• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carolina Panthers we under estimating them?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton certainly did gain a reputation nationally for being a bit pouty when things weren't going well. Whether that's an accurate assessment or whether the media just took certain things about his demeanor on the sidelines and ran with it remains to be seen, but I don't think you'll ever see the same things be said about Wilson. He's got a pretty good poker face and you couldn't tell by looking at him what he was feeling at any given time.

Ya I feel this is the year he has too prove it was all the media making something out of nothing. This is not one of those things you want hanging around your franchise Qb. If he shows any sign during the year of struggling to keep his composer the label is going to stick and be nearly impossible to remove whether its true or not. In which case the organization is going to have to bring in leadership which could hurt them bringing in guys in the future who feel he might be weak or don't want to deal with holding him up. As they say once you have earned a rep its not something that just goes away.

Another thing that sends flags to me is the fact I can't remember any of his teammates stepping up saying its a lie. Now I don't follow them so maybe I missed it and I will gladly eat me words but Wilson has been praised by his teammates early and often. Its never been a problem for him.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that sends flags to me is the fact I can't remember any of his teammates stepping up saying its a lie. Now I don't follow them so maybe I missed it and I will gladly eat me words but Wilson has been praised by his teammates early and often. Its never been a problem for him.

Chemistry,... its not just for elements anymore.

I would be very disappointed to trade Wilson for Newton, let alone any other QB. There is a lot to be said for these guys all getting along like bff's.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chemistry,... its not just for elements anymore.

I would be very disappointed to trade Wilson for Newton, let alone any other QB. There is a lot to be said for these guys all getting along like bff's.

Don't get me wrong I love watching Wilson play, the kid is out of this world and every team (including Seattle, we were so lucky to get him and two other good to great players, Wagner great, Bruce good still work in progress) should feel like kicking themselves for letting in him go by, especially Jacksonville Jaguars taking a punter, but earlier someone said players or coaches would pick newton over Wilson (can't remember who and to lazy to look) and I was just saying why they might think that way.

As for me, give me Wilson, the ball, 2:00 min, down 4, on our own 20 anytime of the weeks. I feel Wilson can find a way to pull it off :10: over Newton. (ps. I hope this doesn't occur next year because I Seattle to well in control by than.):rollseyes:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I pick the Seahawks to win but it has all the classic makings of a trap game.

10am EST start time on the East Coast

A huge game the following weak

High expectations going into the season

Playing a team that's hot and cold for the most part. Newton could be holding a towel over his head crying or he could be lighting it up for 400 yards passing and 100 yards rushing and 4 TDs.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick the Seahawks to win but it has all the classic makings of a trap game.

I agree completely.
I am hoping that the Wilson to media go to response of "take one play/game/day at a time" will come to fruition and Seattle will have its pants pulled up that day.

I also hope that the media hype circus about San Fran/Seattle will have Newton's cage good and rattled. Starting out at home against either of those teams would really set you out for the season sideways.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old adage in the NFL of ...

"It's not who you play, or even where you play them that matters most..."

i'ts

WHEN you play them that matters most...

and this Game is a perfect example of this.

I think it's a much easier game if it isn't week 1 for Seattle.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Cakes actually here, of all teams to play opening weekend, I did not like seeing Carolina. Just like us with Wilson, if Cam shows up, and plays Elite, like we all know he can, that has trouble written all over it for us and our defense.

If we start 0-1 this year, I would lie if I said I wouldn't be upset, 2 tough of a schedule and a division 2 give up loses 2 teams like this.

Please start blitzing again from all over the place. You have to send HEAT these days on quarterbacks, you give any of them just average time and these top quarterbacks will pick you apart.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't forget Carolina won its last 4 games, this is gonna be a real tough game. Like I said above, Please send heat from all over the place all day long.
This is not the old NFL, Qb these days that are top 10 in the Nfl, givin average time, will pick you apart. Case and point, Chicago game, they send heat on us all game, last drive, they stop, we drive and score, we send no heat, they tie, they send no heat in overtime, we score again.

If you really watched the Nfl last year, 80 percent of the playoff teams sent heat all game with or without the lead, us, yea not so much, we still did very well, but look at all those games we lost because of Bradley, and his prevent zone crap.

With our DB being so elite, we should be sending heat all game long no matter what the score. Players and there talent put aside, play calling means a lot, I pray now that Bradley is gone, we will go back to sending heat again.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't forget Carolina won its last 4 games, this is gonna be a real tough game. Like I said above, Please send heat from all over the place all day long.
This is not the old NFL, Qb these days that are top 10 in the Nfl, givin average time, will pick you apart. Case and point, Chicago game, they send heat on us all game, last drive, they stop, we drive and score, we send no heat, they tie, they send no heat in overtime, we score again.

If you really watched the Nfl last year, 80 percent of the playoff teams sent heat all game with or without the lead, us, yea not so much, we still did very well, but look at all those games we lost because of Bradley, and his prevent zone crap.

With our DB being so elite, we should be sending heat all game long no matter what the score. Players and there talent put aside, play calling means a lot, I pray now that Bradley is gone, we will go back to sending heat again.

To address the part I bolded... I have no idea why teams would see that something is working and ever intentionally stop doing it, especially on the next series after they've seen it work. It also drives me nuts to see teams (particularly the Seahawks over the years) play a certain way (their style) that has worked for them for most of a game and then do something different late in the game, almost like they feel obligated to. The prevent defense is a perfect example of this. I understand that teams don't like to give up big plays late, especially if it's a fairly close game, but if they haven't been giving them up in the defense they've been playing all day, why in the world would they switch to a different defense?

Another example of this is when a team that has been slinging the ball all over the field on offense all day suddenly decides to shut it down and start playing the grind it out game, usually too soon, when that's not their identity. You can run the clock down just as easily passing the ball as you can running it, but some teams switch to the grind it out game either far too soon or when the opposing defense expects it. If you've got a lead in the fourth quarter and what you're doing on offense has been effective and time consuming... keep doing it! Don't just switch to the running game to try to run out the clock because you feel obligated to or because it's "the way you're supposed to do it". Teams do this a lot and it makes no sense to me.

Anyway... that's my rant.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Dude82.