• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals place Ryan Swope on reserve/retired list due to concussions

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Cardinals placed rookie WR Ryan Swope on reserve/retired list due to concussions. Looks like his NFL career is over.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ryan Swope Put On Reserve-Retired List

“As a result of a concussion I suffered during OTAs, I was advised by doctors that there were serious risks in returning to play football at this point. It has been a lifelong dream to play in the NFL but my long-term health interests outweigh my current goals for football. Because of that, I am electing to retire from the game for now and and then reassess my future after this season. In the meantime, I plan to return to Texas A&M to pursue my degree.

"I want to thank the Arizona Cardinals organization for the opportunity and their support. I wish the team much success this season"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, it was worth a shot for 'em. A 6th round pick down the drain.

That's too bad. I liked Swope & was rooting for him to have moderate individual success while his team was in the toilet.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
God, another concussion during OTA? It's like he gets them from breathing. He had some talent and heart. Somewhat sad to see him go as a player, but that's why he fell in the draft.