• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs getting cocky

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland ain't LA or NY to fetch those ticket prices....unless corporates snatch them up.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to go to the cavs-bulls preseason game here in columbus and then saw the ticket prices. Not going to pay that amount for decent seats for a fucking preseason game. $175-$400 for middle bowl. $1000 for lowest section behind a basket. The only ones i would have considered getting that are still left is section 206 and 221 middle bowl semi middle of the court. 221 is $280+ and 206 is $390+. Fuck that shit.

just wait. ticket prices plummet the closer it gets to gametime

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wholly shit lol. Well they wont ever be popular again so fuck it. But wtf lol

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter how many billions you have in the bank. When you're losing $190,000 per home game compared to the season before, something had to change.

In order to gain those fans back, a promotion of some sort had to take place - hence the begging.
So why did they have promotions for the 2010-11 season when they were getting 20,000 + fans?
Great Fan Giveaways and Theme Nights Announced as Cavaliers Set the Stage for Excitement for 2010-11 Season | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Why have promotions in 2009-10 when James was still there and attendance wasn't a problem?
Great Fan Giveaways and Theme Nights Announced as Cavaliers Set the Stage for Excitement for 2010-11 Season | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

2008-2009?
Cavs Announce Great Fan Giveaways and Theme Nights | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Maybe because a lot of teams plan and do these promotional events for home games before the season even starts, regardless of attendance?

Just admit, brah. You're full of shit about Gilbert having promotional giveaways as a way of "begging fans" to come to the games.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to go to the cavs-bulls preseason game here in columbus and then saw the ticket prices. Not going to pay that amount for decent seats for a fucking preseason game. $175-$400 for middle bowl. $1000 for lowest section behind a basket. The only ones i would have considered getting that are still left is section 206 and 221 middle bowl semi middle of the court. 221 is $280+ and 206 is $390+. Fuck that shit.

Granted I'm a fairweather basketball fan at best (never follow it because my home team, the Timberwolves have sucked for all but a few years of their existence), I'd never pay that much to see a basketball game. It would take at least getting decent Conference championship tickets with it being the Wolves vs some team in a home game for me to even consider dropping $200. I love football, but I never go to NFL games for the same reason - even though I make decent money, I'm not going to blow a good chunk of change just to get my wife and I to a live Vikings game in halfway decent seats, especially when they have been stinking it up so badly lately and it's better on TV anyway.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why did they have promotions for the 2010-11 season when they were getting 20,000 + fans?

Why have promotions in 2009-10 when James was still there and attendance wasn't a problem?

2008-2009?
Cavs Announce Great Fan Giveaways and Theme Nights | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

Maybe because a lot of teams plan and do these promotional events for home games before the season even starts, regardless of attendance?

Just admit, brah. You're full of shit about Gilbert having promotional giveaways as a way of "begging fans" to come to the games.

Now compare the average Cavs ticket prices from the 2011-12 season to the 2014-15 season.

Enough said...

brah!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now compare the average Cavs ticket prices from the 2011-12 season to the 2014-15 season.

Enough said...

brah!
But what happen to Gilbert having to incorporate promotional giveaways as a desperate way of begging fans to come to the games??

Of course tix prices are going to go up. That was never in the argument you presented.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what happen to Gilbert having to incorporate promotional giveaways as a desperate way of begging fans to come to the games??

Of course tix prices are going to go up. That was never in the argument you presented.

I mentioned promotions, not giveaways. There's a difference.

A drop in ticket prices is a clear promotion to get butts in seats.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned promotions, not giveaways. There's a difference.

A drop in ticket prices is a clear promotion to get butts in seats.
In order to gain those fans back, a promotion of some sort had to take place - hence the begging.
Dropping ticket prices isn't a promotional event, it's business decision for every home game made prior to the season starting, based on your product and who's coming to town.

Promotional events are scheduled giveaways such as bobble heads etc........ regardless who the visiting team is.

I guess we just view it in a different way.