• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Fantasy League Official SMACK TALK Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it was a fairly even trade and at that point you obviously got the better fantasy player. I was desperate and needed a solid f to replace melo for one of my guards

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bad trade bro-I wouldn't have done it because he was totally irrelevant until Jennings went down for the season and then went to being the starter because they had no one else. Always check the history on ESPN first. Bsktbllr basically picked him up the week before and then traded him to you for a player that had been consistent for you the entire season. Sorry that offends anyone, but I am very slow to trade for that reason

Augustin been good all year long and obviously was even better when he got starter minutes once Jennings went down.

I had Augustin for 3 weeks. He scored 30, 39, & 33 points in those 3 weeks so yeah Hockey would've been the clear winner of the trade if DJ stayed in Detroit. I had no intentions of trading DJ until Melo went down. You clearly know nothing as always. Augustin numbers blows Covington numbers out of this world in his weeks as starter since Jennings went down. Augustin outplayed Covington in each of those 3 weeks.

Please do the world a favor and stop talking before doing your research.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Augustin been good all year long and obviously was even better when he got starter minutes once Jennings went down.

I had Augustin for 3 weeks. He scored 30, 39, & 33 points in those 3 weeks so yeah Hockey would've been the clear winner of the trade if DJ stayed in Detroit. I had no intentions of trading DJ until Melo went down. You clearly know nothing as always. Augustin numbers blows Covington numbers out of this world in his weeks as starter since Jennings went down. Augustin outplayed Covington in each of those 3 weeks.

Please do the world a favor and stop talking before doing your research.
If he was as good as you say - then he wouldn't have been traded, but it was a fair trade. It's his own fault for not doing more research. He had some good numbers for a few weeks and nothing better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was as good as you say - then he wouldn't have been traded, but it was a fair trade. It's his own fault for not doing more research. He had some good numbers for a few weeks and nothing better.

Do you not understand that I had to trade a G or C for a F? Damn you're stupid. As I stated several times already, Augustin would not have been traded if Melo never shut it down. I was very happy with my 4 guards of Augustin, Klay, Parker, & Wes Matthews.

I also offered Parker in some deals as well. I needed a solid F to replace Melo because there wasn't any good F so I had to give up a good G to make that happen.

What more research was there for Hockey to do? Augustin had started for 3 or 4 weeks since Jennings had went down with his tore ACL and Augustin put up 30+ fantasy points in each of those weeks.

This isn't rocket science

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In November he Augustin averaged 9 pts, 1.5 rebounds and 3 assists, in December he averaged 6.5 points, `.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists, so I don't know where you get this shit that he was a good player all season long. Those are not good numbers for fantasy. Once Jennings went down he posted some damned good numbers and averaged 18 points per game or better in all of them except one and the rebounds + assists would definitely made him a good fantasy player, but I still say that was fools gold that was a fluke. He didn't have a history as a solid starter and was a good role player most of the time at best, but not necessarily good fantasy wise considering he never hit even 20 points total for fantasy until Jennings went down. Personally I would have gambled and dumped another scrub for him, but I would never have traded a solid player that had been solid most of the season. I would have checked his history first.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not understand that I had to trade a G or C for a F? Damn you're stupid. As I stated several times already, Augustin would not have been traded if Melo never shut it down. I was very happy with my 4 guards of Augustin, Klay, Parker, & Wes Matthews.

I also offered Parker in some deals as well. I needed a solid F to replace Melo because there wasn't any good F so I had to give up a good G to make that happen.

What more research was there for Hockey to do? Augustin had started for 3 or 4 weeks since Jennings had went down with his tore ACL and Augustin put up 30+ fantasy points in each of those weeks.

This isn't rocket science

Hey I don't blame you for trading Augustin - you acquired him for nothing and got back something better - plain and simple. That was smart. A trade is a good trade and if he hadn't been traded, then mabe it would have. I can't help believing though that Detroit didn't have confidence in his ability to continue playing at that level for the rest of the season though. For me - Augustin played good for 11 or 12 games from 1-25-15 to 2-11-15 before he was traded. For ME - that would not be enough history as a starter or as a solid role player to risk trading for. The first year I did this fantasy - I gave up Chris Paul and got back a player who spent most of his time on the dl, so forgive me for being a bit more cautious. Good trade for you though :10:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of my observation though Heatlifer is that Hockey already had the best team in the league and was unbeatable - Personally - I wouldn't have messed with that for anything, but again - that's just my style. With a few more years - perhaps I will change my mind about it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for you Baller is that you got your division locked up - Boston would have to win 5 straight games and you would have to lose 5 straight for him to catch you and I don't see that happening. Your only issue is getting ready for the playoffs and should be able to beat whoever has the spot in my division. Right now that's me which is still strange because 5 weeks ago I didn't think I had a chance in hell

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for you Baller is that you got your division locked up - Boston would have to win 5 straight games and you would have to lose 5 straight for him to catch you and I don't see that happening. Your only issue is getting ready for the playoffs and should be able to beat whoever has the spot in my division. Right now that's me which is still strange because 5 weeks ago I didn't think I had a chance in hell

You're talking about 2 different leagues now. This trade was made in the other league where I'm 8-8 and is without Melo & Howard who were my top 2 picks

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about that lol but this year has been brutal with injuries

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this I hear about my bitch running his mouth in here... Hey TLF, you're in 8th place... I lead the division... And you're right back in the crapper doughnut...:dhd:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Augustine is a solid player dumbass... He was traded because many believe Reggie Jackson is going to be a very good starting PG because of his numbers when Westbrook was out... Stan isn't sure about Jennings and had a chance at a guy who might be better than Jennings... He knows DJ is not so he made the trade... Had Jackson not been available DJ would still be starting there... Look at his numbers when he was in Chicago and Rose went down... He was the starter in Indy before they got Hill... He is a player.... He's not a game changer and people are looking for that in a starter so he keeps getting traded...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No - he's not - He has not scored more than 20 per week as a fantasy player with exception to his short stint as a starter, but hey if you like him - then play him. That's fine with me

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey doughnut, did you read your own words... "When he was a starter..." He's not starting now...:L

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey doughnut, did you read your own words... "When he was a starter..." He's not starting now...:L
He was a starter for two or three weeks and that's it - rest of the time he was a role player with mediocre timing and stats

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a starter for two or three weeks and that's it - rest of the time he was a role player with mediocre timing and stats

He's been good all year.

Just because he doesn't put up good fantasy numbers as a bench player doesn't mean he's been bad. He's had a solid year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In November Augustin averaged 9.3 points, 1.5 rebounds and 3 assists, 0 blocks, 0.5 steals 1.4 fouls and 1.9 turnovers - That wasn't even 15 points when after you deduct his fouls and turn overs. In December he averaged 6.5 points, 1.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.9 personal fouls and 1.1 turn overs - That's barely 17.8 before fouls and turnovers- The guy had 8 out of 10 games worthy of talking about only after Jennings went down and stopped being relevant after being traded. Face it - what he did was a fluke.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been good all year.

Just because he doesn't put up good fantasy numbers as a bench player doesn't mean he's been bad. He's had a solid year
We're not talking about real basketball - were talking fantasy - In the actual game you need players like him, but you and what's his name keep trying to tell this bullshit that he was a good player fantasy and has been posting 30 to points all season long and he hasn't - you're full of shit.