• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals trade FB Anthony Sherman to Chiefs for CB Javier Arenas

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kent Somers:

To recap: Cardinals to send FB Anthony Sherman to KC for CB Javier Arenas. Pending physicals.

Gives the Cardinals another return option if they so choose in addition to whatever he'll provide on defense. His KR attempts went down each year in KC, though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was he the starting CB last season, or mainly ST's?

He made 9 OFFICIAL starts for them last year - week 9 to week 17. He had 1 start and 2 starts in his first two seasons. He played the 3rd most defensive back snaps on the team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He made 9 OFFICIAL starts for them last year - week 9 to week 17. He had 1 start and 2 starts in his first two seasons. He played the 3rd most defensive back snaps on the team.

mahalo Pozz.

on the surface yeah, good trade to get Arenas. can't help think there's a reason KC let him go for FB?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Chiefs are really bad at negotiating trades.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ouch. I would've loved to have made a trade like that for Javier. A decent CB who's a good return man would be exactly what the team needs IMO.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have a replacement for the Honey Badger.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez. Arenas likely wasn't making the team this season. They are jam packed at CB and he doesn't provide enough at KR for it to matter. The guy only got starts last season because of injury and ineptatude. Arenas is nothing special and hasn't been anything special since he entered the league.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. I would've loved to have made a trade like that for Javier. A decent CB who's a good return man would be exactly what the team needs IMO.

I don't know if he was exactly what we need, but I would have taken that trade as well. I'm not as concerned about our CB's as most people are.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javier would not have made this team. He doesn't bring enough as a CB to make the team and we are already crowded at the position. He isn't better than Aso, Brown, Rogers, Cully or Cox at CB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are really bad at negotiating trades.

Oh jeez. Arenas likely wasn't making the team this season. They are jam packed at CB and he doesn't provide enough at KR for it to matter. The guy only got starts last season because of injury and ineptatude. Arenas is nothing special and hasn't been anything special since he entered the league.

I feel both would have been cut if not for the trade. There wasn't much haggling or pretending either wanted the guy. (In comparison, Niners at least acted like they could keep Smith.) Making the trade ensures that they get their guy. It was like when someone compliments your painting you have on your wall that the previous owner left and you don't like, you'll give it to him for something, even if it's less than market value, if you would likely have given it to charity otherwise (not trash, but not very marketable). Except the same thing happened when you visited his new house. You trade instead of pay.

Reid uses FBs more than others do in his system and they were moving away from the shorter CBs. Arians doesn't use FBs much, he feels that if you have a pass catching TE that can block like a FB, then you threaten the defense more. Having a FB who's physical but one dimensional takes away that unpredictability.

For us to get Arenas, we would obviously have to trade someone they wanted, not Dixon (though I know he was mentioned as a joke). Who do we not want that a Reid-led team would? Miller's too important to us, I believe.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind what Andy Reid is doing, bringing in guys for his system and jettisoning any that may not have a role in his system. Player to player, the Cards got the better end of this deal, but if Arenas isn't the type of CB he's looking for or his KR skills are redundant with other guys like McCluster on the roster already, then Reid getting the FB he wants for a guy who he doesn't need/want is a win for him as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Javier would not have made this team. He doesn't bring enough as a CB to make the team and we are already crowded at the position. He isn't better than Aso, Brown, Rogers, Cully or Cox at CB.

yeah, the below does make you wonder just how good he is? cause after two seasons in the NFL, you'd have shown a little more?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the below does make you wonder just how good he is? cause after two seasons in the NFL, you'd have shown a little more?

I know exactly how good he is (or isn't), I watched him play since he was a rookie. He is absolutely 100% nothing special as a CB. He could add some depth as a back up CB to a team that is thin at the position, but lets not expect any quality starts out of him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know exactly how good he is (or isn't), I watched him play since he was a rookie. He is absolutely 100% nothing special as a CB. He could add some depth as a back up CB to a team that is thin at the position, but lets not expect any quality starts out of him.

ok, then we shouldn't sweat this trade.....at all. it makes sense cause i never heard of this FB?

thats the thing about coming from a STRONG college team, how much of it was you versus teammates? i relaize this applies to Eric Reid too.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My virtual Cards on Madden 13 have been trying to replace Sherman at FB for two seasons....