• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinal practice

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Cards would be naive to think they will just steam roll them again; although that would be nice. I don't have any proof to support this, and it's truly my opinion, but when a blowout ensues between two really good teams I find that the one defeated in that blowout has the upper hand going into a rematch. I never played football, but it would seem that from a mental standpoint they'll be more focused on not allowing that to happen twice oppose to the winner thinking if they did it once they could do it again. Non of that's probably true, and I really do hope the Cards blow em' up. I hate GB and hope for the NFCW Championship game; then I can attempt to go.

With that being said, it's hard to imagine GB putting up numbers like last week. Washington has a below average defense compared to the Cards; even with the injuries on D in AZ. As long as Palmer can bounce back from the Seattle game I don't think Rodgers can keep up with them.

The key is getting pressure on Rodgers. If they can do that again, they should be fine. If not, he could pick them apart. I love that we have PP because he'll basically take away one option for them most plays.

As for the blowout, I agree with your general sentiment...which I think is basically they don't mean a whole lot when it involves two good teams. We saw it last week in Minnesota and I fear we will see it again this weekend. I'm not sure the team getting beat has an advantage, but in some situations, that is probably true. With the Cards...it may be the reminder they needed after a 9 game winning streak where some of them may have felt they could get away with half-assing it a bit.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to an interview with BA on NFL radio and he said practice has been so intense the coaches have had to calm everyone down. He said the team is very anxious to get on the field Saturday.

Don't know if that is good or bad, but I gotta think good? :noidea:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to an interview with BA on NFL radio and he said practice has been so intense the coaches have had to calm everyone down. He said the team is very anxious to get on the field Saturday.

I think it's bad, but...better than the alternative that occurred in Week 17. Rather be too intense than lazy and going through the motions. For this team, anything outside the norm (because the norm works) is concerning.

Coaches need to take everyone down a notch and harness that energy to get locked in the right way. Far from Mission Impossible and good to hear they will be amped for Saturday. I really couldn't imagine they wouldn't.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think it's bad considering Okafor was lost during practice this week. The toaster is gonna be jacked up on Sunday, and that's when they really need to be able to contain their composure. As long as they stay cool and play sound football there is no way GB beats them; the Cards are flat out better. Only the Cards can beat themselves this Saturday.

Thanks for letting me shoot the sh** on your turf!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think it's bad considering Okafor was lost during practice this week. The toaster is gonna be jacked up on Sunday, and that's when they really need to be able to contain their composure. As long as they stay cool and play sound football there is no way GB beats them; the Cards are flat out better. Only the Cards can beat themselves this Saturday.

Thanks for letting me shoot the sh** on your turf!

Anytime. Where you been?! You are the most rational, normal-sounding Seahawk fan I've ever come across.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime. Where you been?! You are the most rational, normal-sounding Seahawk fan I've ever come across.
Lol, thanks. I'm on the Hawks board all the time, but don't venture across too often. I'm a huge Seattle sports fan from birth, but enjoy talking sports no matter what flag fly's from your porch. Living in AZ allows me the opportunity to see and hear what the current rival thinks a little easier than most. Hopefully we can keep this thing going into next week! :suds:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, thanks. I'm on the Hawks board all the time, but don't venture across too often. I'm a huge Seattle sports fan from birth, but enjoy talking sports no matter what flag fly's from your porch. Living in AZ allows me the opportunity to see and hear what the current rival thinks a little easier than most. Hopefully we can keep this thing going into next week! :suds:
I'm going to be moving back to Portland at the end of March. I lived there through High school and know all about what it's like to live in a rivals area with being a Suns/Cards fan I just hope I can get to a game or two in the next few years. I haven't been able to get to a game since they were the Phoenix Cardinals.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be moving back to Portland at the end of March. I lived there through High school and know all about what it's like to live in a rivals area with being a Suns/Cards fan I just hope I can get to a game or two in the next few years. I haven't been able to get to a game since they were the Phoenix Cardinals.

I was lucky enough to move from one city to another where the sports teams barely registered on the others radar. If they were rivals, I'm not sure how that would have shaken out.

As a Bills fan...I just can't see EVER rooting for the Patriots or Dolphins if I moved (and ended up loving) to Boston or Miami. I have an AZ friend who moved to SEA though and he rocked his Fitz jersey at SEA games all the way up until last year when AZ got knocked out of the playoffs...he was seen wearing a Sherman jersey the next week. Just couldn't do it myself lol

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was lucky enough to move from one city to another where the sports teams barely registered on the others radar. If they were rivals, I'm not sure how that would have shaken out.

As a Bills fan...I just can't see EVER rooting for the Patriots or Dolphins if I moved (and ended up loving) to Boston or Miami. I have an AZ friend who moved to SEA though and he rocked his Fitz jersey at SEA games all the way up until last year when AZ got knocked out of the playoffs...he was seen wearing a Sherman jersey the next week. Just couldn't do it myself lol
That's a highly questionable move, you'll never catch me in a Fitz jersey; although Fitz is one of my favorite non Hawks players. I like being in AZ as a Hawks fan, it brings great debates especially when both are doing good. Although, I did like going to ASU for the Hawks games because it almost felt like home games back then. The Big Toaster brought on a new generation of Cards fans and ticket prices skyrocketed.