• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Celtics at Lakers 3-3-17

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's at least worth keeping an eye on though. His shooting numbers are atrocious. He's in the mid 30s % from 2 and under 30% from 3. For a guy billed as a silky smooth scorer coming out of college, those results are worth noting as a concern.

Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

That's a list of players (I just included guard and forwards since Ingram is a bit of both) that had shooting numbers similar to that as a rookie. Draymond Green became a star, there's some decent players in Bogus, Ainge, and Anderson, and then a whole lot meh. Point is, he needs to work his ass off if he's going to reach the potential he was billed as because its rare to shoot that poorly and turn out to be a franchise type player. He might end up being a lot closer to a reliable starter than he is to a multi-time all star level talent.
Good point. I really believe Ingram will be fine, but he does have to work on his shooting. If it does not improve next year, then I will be really concerned.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Luke stated, he believes Ingram can really develop into something special, if his shooting improves, he gains weight, and his defense gets better. Ingram's tendency, like most rooks and our youngsters in general, is to stand around on both ends of the floor. He has those long arms and his ball handling skills are pretty good. He'll get there I believe.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should trade the top 3 pick, the late 1st rounder from Houston, and Ingram to some team for a superstar right around draft time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most on Ingram. We have seen some flashes of what he can become, but we've also seen a lot more that can be cause for concern.

The negatives are as @wildturkey points out, his shooting percentages are pretty terrible. Also, despite the coaches telling him to be more aggressive, we really haven't seen much of that. He also hasn't been the defender he was touted as being.

The positives are that he apparently has a solid work ethic. He's first one in and last to leave as well as spending most of his free time working on his game. He also says he is aware of his weight issue and will work on it as well.

The Lakers intent has been to bring him along slowly, but he's also been playing more than other rookies. To be fair, it can be difficult for rookies to improve a lot during the season because, with the NBA schedule, there just isn't a lot of practice time, which rookies desperately need. Then there's the dreaded "rookie wall" which could be part of his problem as well, especially with the minutes he has played.

Hopefully this off season, he will spend a lot of time at the Lakers facilities working on his game, eat lots of Fatburgers and maybe Magic will work with him a little and perhaps coax Kobe into doing the same.

I agree that he should ultimately be fine. But it's going to be about how bad he wants it and how hard he'll work.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he'll get there TJF12 and it may be sooner than everyone including Ingram believe with that work ethic.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the game, I was behind the backboard. Extremely disappointing, i knew they would lose but to see him mail it in in front of a sellout crowd is fucking pathetic. The body language of the players was shitty. I mean we were never going to win, but to just say fuck it and mail it in front of a crowd that size and a rivalry game, man oh man. I want our kids to have some Kobe pride. Fucking bullshit.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to the comedy store in LA after, this was in reference to having a gay brother. He was hilarious but i had to hide my phone or get thrown out, i snuck it lol. Its Darnell rawlings, chappelle show fame.