• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz QB 1/9/16 at 11:30 CST ESPN2

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically you're saying first or second QB no matter?
Depending in who's there 2nd is my preference. If the team feels they HAVE to take one in the first, I will support that pick, I'd even be OK with them waiting til the 3rd, but if they go beyond that they may as well not take a QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they take that early 3rd and package it for a mid to late 2nd.
I just want 2 players within the first 36 drafted and then QB. I think as we sit here today that a GOOD QB propect will be there at #68 (if my math is right)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that, because I talking in absolutes, which you absolutely can't do in the NFL. I worry there won't be much available in the later rounds that I will feel who can be good starting NFL QB's.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they take that early 3rd and package it for a mid to late 2nd.
I just want 2 players within the first 36 drafted and then QB. I think as we sit here today that a GOOD QB propect will be there at #68 (if my math is right)
I trust your NFL judgement. Just not sure I will gamble with that trust.
I wish we didn't trade picks for Michaels and Cassell, can really use them right now. I'm all for trading back in the first and picking up a pick or two.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust your NFL judgement. Just not sure I will gamble with that trust.
I wish we didn't trade picks for Michaels and Cassell, can really use them right now. I'm all for trading back in the first and picking up a pick or two.
shoot manster, it's just an opinion...could change, it's January

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay....Froze my ass and went to the car early 4th QTR but here goes...just an opinion

I'd love to have this guy in the right draft position. He has the measurable with a nice easy release and good foot work. I think Wentz like all the QB's in this class need two years. I wouldn't draft QB in the first two rounds. Just my not so humble opinion. I could be all wrong about this and it's early in the process... but I just don't see making a top 50 pick on a QB that needs two seasons learning for this team. Not the Dallas Cowboys I don't.
I draft two guys first that I know barring unforeseen injury will be contributors if not starters for 16 weeks.

It looked cold out there yesterday Pday.
Wentz is a solid prospect and played his way into the first round I think.
I understand your thinking on not drafting a QB in the top 50 that's needs a couple of seasons to grow into the job. I do think that after the Senior bowl and the Combine that Wentz and others draft stock will rise and fall with the tide of the NFL draft as it goes every year.

If the scouts and the team determine that Wentz is worth the 4th based on who is available then fine pick him and sit him and let him learn. That's not the popular opinion but hey its just a opinion. I would love to get him in the 2nd or 3rd but that's not going to happen I don't think. Trade back pick up a extra 2nd and still get him would make me a happy Cowboys fan and should still get us 2 players that should start on Sundays. But like you said its really early in the process and this is all speculation.

Other prospects at QB are always possible, this is just the guy I would really like to have on the Cowboys.

As an aside NDSU is a pretty good team for a bunch of corn-fed boys from Fargo North Dakota :D

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frankly, yesterday...I questioned the completion which I know has nothing to do with Wentz's football ability, but it was a very noticeable drop off speed wise from NCAA D1. JAX was pretty vanilla yesterday.

no way at #4 and I'd be shocked if he goes 1st round. I've been wrong before

I still say QB's drafted in the first and second might be limited, and spot 68 should land a worthy prospect.

:2cents:

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cowboys will miss out on Wentz IMO unless they trade. I could see a team like the Bills or Texans grabbing him in the 1st.