasonable poster ?? I would love to hear your explanation please & don't just assume or make shit up because i gave you an opinion on Ainge

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakerboy, I have given three distinct deals that the Lakers bungled into taking the team the wrong direction over the last 24months, which started after losing Chris Paul deal. Nash:Howard:Kobe/25

The lost eight picks, got nothing for Bynum, and they now eliminated the ability to sign two max players. They have only two picks as assets till 2019.

Please explain the deals/logic that has you forming this opinion.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Logic's doomsday scenario, Lakers won't be a contender for a number of years to come. Let's see which team positions itself to be a contender. I'll go with the Buss family over the: who owns the Celtics?? And their "savvy" GM Ainge.

You guys must be elated at not resigning both PP & KG....seems they're on their way to early retirement. I'll give a nod to management on those moves. Signing a no-name college coach to run a "storied" franchise though takes the cake, LOL.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-snip-

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAM, good feedback. So Lakerboy, Bam gave you one argument on Danny Ainge's bad moves, that is the hiring of young wizard Brad Stevens. So please list the other Danny Ainge blunders that will drag the team downwards in the years ahead.

1. Hiring of Brad Stevens

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Logic's doomsday scenario, Lakers won't be a contender for a number of years to come. Let's see which team positions itself to be a contender. I'll go with the Buss family over the: who owns the Celtics?? And their "savvy" GM Ainge.

You guys must be elated at not resigning both PP & KG....seems they're on their way to early retirement. I'll give a nod to management on those moves. Signing a no-name college coach to run a "storied" franchise though takes the cake, LOL.

Ainge doubtless did more than just check the new coach's reputation.

He was a smart player who would be able to read the clues he got while interviewing candidates personally.

I'm quite willing to trust his judgement on that kind of thing.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakerboy, I have given three distinct deals that the Lakers bungled into taking the team the wrong direction over the last 24months, which started after losing Chris Paul deal. Nash:Howard:Kobe/25

The lost eight picks, got nothing for Bynum, and they now eliminated the ability to sign two max players. They have only two picks as assets till 2019.

I never said anything about these moves that's the thing Logicman I was only reffering to Danny Ainge & was my simple opinion on him in particular, but if you want to ask me a Laker question on our moves okay sure we can change topics.

1. Trading Bynum for Howard was not a bad idea going after the best center in the league in Howard, I did love Bynum even though he was a nut head, but his knees were also a sign that this guy would not have along career. Unfortunately it didn't work out with Dwight, but we are better with out him & Bynum IMO...we don't need drama queens

2. The Nash deal at the time was not even a bad one he took lesser money to come here, because he wanted to stay closer to his daughters & we needed a point guard badly at the time the 2nd best one available was Nash since the Paul deal got vetoed, We had also offered Ramon Seesion a good deal before obtaining Nash & he went to Charlotte getting the same money...(dumb move).

3.Lakers next season will still have about $37 million dollars in Cap space available that's still more then any other team in the league in 2014, but to be quite honest it's irrelevant because the only worthy 2 max players would be Lebron & Anthony. I already looked at the FA list & everybody is is just a B type players & under & we know Lebron aint coming Here or Anthony, what max players are available after that ??
2014 NBA Free Agents | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

4. In the end no one expected the injuries to creep up Dwight Howard Missed games because of his back & Shoulder Pau Gasol missed about 17 games, Nash 28 games & Blake 35, Jordan Hill out for the season & Kobe in the end tore his achillies. They never got a chance to all play together it was amazing that they still even got in to the playoffs, Kobe really had to carry them in some of those close games just to to stay ahead of Utah for that final spot. The risk was worth it & (injuries are just part of the game). Who knows what would of happend if they all stayed healthy ??

5. As of right now the best thing for the Lakers is to keep these guys like, Xavier,Farmar,Young,Hill,Johnson. Let them develop they're playing terrific ball right now, these guys where all 1st round picks before & are really hitting their potential now. A season under the their belt together can really help them for next season. Their the highest scoring bench in the league right now I Believe at 57.1 a game. I think the Lakers next season will just stay under the cap & we have a 2014 1st round pick, for now these guys could be the key for 2015 or 2016 with players Like Durant,Kyrie,Love & Westbrook available. I'm pretty sure they will have cap space available as i explained earlier.

I hope I answered your question correctly if not please feel free to ask me anything else on the Lakers & I will give you the best knowledge I can as i follow what's going on with them from practice to even turkey dinner. I hope i was helpful to you.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakerboy, I was actually asking how you formed an opinion on why Danny was so horrible.

in 2003/4 he inherited a team with no assets, cap issues and a reputation for no free agent desiring Boston.

