• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics add more jersey meat: Send corpse of Gerald Wallace to GS for David Lee

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i like lee, a solid 20/10 or so guy and a paint presence the C's need on offense. Defense? well, he stands in a place well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i like lee, a solid 20/10 or so guy and a paint presence the C's need on offense. Defense? well, he stands in a place well.

I definately still see Lee getting double digit boards but not getting 20PPG unless he has to take alot of shots.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definately still see Lee getting double digit boards but not getting 20PPG unless he has to take alot of shots.
and he probably will here. who else is gonna take em? isiaiah and him...thats about it. marcus smart needs a shit ton of work. most of the young guys arent up to nba shooting volume yet really and the new draftees are a crapshoot as always.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what GS gets out of this.

Lee was the only big man they had who could score.

I guess they dumped a still valuable role player for luxury tax relief.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah... its a money saving move. Plus, word is Lee requested to be traded to a place where he would play more and the Warriors wanted to honor his request.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

word is kerr doesnt like him and he wants starter minutes.

hes also coming off surgery isnt he?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the SPURS loading up an elite front court of Duncan, Aldridge, West, Diaw, and Leonard

And OKC will likely have Durant, Kanter, Ibaka, and Adams

I am not sure why Golden State is dumping one of their few big men who has offensive talent.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word is kerr doesnt like him and he wants starter minutes.

hes also coming off surgery isnt he?

Nope and Nope.

Kerr didn't have any problem with Lee. The reason he couldn't get minutes was because he couldn't defend. The Warriors have no problem scoring points.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the SPURS loading up an elite front court of Duncan, Aldridge, West, Diaw, and Leonard

I am not sure why Golden State is dumping one of their few big men who has offensive talent.

Lee wanted out because he has no role with the team.

The Warriors don't play in a system that relies on individual post play. How many isolations did you see from them, even just watching the playoffs and finals alone?

Lee's scoring is a plus for him, but he defense to the team makes him a net negative for the Warriors. Just like you said, the other teams are loading up on bigs. The Warriors need a guy to defend Kanter/Ibaka/Aldridge, etc., not a guy to outscore them.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope and Nope.

Kerr didn't have any problem with Lee. The reason he couldn't get minutes was because he couldn't defend. The Warriors have no problem scoring points.
just going off what a buddy told me on email when he sent me the link. i googled it and yeah, him and kerr have no issues. kerr actually placated him a lot for minutes.

i thought he had knee surgery this past year or so.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just going off what a buddy told me on email when he sent me the link. i googled it and yeah, him and kerr have no issues. kerr actually placated him a lot for minutes.

i thought he had knee surgery this past year or so.

He had a hamstring problem to begin the year, which is how Draymond got boost into his spot. As far as health goes I think he's good to go.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a hamstring problem to begin the year, which is how Draymond got boost into his spot. As far as health goes I think he's good to go.
thanks. i remember him as a knick (celtics fan here) but lost touch as he went out west.

always a guy whos offensive game i liked.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordontrue got it right above. Part of it was salary cut move. Plus the Warriors didn't have to give up anything to move Lee's contract. Lee also requested a trade and the Warriors wanted to honor his request as one of the team's elder statesmen and also how graciously he handled his demotion. Yes, he does have some offensive talent although it isn't what it once was and that offense can be offset by the drop in defense, especially against the big men you listed. Wish D Lee the best. A class act

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... its a money saving move. Plus, word is Lee requested to be traded to a place where he would play more and the Warriors wanted to honor his request.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think that Wallace will ever step foot on the court in a Warriors uniform. Waiving him will save the Warriors $30 million. To be a tax break is his only job on the Warriors.

Last edited:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for both sides.

Dubs get to dump his salary and possibly revive the corpse of Gerald Wallace for defensive purposes while the Celtics get a productive power forward who is still capable of averaging close to a double double (16-17 ppg 8-10 reb) given the minutes and the touches.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee can still be a 17 and 10 guy

Definitely. Especially if he can ever find his foul line jumper again. He used to be able to drain that jumper consistently but has had trouble making that shot the past couple of years. I think he missed all his jumpers during the playoffs