• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Car Problem AGAIN

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having more problems with my 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE...

Now the parking lights don't go on.... I have already had the wires checked when my radio went out and the lights kept on flickering (which they are still somewhat doing), already had the battery checked... Nothing...

But now the parking lights (BOTH) in the front don't go on and they both were changed a few months ago... So it can't be that they burnt out... right?

I have about 108K on it... I service it regularly and use Mobil 1 and don't beat the heck out of the car.... Though with all these issues I have been having lately I want to.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any ideas? I look to you Hooplan saviors!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The parking lights don't come on now, but the headlights still flicker a little bit.
I doubt that they both burned out at the exact same time, but shit happens.

I take it that you never really got the original problem fixed then.

I got nothing.
But will keep thinking on it.

edit: unless it's in the switch itself

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having more problems with my 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE...

Now the parking lights don't go on.... I have already had the wires checked when my radio went out and the lights kept on flickering (which they are still somewhat doing), already had the battery checked... Nothing...

But now the parking lights (BOTH) in the front don't go on and they both were changed a few months ago... So it can't be that they burnt out... right?

I have about 108K on it... I service it regularly and use Mobil 1 and don't beat the heck out of the car.... Though with all these issues I have been having lately I want to.

I think it's the Mobile 1.

How's the ground?

My kid had an issue with his KIA that sounds similar to yours but I don't remember the exact symptoms. His ended up being water was getting into the wire harness when it rained and it caused corrosion and shorts. had to get a new wiring harness....hopefully it's something as simple as the switch or a short.

and by the way, the tail lights in my Mustang went out within a day of each other, and why not, they were installed at the same time, changed them both and they're fine now.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try this: Find an LED light of some sort and plug it into the cigarette lighter or some wire somewhere. When the car is running, does it flash or something irregular? If so, you might have a problem with your voltage regulator.(which is in the alternator) If not, then order a new switch on Ebay for a few bucks.

It's probably the ground or a wire is raw and bumping some metal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any ideas? I look to you Hooplan saviors!
Try this: Find an LED light of some sort and plug it into the cigarette lighter or some wire somewhere. When the car is running, does it flash or something irregular? If so, you might have a problem with your voltage regulator.(which is in the alternator) If not, then order a new switch on Ebay for a few bucks.

It's probably the ground or a wire is raw and bumping some metal.

I have my cell phone charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter that does have a white light and at times I do see the light flashing on and off but I can't tell if it's the charger itself or it is because there is a problem.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the Mobile 1.

How's the ground?

My kid had an issue with his KIA that sounds similar to yours but I don't remember the exact symptoms. His ended up being water was getting into the wire harness when it rained and it caused corrosion and shorts. had to get a new wiring harness....hopefully it's something as simple as the switch or a short.

and by the way, the tail lights in my Mustang went out within a day of each other, and why not, they were installed at the same time, changed them both and they're fine now.

When I went to both Sears (I was doing other things and asked them to check) AND Nissan dealership they claimed the wiring was fine but I guess that probably means they didn't check the ground. I would hope it something simple but lately anything with my car that is "simple" turns out to be a huge pain in the rear.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed you checked the lamp fuses?

It's already been mentioned, you either have short somewhere or it's the alternator. And since you had your wires checked, a short is likely with the switch.

Edit: If you haven't, make sure you check both the under the dash & under the hood fuses.

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed you checked the lamp fuses?

It's already been mentioned, you either have short somewhere or it's the alternator. And since you had your wires checked, a short is likely with the switch.

Edit: If you haven't, make sure you check both the under the dash & under the hood fuses.

Didn't think about the dash fuse

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think about the dash fuse

I think the tail lamp fuse is under the hood in Altimas? Not sure. But I would check them all just to be sure. You can probably google which fuse # you are looking for.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the tail lamp fuse is under the hood in Altimas? Not sure. But I would check them all just to be sure. You can probably google which fuse # you are looking for.

Thanks for the heads up

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, fuse block is a good tip...clean all those connections.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, fuse block is a good tip...clean all those connections.

I saw this morning that the cables on my battery were pretty rusty and corroded, so could that be it as well?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this morning that the cables on my battery were pretty rusty and corroded, so could that be it as well?

yeah...could be fucking all kinds of shit up. But no, don't think you'll get off that easy. :thumb: The car will make you suffer further.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...could be fucking all kinds of shit up. But no, don't think you'll get off that easy. :thumb: The car will make you suffer further.

god damnit! I am sure you are correct!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing??? Change those parking light bulbs just to make sure.
I would think that whatever fuse that goes to the headlights would also include the parking lights, but look at your manual to make sure.
Second thing?? Check the grounding strap that goes from the engine to the frame. (if they even still have those?) or whatever grounding system the car has.
Third thing? Take it to an auto parts store and have them check the alternator. It's free. Check the connection to the alternator just to make sure there's a good connection.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing??? Change those parking light bulbs just to make sure.
I would think that whatever fuse that goes to the headlights would also include the parking lights, but look at your manual to make sure.
Second thing?? Check the grounding strap that goes from the engine to the frame. (if they even still have those?) or whatever grounding system the car has.
Third thing? Take it to an auto parts store and have them check the alternator. It's free. Check the connection to the alternator just to make sure there's a good connection.

Parking Lights were switched out about 2 months ago...

I really should bring it in to Auto Zone or something like that to check the alternator. thanks for that idea.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw something against the wall and see if it sticks...

Wouldn't your car have a "CPU computer brain" in it? If so, couldn't one tap into that and see an "error code" and go from there? Sure the dealership has tried this already, but I don't see a reply above asking about the car brain.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw something against the wall and see if it sticks...

Wouldn't your car have a "CPU computer brain" in it? If so, couldn't one tap into that and see an "error code" and go from there? Sure the dealership has tried this already, but I don't see a reply above asking about the car brain.

I would have thought the dealership would have done that initially. I mean I first brought it in telling them about my lights flickering like they were going from low beams to high beams. They looked at it for about an hour (granted them probably didn't) and they said they couldn't find anything.