• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Henderson returns to facility

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He met with staff today. No word on if he will be returning to practice but it appears that might be the case.

Seems too late for me at a position we are now deep at.

We can leave him on our roster through the first week as he won't count against the roster size as he has to serve a one game suspension. Not sure he has much of a chance after that. He will need to show a lot of improvement mentally and physically on the field in a short amount of time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Elway and staff are gonna take a couple days to consider Henderson's want to return to the team. Sounds like Henderson is also willing to take a release and then sign to the PS if that is his best solution in the matter.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Elway and staff are gonna take a couple days to consider Henderson's want to return to the team. Sounds like Henderson is also willing to take a release and then sign to the PS if that is his best solution in the matter.
Is there a non-injury IR option?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No- Only a non football injury IR. Maybe he can break a nail on his tricycle?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Carlos is is realistic on the situation. Bring him in and let him practice. Hold him out of games as to not show case him to other teams and stash him on the PS.

That could be a win for both.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but….

I don’t like the idea of storing Carlos Henderson on IR. We did that last year with him. He needs live action. When he is on IR by rule he cannot practice with the team. The practice squad would be a MUCH better place for him and developing his career. Last year we couldn’t store him on the PS and he had finger surgery. This year we can risk it, if someone claims him we don’t really need him long term. He is a bonus at this point. I’d let him come back (not fully understanding the circumstances, so I trust Denver will make the right decision there) and then release him on final cuts and if he clears waivers which he should, put him on the PS so he is getting actual work on the field in. Knowing a few players from the PS going on IR and not being around your teammates throughout the year is depressing to some players. Kenny McKinley is one example, I am not saying it is going to be to that extreme, but for a guy who already seems to be shaken with poor play and on a roster bubble it could really send his career in a downward spiral from the ole confidence level. I think he needs to be on the practice field getting reps being around his teammates instead of a phantom injury IR stash this year. I don’t see it risky cutting him and storing him on the PS this year because quite frankly if he is claimed so be it. I see him as a bonus at this time not someone we need to depend on.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree DC and it might be marginal at best if he will be able to get in shape enough to effectively play in a week and a half. There is no way he plays at Washington on Friday. Next Thursday at Arizona would be a stretch too depending on what he did to stay in shape during his absence.

Thanks.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- I think at best we put him on the PS... At worst he is cut and signed to someone elses PS for his own sake and gets a fresh start.

I am all for him on our PS though. But I do think he needs to be playing somewhere and not stashed on IR for his own development and piece of mind.