• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cbssports top 50 2013 prospects

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I totally missed that these people have Woods rated higher than Keenan Allen from Cal. That's insane. Allen is bigger, stronger, faster, catches balls in traffic very well, has a nasty initial burst, he's quick to react & adjust...

Nothing against Woods, but Allen is easily the better player IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Justin Hunter
2. Aaron Dobson
3. Keenan Allen

everyone else.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we still need a guy goto wr, unless jenkins turns into the 2nd coming of harrison if the right wr is there we need to take him

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming he's back 100% from that ACL tear of course. Too bad the Niners probably won't need a WR next year because I like next year's class more than the 2012 class.

Crabtree has two more years, Randy one, Manningham two, Williams one, Ginn one. We could very well need a WR even if Jenkins impresses.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year, Robert Griffin was rated as a 2nd rounder. So anything can happen - I could definitely see him going in the top 15 iron out a couple wrinkles in his game. The guy has a very strong arm, a quick release, very mobile, and has just enough accuracy. However, he doesn't go through his progessions as much as you would like from a 1st-round prospect. He telegraphs most of his passes. Look at this footgage playing against probably the best defense in the collegiate level (future NFL players):

Griffin was actually considered a 3rd or 4th rounder at this point last year sir. Makes his rise even more amazing.

then again Newton probably wasn't even on any boards before 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If people thought Alabama's defense had a bunch of NFL prospects last year, just wait for Georgia's this year. Jarvis Jones, John Jenkins, Kwame Geathers, Alec Ogletree, Cornelius Washington, Branden Smith, and Baccari Rambo.

Shawn Williams too?

Florida has a bunch of talent on defense right now as well. Maybe not as many as Grorgiam but they have some good ones. I'll be keepin' an eye on that D.

LSU does too (obviously).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Williams too?

Florida has a bunch of talent on defense right now as well. Maybe not as many as Grorgiam but they have some good ones. I'll be keepin' an eye on that D.

LSU does too (obviously).

Sure, if you wanna include Williams do it.

Alabama has a bunch of guys on defense too. Jesse Williams, C.J. Mosley, Nico Johnson, Dee Milliner, and Robert Lester.

Florida has a couple of intriguing guys on the DL. Jelani Jenkins, as well.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Hunter is healthy he's #1.

He's a track star, a great athlete, so he'll bounced 100% healthy. Still that won't be enough to push him ahead of Wilson. Wilson's ball skills is rare...he may not have Hunter's speed, but he makes up for it in precision route running; balance; and agility.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who Craig Roh is in Michigan. The name does not ring a bell. Dominique Easley has some great potentials, but I'm not sure if he should even be on the list of top 50. Logan Thomas has some rare physical attributes but still, he has a long way to go. Geno Smith is better than he is, and I wouldn't put Smith on that list. Mike Gennon is a better prospect than both of them. In sum, I'm not going to criticize him too much for his top 50 list. Everyone's list is sh8tty at this stage of the process. Can't wait to see everyone's updated list in October of November.

Sorry Bingo, but I respectfully disagree. Thomas and Smith can both move and have good feet. Glennon is as stiff as they come and probably runs a 8.0 second 40yd dash. I would take Thomas and Smith over him anyday. Glennon has a great arm and a good mind, but he better have a very good Oline in front of him or he will not have success.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry Bingo, but I respectfully disagree. Thomas and Smith can both move and have good feet. Glennon is as stiff as they come and probably runs a 8.0 second 40yd dash. I would take Thomas and Smith over him anyday. Glennon has a great arm and a good mind, but he better have a very good Oline in front of him or he will not have success.

Sparks, Glennon is mobile enough bro. He moves pretty descent in the pocket and avoids pressure. He's not going to Michael Vick anyone around anytime soon, but it seems like he knows how to position himself in the pocket and create his own throwing lane (buys time). I used to be harsh on QBs who couldn't run sub 4.9/40...until I met two guys name Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady. Not saying Glennon is in their class, I'm just saying that his 40 time doesn't scare me much since he shows an ability to do the aforementioned task while in the pocket.

How about Matt Mettenberger? Do you like his skill set?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a track star, a great athlete, so he'll bounced 100% healthy. Still that won't be enough to push him ahead of Wilson. Wilson's ball skills is rare...he may not have Hunter's speed, but he makes up for it in precision route running; balance; and agility.

Sir, we shall forever disagree.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Hunter is healthy he's #1.

I have to agree. Nothing against Wilson, but the only thing that's gonna stop Hunter is an injury.

2013 is looking like a STRONG non-QB class. At this point WR & DE / 3-4 OLB look like the strongest positions for the next draft. DT could be pretty stong too. Wish the Niners got an extra pick somehow.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm surprised not to see Jackson Jeffcoat from Texas on that list. I'm not quite as big a fan of his as some people (yet), but he's still a highly regarded prospect.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. Nothing against Wilson, but the only thing that's gonna stop Hunter is an injury.

2013 is looking like a STRONG non-QB class. At this point WR & DE / 3-4 OLB look like the strongest positions for the next draft. DT could be pretty stong too. Wish the Niners got an extra pick somehow.

Sarcasm?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

No. I was hoping in the 2012 draft that the Niners could somehow get an extra pick in the 2013 draft by trading down (or trade up for Decastro). Why would that be sarcasm? You don't think the 2013 class looks strobger than the 2012 class?