• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals@Rams, Post-Game Analysis: Rams Lose 6-12

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very clear what this team needs to focus on this offseason: a legit starting QB, offensive line help and an OC that actually knows how to call a game. Getting secondary help is minor compared to the help we need for those other 3 things.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would have called a run play?? They stuffed us the entire game. Mason had 33yds the entire game. Don't think a run would have worked there. Hill/ Davis both are back ups period.
You really don't get it do you MtrCoug.

If Brian calls a run play there (Like everyone is second guessing) and it failed, then these same folks would have jumped all over Shotz for running on an obvious play action passing down.

That's the way it works around here.

Losing breeds contempt.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian is a 'by the book' play caller. He is ultra patient and sticks to his game plan. These attributes are solid with a the grind it out and smash mouth defense Fisher is bringing to the Rams.

It worked well for him in New York going to back to back AFC Championship games. And with a few more pieces it can work well for us here.

We just don't have all the pieces yet but we are much closer than when these guys came to St Louis.

I didn't want Brain then and I wouldn't shed a tear if he left but he is not as bad as you guys are making him out to be.

Since he is a by the playbook guy, he closes his playbook whenever he has bad field position. This keeps him from putting his defense in bad situations in most games. We had poor field position most of this game and were a yard shy of moving the chains on a few drives where we went 3 and out in the second half.

You can see a different play caller when he has first and goal beyond the 35 or 40. As far as playing to your strengths goes, I agree. Still one must consider the opposition and what their strengths are too. Strengths to me are based your best match-ups.

Really I'm not a Hill nor a Brian guy but picking apart these guys like we do is beyond reason if you ask me so I always try to add some perspective rather than join the lynch mob.
lynchmob.gif

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't get it do you MtrCoug.

If Brian calls a run play there (Like everyone is second guessing) and it failed, then these same folks would have jumped all over Shotz for running on an obvious play action passing down.

That's the way it works around here.

Losing breeds contempt.

haha I see.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we lose that game if Bradford was in there.

You do realize SJ was being sarcastic when he said we would have won with Bradford in there, don't you?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize SJ was being sarcastic when he said we would have won with Bradford in there, don't you?

You mean he doesn't think Sam is our future?? Yes I know he was being sarcastic.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mtrcougar, where did you get that nerdie looking Sammie Avi?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny it's the first pic that came up when I searched for a pic lol.

That is funny...If I were Sam I'd get one of those internet cleaning company's to broom that pic from the face of the earth. :pound: