• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Canucks vs Flames - Round 1

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just tired of watching offensive plays die at the end of Raymond's stick - A speedier version of Blake Comeau is still not good.
Ah yes, the first of Toronto's recent "reclamation" projects. Two more years for him in CGY, right?

I wonder how much Nashville is regretting their pre-deadline deal for Santorelli? Combined, he and Franson have 8 points in 46 games :lol:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow did Bob get defensive immediatley. good for him. gillis was a goof. bob is no great guy but man that was pretty bad

that wasnt Moj being defensive ... that was him being a Bruins/Lucic slurper :nod:

Moj used to be quite prolific at challenging people that worked with him to fights ... the firings have mellowed him a bit :whistle:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wasnt Moj being defensive ... that was him being a Bruins/Lucic slurper :nod:

Moj used to be quite prolific at challenging people that worked with him to fights ... the firings have mellowed him a bit :whistle:
I love when middle-aged men insist on being called by their nicknames. "O-Dog", "The Moj", "Noodles"...that shit's hilarious to me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just enjoy any reason to rip Jeff O'Neill. Fuck that guy, man.

Now, what about Kevin Bieksa? He's still healthy and good to go? :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when middle-aged men insist on being called by their nicknames. "O-Dog", "The Moj", "Noodles"...that shit's hilarious to me.

I give the moj a pass on the nickname thing ... hes got a long serbian surname that would get butchered otherwise ... it was that or anglicize the surname

/when my bro first got in the biz they wanted him to go with a shortened version of our name (his instructors told him that first day of school at bcit) but he didnt have the requisite level of douchebagginess to come up with a nickname :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the moj a pass on the nickname thing ... hes got a long serbian surname that would get butchered otherwise ... it was that or anglicize the surname

/when my bro first got in the biz they wanted him to go with a shortened version of our name (his instructors told him that first day of school at bcit) but he didnt have the requisite level of douchebagginess to come up with a nickname :noidea:
If an abbreviated version of your name hasn't stuck by the time you're 18, there's no reason there should be any attempts afterward to make one do so.

I understand "Moj", I'm more aiming toward "O-Dog". Seriously, he dislikes being called Jeff. He wants to be called O-Dog. This is who the masses turn to for hockey commentary here, because he's just like "the common folks".

Things that bug me...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to call Brad Treliving "baby dragon", but jstew informs me that's Blake Price's moniker...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to call Brad Treliving "baby dragon", but jstew informs me that's Blake Price's moniker...

Treliving didnt deserve the baby dragon moniker ... Blake Price embodies it lol

CCYNCoOUkAAbC_J.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laff.

But these are screen names, not nicknames, and we aren't using them professionally.

says you..... oh I see.... lol

actually mattola has been my nickname since the mid 90s. god damn greeks lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laff.

But these are screen names, not nicknames, and we aren't using them professionally.

funny thing is I know Mooger and Puckhead pretty well outside the internets (sorry about that guys) and they have both met my wife and I have met theirs (can you believe were all actually married) whenever I go to meet them for pints I tell my wife Im going to hang with mooger and puck and shes like who everytime lol.... but I think I have her knowing them by those names now...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3