By 2007/2008 he drafted well, signed well and despite getting poor lottery selections he still turned them into a Championship caliber team. That team made the ECF almost every year, two finals and one ring in the next 5 years.

Then he blew it up, arguably started by Doc (and handled professionally by Danny), got KG and Paul to accept a trade that sets up the team again with better assets than he had in 2004 when he started the last rebuild.

By most pundits standards, he is doing all the right things right now.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With regards to Lakers, I believe they over reacted to the Chris Paul deal gone bad going after Nash.

I applauded the Dwight move. But that was only 50% of the job. The other 50% was building around him, and you cant get half way through and change course. If you did not like the product you should not make the deal.

Playing musical coaches and pulling back on a deal with Phil was bonehead. It also sent a signal that short Buss is afraid of Phil. Bringing in Dantoni as the better option?

This plus the overbalanced love of Kobe above all else probably had Dwight thinking, who the heck is running this ship?

Listen, Lakers will be fine. But they will need to rebuild. They will need to use the draft as you wisely pointed out that the "star level" FA market aint all that special. Its a bunch of old guys.

Mitch should resign some of those young players asap (they are open for any team to pick up by year end), and especially he should trade Pau now for a draft pick (I dont think Gasol wants to make $10M while Kobe makes $25M).

LA is 4 years since last title and probably is at least 4 away from another. That will be nearly 10 years if they start making moves for the rebuild now.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I answered your question correctly if not please feel free to ask me anything else on the Lakers & I will give you the best knowledge I can as i follow what's going on with them from practice to even turkey dinner. I hope i was helpful to you.

5 star rebuttal LakersBoy!

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applauded the Dwight move. But that was only 50% of the job. The other 50% was building around him, and you cant get half way through and change course. If you did not like the product you should not make the deal.

Kinda challenging to say about building around him when 3 of your players basically take up your cap space(Pau, Kobe, Dwight). They took a shot with D12 and Nash, didn't pan out for the obvious pointed out by LakerBoy. You can't predict injuries can you!

Playing musical coaches and pulling back on a deal with Phil was bonehead. It also sent a signal that short Buss is afraid of Phil. Bringing in Dantoni as the better option?

I would 100% agree that how they handled the coaching was out of sorts for the organization. Yes, allegedly Doc gave the thumbs up on D'Antoni seeing that his style was needed to keep up with teams like OKC, MIA, and even SA. As we had seen with PJ after getting ousted by Mavs in 2nd round it was probably time to ditch it. Now it's paying dividends if you follow our teams' stats. Shooters draining three's, athletic bench, and tops in both those categories in the league -- right up D'Antoni's alley.

This plus the overbalanced love of Kobe above all else probably had Dwight thinking, who the heck is running this ship?

You mean the guy that helped bring you 5 titles? Oh yea, D12 would have been better served to LEARN how-to win at all costs, not jump ship. One who has yet to develop a consistent go-to move, dissed Kareem in the process, and decided that Houston wouldn't have the glaring microscope that comes with having to be a big boy.

Listen, Lakers will be fine. But they will need to rebuild. They will need to use the draft as you wisely pointed out that the "star level" FA market aint all that special. Its a bunch of old guys.

They will go after one or two key FA's and build the rest through trades and B type players. I just don't see them stockpiling draft picks -- that is not how they got it done since the 80's. A Kobe, Magic, MJ come around once in a decade or so. No telling if Wiggins or Parker are those type players - yet. As an example, you can look at a team like the Pacers(and even Blazers) where none of their current players were the #1 pick(Lillard, Aldridge, George as examples) and yet are building themselves strong teams.

Mitch should resign some of those young players asap (they are open for any team to pick up by year end), and especially he should trade Pau now for a draft pick (I dont think Gasol wants to make $10M while Kobe makes $25M).

it's still early but am encouraged by the play of Johnson, Henry, in particular. If they keep up the pace, I expect them to be signed. Pau may be traded as he hasn't shown that he's recovered from the injury and/or is on his downhill of his career. Pau won't and shouldn't ask for anywhere NEAR the contract Kobe signed. He'd be kidding himself and be a laughingstock. He's much smarter than that.

LA is 4 years since last title and probably is at least 4 away from another. That will be nearly 10 years if they start making moves for the rebuild now.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we thought we were a few years away after winning our last title then came the blockbuster trade for Pau and other pieces brought us the two titles. You can project to your hearts' desire but there are so many variables that to identify a timeline is foolish at best.