• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardale Jones.......

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could declare for the draft. Think about it, with Barrett coming back he'll sit behind him. Coming out for the draft would be a better option for him than transferring and sitting out a year. Should he come out, we NEED to draft him. He can sit for two years while Dalton puts an exclamation point on his suckage, then boom!!!! We have our version of Big Ben.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could declare for the draft. Think about it, with Barrett coming back he'll sit behind him. Coming out for the draft would be a better option for him than transferring and sitting out a year. Should he come out, we NEED to draft him. He can sit for two years while Dalton puts an exclamation point on his suckage, then boom!!!! We have our version of Big Ben.

when we waive him prior to putting him on the PS, someone else will pick him up.

unless you are deciding to waive McCarron, in which case someone will pick him up instead.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we waive him prior to putting him on the PS, someone else will pick him up.

unless you are deciding to waive McCarron, in which case someone will pick him up instead.

If we could get Jones, then fuck McCarron and his gorgeous wife.............and this from a hardcore Alabama fan, no less...........

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how long would you anticipate Jones would take to adjust to the NFL?

his most likely course of action will just be to transfer to another college.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, I take that back, word around the interwebs is that Jones has a kid to support, so he will likely sign up as a #3 QB project somewhere in the NFL for that reason alone.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that said, we've invested a year in teaching McCarron the ways of the NFL QB and letting him memorize Hue's offense. we're not waiving him for a project that won't see the field until 2017.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's a fucking moron that throws a bunch of jump balls to his one trick pony receiver or takes off running too soon when his first option isn't open.

No thanks. We already have a scrub QB, no reason to add another.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lord....

Make it stop.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't guess I have a problem with signing him to the practice squad, but I wouldn't waste a round 1-5 on him. if he likes playing Ohio area, we got that covered, and we're a few degrees warmer than Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see..... A three star recruit that wasn't one of the top 2 quarterbacks on his own college team wins a NC because his team is absolutely loaded at every other position and now he declares for the draft...... Sure, sounds like a 1st rounder to me!

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should draft Munchie Legaux because I'm a UC fan. Then we can draft Gunner Kiel next year, because I like him too. You need receivers? We got em! Take your pick, McKay? Washington? Dowdy? Maybe you want Abernathy?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With regard to him being like Roethlisberger, I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching him play last night. Wow, he has a super arm and he's built like a house. I'm excited to see how this kid (really big man) will develop.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jamarcus_russell_008.jpg

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he's only played 3 games would worry me about drafting him.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Plus, your 3rd QB doesn't have to be on the practice squad. You can keep 3 on your roster and just inactive #3. I agree, give him two years to learn.

You are not going to find a cheaper QB than Jones who if he declares now will probably at best be a 3rd round pick. Big size, mobile, good pocket awareness, can take a hit and avoid sacks (just like Big Ben) and has a cannon for an arm. He can throw it 50 yards with just arm strength....he sets in the pocket, you are looking at him being able to throw it 65 to 70 yards.

Everyone talks about his one target Devon Smith bailing him out, but wouldn't Green do that same thing. At least Jones might be able to hit Green deep in stride. Plus, with his mobility and size, you have to keep more guys in the box, maybe releasing some double coverage off the wide outs.

He is absolutely worth a 3rd-5th round pick, as a flyer. If Dalton, McCarron are not the answers, we have no better alternative to upgrade that position as we sit.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sad thing is these homers don't understand that the system employed at OSU and the "quarterbacks" that they recruit don't translate to the NFL. When you're running a system that requires you to target kids that are playing QB because they're the best athlete at their high school rather than a system that requires you to recruit the guys that are genuinely elite quarterbacks, you're probably not going to be sending a lot of successful quarterbacks to the NFL.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he wasn't that good wouldn't worry you more?

What are you smoking? He was great. He hadn't played all year, came in and helped win a Big10 Championship, the Sugar Bowl and a National Championship. Not bad for just 3 games of play. The INT he threw in that game last night was not even his fault.

You are signing him for his skills you can't teach. Size, pocket awareness, strength, arm strength, mobility and he is a damn winner. Those were three huge games he didn't fold or buckle under, and he was 3rd on the depth chart at QB coming into the year. He didn't let 4 offensive TO's rattle him, or get him out of his game plan and comfort level. That is very un-Dalton-esque, the exact thing we are looking for. He is not an immediate starter in the NFL, but give him a couple years, he may be a quality QB that doesn't at least fold under the pressure of the lights.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please.

Make it fucking stop.

MAKE. IT. STOP! I BEG YOU!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Ohio State hate in this thread. Cardale Jones is a stud and will be an all pro in the NFL.