• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap ?

PatsRule12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After signing Revis how much money do we have to spend on free agency? I know we might be cutting more people and trying to restructure some contracts. If you had to estimate, how much will we have to spend and who will we target?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably get it to 10, maybe 15 more after revis, depending how creative they get

PatsRule12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks JDM!! Who do we go after? Woodyard, Nicks, DT, Safety or do we wait for the draft?

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM is correct. Pats can easily get to $10-$15 million under CAP with restructure of Mankins and redoing new contract for Vince plus cutting wilson etc..

I would like a shot at Akeem Hicks but only on an incentive based contract. Revis is an upgrade at cornerback. I would like Woodyard the cover linebacker from Denver. He is the best coverage LB available in FA.

I hear Pats like Avant from eagles but that is a rumor as is Lafell from Carolina. we can now concentrate on a TE in draft and a DT.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like LaFell. Avant is OK but if we were going to go with a Philly guy it should have been maclin. I'm happy with what we have here, though. They're young but talented and need to stay on the field.

Woodyard is interesting. He adds some flexibility so for the right price I'm happy with it, but he likely won't see the field every play so price is a factor.

Overall I don't see many holes that need filled. I just want Blount and Edelman back. Maybe BJ Raji? DT could be improved some.

Sabmurf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Seahawks CB Brandon Browner will be visiting NE tomorrow, this D is starting to take shape.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be maybe the fourth guy. I don't see the point.

Welcome to the two new faces, btw.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Seahawks CB Brandon Browner will be visiting NE tomorrow, this D is starting to take shape.

Couldn't we sign Champ Bailey for less, maybe even vet min IMO Champ would be a solid depth pick up for next to nothing. And why not ask Tony G if he has one more year left in the tank.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't we sign Champ Bailey for less, maybe even vet min IMO Champ would be a solid depth pick up for next to nothing. And why not ask Tony G if he has one more year left in the tank.

Browner is 6'-4" and 220 lbs. Plays aggressivly and is younger/healthier than Champ.

I don't know how fast he is or what his cover skills are though. Is he better in space, or man to man?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner is 6'-4" and 220 lbs. Plays aggressivly and is younger/healthier than Champ.

I don't know how fast he is or what his cover skills are though. Is he better in space, or man to man?

Couple of things here...Not sure he is a healthier player at this point. He did tear his groin last season before he got suspended.

Coverage wise he is at his best in Press Man Coverage. He doesn't have the top end speed that you want but his height and strength help to make up for that. He is essentially a glorified linebacker with great coverage skills. If you have a decent pass rush and good Safety help over the top Browner is a guy worth taking a look at. Just have to remember he is suspended at least for the first 4 games of the season and is one strike away from out of the league for good.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things here...Not sure he is a healthier player at this point. He did tear his groin last season before he got suspended.

Coverage wise he is at his best in Press Man Coverage. He doesn't have the top end speed that you want but his height and strength help to make up for that. He is essentially a glorified linebacker with great coverage skills. If you have a decent pass rush and good Safety help over the top Browner is a guy worth taking a look at. Just have to remember he is suspended at least for the first 4 games of the season and is one strike away from out of the league for good.

Did not know about the groin tear.

I thought he was in the running for probowl last year, or did he make probowl in '12?
Was his susp. for PED or what?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a big aggressive guy is nice at the line specially on TEs

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed. Combined with not submitting to testing while he was playing Canadian football.

I don't see the point here. If he's cheap fine, but dennard is better IMO and I'm a fan of Logan Ryan. I wouldn't mind letting them two compete for the third spot, but in interests of longer term I'd rather see Ryan get more of those reps, and that would leave browner as our 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also got a strike against him for taking Aderal or whatever that drug that like 6-7 Seahawks players got suspended for.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed. Combined with not submitting to testing while he was playing Canadian football.

I don't see the point here. If he's cheap fine, but dennard is better IMO and I'm a fan of Logan Ryan. I wouldn't mind letting them two compete for the third spot, but in interests of longer term I'd rather see Ryan get more of those reps, and that would leave browner as our 4.

Quality depth is the point. Especially if he is cheap.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be. If he's cheap, sure, go ahead. But I don't think he'll be cheap enough to be worth his likely role.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't agree often but we do here.

Quality depth is the point. Especially if he is cheap.

If he is cheap sure but why not target a SS or are we relying on Duron Harmon to step in

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harmon and I like Tavon Wilson. Keep in mind that we do also have Adrian Wilson under contract and if he doesn't get the boot there's not a lot of roster spots left for a SS. I also just don't see a lot available on the market at safety that's exciting, or a significant upgrade at the position without spending completely out the ass. Most likely is that we sign a journeyman to compete with Adrian Wilson for depth and let Harmon likely start.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't agree often but we do here.

If he is cheap sure but why not target a SS or are we relying on Duron Harmon to step in

SS is a position we have all said is a big need.
Who's out there that really brings it?
This Browner has the size to match up with TE's. And I actually like the lb they had in earlier, Woodyard? 6' @ 230 and fast. I think either could play the SS situationally at least. Bill is always great at fitting the role to the player instead of the player to fit the role.

I whole heartedly agree SS is a huge need. Without a Rodney Harrison out there for the signing, Bill has got to just make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harmon and I like Tavon Wilson. Keep in mind that we do also have Adrian Wilson under contract and if he doesn't get the boot there's not a lot of roster spots left for a SS. I also just don't see a lot available on the market at safety that's exciting, or a significant upgrade at the position without spending completely out the ass. Most likely is that we sign a journeyman to compete with Adrian Wilson for depth and let Harmon likely start.

Exactly.