• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz:Locker Room Problem???

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it doesn't really work exactly that way because there is too much affecting the draft order including of course need. Sure there is absolutely a strong correlation, but it's not quite so cut and dry. There is only one center needed per team but 2 OTs and usually a swing Tackle so the odds are much greater that many, many teams need an OT every draft. A lot of times a team has one center for 8 to 10 years and never worries about it. Plus, If you have 2 or 3 starting caliber centers in the free agency pool that probably is sufficient to fill all of the current needs for all teams for starting centers and no one is using a top 10 pick on a center to sit behind another center. If they do so with a LT they can always play him at RT or Swing Tackle, but at Center he just sits (he doesn't even get first team reps in practice) and most teams don't want that for a top 10 pick. They want instant impact.

Let's look at last year. Last draft RB went #2 overall. I don't think RB is the 2nd most important position, do you?
CB went #3 overall. CBs go early a lot and are universally considered important, but not in your list of 3 above so I mention it here. Guard went #6 overall. Non-pass rushing LB went 8 overall. Are those two positions more important than LT? No, but they were picked earlier. I think you get too hung up on absolutes. :2cents:

Good post. To address your last paragraph... just cause an elite RB goes 2 in a draft that doesn’t mean RB is 2nd most important position. For example a ton of DTs are going to go high and in the top 10 this year. Doesn’t mean DT is more important then QB. But 50 years, 500 picks in the top 10 and no Centers? There’s a reason for that.
I have CB 4th behind the big 3. If there’s a generational CB coming out next year he will go number 1 but that ONE draft isn’t saying CB is more important then QB. But 500 picks and zero Centers does mean something. Maybe not cut and dry like you said but for people to dismiss a 50 year trend is ridiculous.
Really good point on the depth part. For example 4 years ago the Eagles had a HOF LT and still took a Tackle at #4. Obviously you wouldn’t do that at Center cause you’re all ready set at that position

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. To address your last paragraph... just cause an elite RB goes 2 in a draft that doesn’t mean RB is 2nd most important position. For example a ton of DTs are going to go high and in the top 10 this year. Doesn’t mean DT is more important then QB. But 50 years, 500 picks in the top 10 and no Centers? There’s a reason for that.
I have CB 4th behind the big 3. If there’s a generational CB coming out next year he will go number 1 but that ONE draft isn’t saying CB is more important then QB. But 500 picks and zero Centers does mean something. Maybe not cut and dry like you said but for people to dismiss a 50 year trend is ridiculous.
Really good point on the depth part. For example 4 years ago the Eagles had a HOF LT and still took a Tackle at #4. Obviously you wouldn’t do that at Center cause you’re all ready set at that position
There’s two tackles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn’t. They supposedly ranked center lower. They did not state the draft determined importance, again u twist shit.

The draft is just one example that I showed why Centers are not a prime time position. All I said is the thread showed that Centers were a top rated position in there opinions.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
The draft is just one example that I showed why Centers are a prime time position. All I said is the thread showed that Centers were a top rated position in there opinions.
Look ur switching gears again.
The point is u state the draft is the indicator of importance and only the draft. That’s bull. U also state ppl backed u up on that. Which is also bull. So make a poll. If it’s overwhelming like u state. I’ll gladly eat my crow.

I’ll wait while u reply with something slightly off topic

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. That’s why I said I agreed with that point by Jarntt?????
U said the eagles drafted a tackle while having a hof tackle, then said what does that tell u, tells me there’s two tackles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
Look ur switching gears again.
The point is u state the draft is the indicator of importance and only the draft. That’s bull. U also state ppl backed u up on that. Which is also bull. So make a poll. If it’s overwhelming like u state. I’ll gladly eat my crow.

I’ll wait while u reply with something slightly off topic

I said the draft is one of the indicators. I did not state people backed me up on the draft being the indicator. I said they backed me up in that Centers aren’t a highly rated position. You’re getting the arguments mixed up

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be something to this.

While Wentz was and is phenomenal it was clear this season that he had not fully recovered from injury/surgery mobility-wise.

Also, If Wentz started tinkering with the offense on his own, there could be repercussions among teammates who realized the offensive scheme was OK, but Wentz running it was not working as planned.

The team visibly improved with Foles running that offense.

I would not dismiss that article out of hand.

What no one seems to realize is when he came back from his injury he had to learn a new offense and play with a new playcaller. Everyone's giving the shaft to Wentz, especially at the expense of a Rams QB who didn't put up anywhere near what Wentz did in 2017. If Wentz is so bad, why did he lead the Eagles to a 10-2 record before he got hurt? Also, the Eagles don't have a Todd Gurley and haven't since Lesean McCoy. Wentz plays with scrubs for RBs.

Another thing. If this is true, it's probably because the NFL is just now joining the NBA and MLB in having a bunch of players who want everyone to hold their hand and give them a trophy instead of actually playing with a little discipline. Because Wentz, a Christian, is far from that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the draft is one of the indicators. I did not state people backed me up on the draft being the indicator. I said they backed me up in that Centers aren’t a highly rated position. You’re getting the arguments mixed up
holy crap u just said it. you are nuts, again u cant keep shit straight

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t agree with u on the draft
my original statement, clearly has draft in there

Well we don’t know that do we? One thing they do agree with me is that they said Centers are lower on the hierarchy... which I’ve been saying. Oh, GMs have been saying this too for 50 years.
Your reply stating that we dont know if ppl agree with u.

Ok make a poll
my reply, to find out if ppl agree with you

Why people all ready voiced their opinion. Why do it a second time.
Your reply that ppl already agreed with you...........

Yet im the confused one..........and you claim that you only said the draft is one indicator, and that u never said ppl agree with u

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What no one seems to realize is when he came back from his injury he had to learn a new offense and play with a new playcaller. Everyone's giving the shaft to Wentz, especially at the expense of a Rams QB who didn't put up anywhere near what Wentz did in 2017. If Wentz is so bad, why did he lead the Eagles to a 10-2 record before he got hurt? Also, the Eagles don't have a Todd Gurley and haven't since Lesean McCoy. Wentz plays with scrubs for RBs.

Another thing. If this is true, it's probably because the NFL is just now joining the NBA and MLB in having a bunch of players who want everyone to hold their hand and give them a trophy instead of actually playing with a little discipline. Because Wentz, a Christian, is far from that.
its not about the RB. and they were running basically the same offense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does that have to do with anything?

I think the players don't like Wentz in the locker room because he's more disciplined than them.
Come on Brees, just go ahead and say what you are really thinking...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but that isn’t very hard to do if put in that situation. Is Iran elite skill to talk? I mean that’s like saying radios are really really important cause the coach calls the play to the QB. Those aren’t difficult skills.

A simple no was all that was needed. All other stuff you mentioned is irrelevant to what I asked.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want everyone know, since Kickers aren't taken high in the draft they aren't important, and theres no other argument to be made.

Dont @ me